2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Women - FS | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Women - FS

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Junior Women Free Program

Thurdsay, January 11 at 18:15 PST
(Time in other cities)

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Video
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Starting #NameProgram MusicSectionGroup #
1Lilika ZhengSP: Never Tear Us Apart by Paloma Faith
FS: The Rose by Bette Midler
ON1
2Julia LaBellaSP: Booty Swing by Parov Stelar
FS: Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel
ON1
3Hannah DawsonSP: Crazy performed by Daniela Andrade
FS: Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machine
ON1
4Catherine CarleSP: "Orfeo ed Euridice" Dance of the Blessed Spirits by Gil Shaham; Devil's Dance from "The Witches of Eastwick" by Gil Shaham
FS: Vote for Mr. Rhythm performed by Nikki Yanofsky; Somewhere Over the Rainbow performed by the Hollywood Studio Orchestra; A Tisket, A Tasket performed by Nikki Yanofsky
ON1
5Vasilisa MatantsevaSP: La Cumparsita
FS: An American in Paris
BC/YK1
6Jolie ChiemSP: Clair de Lune performed by Kun Woo Paik
FS: Spellbound Concerto by Earl Wild from "Spellbound"
AB/NT/NUN1
7Olivia FarrowSP: The Planets
FS: Malaguena performed by Stanley Black, London Festival Orchestra
ON2
8Lissa Anne McGagheySP: Amor Dulce Muerte by Vincente Amigo; Nada Puede Dormir by Vincente Amigo
FS: Maleficent Flies, Path of Destruction by James Newton Howard from "Maleficent"; Once Upon a Dream performed by Lana Del Rey from "Maleficent"; The Queen of Faerieland by James Newton Howard from "Maleficent"
NB2
9Élodie AdsuarSP: Scheherazade performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
FS: Asturias by Isaac Albeniz performed by William Joseph, feat. Jesse Cook; Shake by Jesse Cook; La Llorona feat. Amanda Martinez by Jesse Cook
QC2
10Rosalie VincentSP: With a Little Help from My Friends performed by Nikki Yanofsky
FS: The Grande valse brillante in E-flat major, Op. 18 performed by Lang Lang
QC2
11Emma BulawkaSP: I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane performed by Chantal Kreviazuk
FS: Papa Can You Hear Me? by Barbara Streisand
BC/YK2
12Evelyn WalshSP: Ochi Chornyje (Dark Eyes) performed by Roby Lakatos Ensemble
FS: On My Own performed by Rosalind James
ON2
13Justine BrasseurSP: Alice's Theme by Danny Elfman from "Alice in Wonderland"
FS: U Plavu Zoru by Pink Martini
QC3
14Béatrice Lavoie-LéonardSP: It's Happening Again by Agnes Obel; Rain, in Your Black Eyes by Ezio Bosso
FS: The Cheek of Night by Abel Korzeniowski from "Romeo & Juliet"; Old Money by Lana Del Ray; Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota
QC3
15Victoria BocknekSP: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica performed by Marlisa
FS: Experience by Ludovico Einaudi
ON3
16Alison SchumacherSP: I Want to Hold Your Hand by John Lennon, Paul McCartney
FS: Fascination by Fermo Dante Marchetti, performed by Andre Rieu
ON3
17Olivia GranSP: Warsaw Concerto composed by Richard Addinsell performed by Frank Chackfiled & His Orchestra, choreographed by Jason Mongrain
FS: Walking in the Air by Celtic Woman, choreographed by Catarina Lindgren
BC/YK3
18Sarah-Maude BlanchardSP: One Day I'll Fly Away by Nicole Kidman
FS: The Storm by Lisa Gerrard, Endi
QC3

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Empty ranks, empty forum ... so little interest in Canadian juniors?! :scratch2:

Come on people, they are good!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Empty ranks, empty forum ... so little interest in Canadian juniors?! :scratch2:

I'm here! Never paid attention to Canada's junior ladies before, so I have no idea who to look out for. But having fun anyway.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Sarah-Maude: Not the most spectacular tech and too cautious for the music, but skated with an attitude. Slower music would fit her better, maybe a waltz?

Correction: That was not Sarah-Maude, but Vasilisa?! Canadian livescoring has a confusing format. :hslap:

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
I’m here too! These girls have way more potential than ehat they are showing here... They all skate with fear it seems...

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Maybe not with fear but visibly cautiously. The coaches probably prefer clean execution over reckless abandon. Not wrong for learners, but a certain spark is missing. Let's see how the leading ladies do.

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
In my mind, cautious goes with fear. Some skate conservatively, but they all can land easily their lower triples usually.

That is said, I really like the Mongrain’s students. They have great edges, great jumping technique.

Scout

Final Flight
Maybe not fear so much as nerves or anxiousness?

Rough skate for Evelyn. She's better than that.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Evelyn put in more energy and promptly fell three times. But she looks promising. Nice flow, as long as she stays on the feet.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Did Justine Brasseur finish her turn? I remember she competed as a pair skater in the JGP seires some years ago although she didn't get much successes from that. I wish she follows her aunt's legacy but she competes as a single skater now.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I think the lack of interest in Canadian juniors is mainly because people know Canadian stars come as a late boomer. Except Justine, everyone on the entry list look new to me. Canadian junior men earn a few medals in the Junior GP circuit while as far as I've known, no Canadian juniors in ladies this season.

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
Did Justine Brasseur finish her turn? I remember she competed as a pair skater in the JGP seires some years ago although she didn't get much successes from that. I wish she follows her aunt's legacy but she competes as a single skater now.

She did get to the Youth Olympics in Norway. She skates with a (former) Ukrainian partner now, but have been together not so long. She had sustained an injury before and was off 5he ice for a long time.

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
Olivia Gran was on the JGP last year, as Schumacher was this year. Hannah Dawson won a competition in Croatia this fall...
All the junior men who have won medals on the JGP skate in the senior division at Nationals.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
A lot of fall on jumps from Schumacher, but her dress is very gorgeous as well as her steps.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Ted's commentaries are really supportive and warm just like his commentaries for the JGP series.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I have to say I became a Victoria Bockneck fan when I did the table for music. She's got solid technique - Ted even pointed out how efficiently she rotates. Not to mention I like her music choices. :) I'm glad to see her get a podium spot. YRSA's ladies are outshining their men this year.

Olivia has been through a lot, according to Ted (I just know she was out with injury?) so it's good to see her take that title. Ted was pretty happy too. Finally gets to see one of his BC skaters take the gold.

Alison...how disappointing for her! She's also got some great technique when she's on (the opening 3Lz :thumbsup:) but the URs and falls did her in. Lee Barkell looked pretty sad too. She can rebound though. She needs to have a strong summer to set her up for international assignments next season. Right now though Junior Worlds is not in the cards any longer. :(

Justine has a new partner in Mark Bardei. They plan to compete together next season.