USFS Announces Three Withdrawals | Page 7 | Golden Skate

USFS Announces Three Withdrawals

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm going to guess that NBC hired Ashley for some sort of commenting gig. Maybe not on figure skating, but she could be a correspondent and they'll send her around to interview athletes. Or, ABC hired her for Dancing with the Stars and she can't announce it until the cast list comes out?

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Sheesh, these opening ceremonies sound like an extreme sport in themselves :( I hope the skaters all stay in, rest and keep warm. They’ve always got the closing to live it up!

jf12

Final Flight
I'm going to guess that NBC hired Ashley for some sort of commenting gig. Maybe not on figure skating, but she could be a correspondent and they'll send her around to interview athletes. Or, ABC hired her for Dancing with the Stars and she can't announce it until the cast list comes out?

I’m not sure she can take a job like that at the Olympics and be 1st alternate at the same time. If she was, I would think she would be sportsmanlike enough to withdraw from the alternate spot early as well, and she hasn’t!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I’m not sure she can take a job like that at the Olympics and be 1st alternate at the same time. If she was, I would think she would be sportsmanlike enough to withdraw from the alternate spot early as well, and she hasn’t!

Excellent point re: the NBC "job" I was speculating on. But she could definitely be on DWTS. I would watch the heck out of that. I only tuned into DWTS for one season, and that was because I only watched Meryl and Charlie go toe-to-toe and didn't care about anyone else. Heh.

Imagine

Medalist
If there’s going to be one “skater,” if you can still call her that, on DWTS this season, it will probably be Tonya let’s be honest...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excellent point re: the NBC "job" I was speculating on. But she could definitely be on DWTS. I would watch the heck out of that. I only tuned into DWTS for one season, and that was because I only watched Meryl and Charlie go toe-to-toe and didn't care about anyone else. Heh.

I admit it. I watched DWTS the Meryl and Charlie season. Not before, and not since. Aside from those two, I don't recall any of the other celebrities, other than the girl who played Winnie Cooper. When I was a kid, I had a crush on Winnie Cooper.

Trewyn

Medalist
Ashley would be a dream contestant on DWTS, just because of the drama potential.
So true. I actually thought that would be in the cards, after another team medal at the Olympics... Now, not sure if her 2014 fame is enough to get her invited on the show?

jf12

Final Flight
So true. I actually thought that would be in the cards, after another team medal at the Olympics... Now, not sure if her 2014 fame is enough to get her invited on the show?

Though I would LOVE to see Ashley on the show I doubt that they will ask her, given that every other skater that has been on before has won Olympic gold or silver. They might ask Nathan!