Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: USFS Announces Three Withdrawals

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    I'm going to guess that NBC hired Ashley for some sort of commenting gig. Maybe not on figure skating, but she could be a correspondent and they'll send her around to interview athletes. Or, ABC hired her for Dancing with the Stars and she can't announce it until the cast list comes out?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Sheesh, these opening ceremonies sound like an extreme sport in themselves I hope the skaters all stay in, rest and keep warm. They’ve always got the closing to live it up!

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I'm going to guess that NBC hired Ashley for some sort of commenting gig. Maybe not on figure skating, but she could be a correspondent and they'll send her around to interview athletes. Or, ABC hired her for Dancing with the Stars and she can't announce it until the cast list comes out?
    I’m not sure she can take a job like that at the Olympics and be 1st alternate at the same time. If she was, I would think she would be sportsmanlike enough to withdraw from the alternate spot early as well, and she hasn’t!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jf12 View Post
    I’m not sure she can take a job like that at the Olympics and be 1st alternate at the same time. If she was, I would think she would be sportsmanlike enough to withdraw from the alternate spot early as well, and she hasn’t!
    Excellent point re: the NBC "job" I was speculating on. But she could definitely be on DWTS. I would watch the heck out of that. I only tuned into DWTS for one season, and that was because I only watched Meryl and Charlie go toe-to-toe and didn't care about anyone else. Heh.

0 Not allowed!
    If there’s going to be one “skater,” if you can still call her that, on DWTS this season, it will probably be Tonya let’s be honest...

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Excellent point re: the NBC "job" I was speculating on. But she could definitely be on DWTS. I would watch the heck out of that. I only tuned into DWTS for one season, and that was because I only watched Meryl and Charlie go toe-to-toe and didn't care about anyone else. Heh.
    I admit it. I watched DWTS the Meryl and Charlie season. Not before, and not since. Aside from those two, I don't recall any of the other celebrities, other than the girl who played Winnie Cooper. When I was a kid, I had a crush on Winnie Cooper.

0 Not allowed!
    Error Code: 404

Path Not Found: Delete Disabled

2 Not allowed!
    Ashley would be a dream contestant on DWTS, just because of the drama potential.

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    I swear if Tonya Harding is on DWTS I'll never watch it again.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarama View Post
    Ashley would be a dream contestant on DWTS, just because of the drama potential.
    So true. I actually thought that would be in the cards, after another team medal at the Olympics... Now, not sure if her 2014 fame is enough to get her invited on the show?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    So true. I actually thought that would be in the cards, after another team medal at the Olympics... Now, not sure if her 2014 fame is enough to get her invited on the show?
    Though I would LOVE to see Ashley on the show I doubt that they will ask her, given that every other skater that has been on before has won Olympic gold or silver. They might ask Nathan!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9