2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS

Kissx3

Final Flight
That was solid for 2018 Alaine. It's so hard to say whether or not it was enough...so many of these women now have basically the same SP score and any of them could skate lights out.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
She spent enough time setting up that 3Lo right on the music. :biggrin:

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
Alaine! It wasn't perfect, but she didn't let herself crumble after a bad start. It may well be enough.

Of the top girls, Alaine was the only one I was worried for. It's so hard seeing talented skaters not be able to show what they can do under pressure. Too many of the women who started out this quad as potential olympians, Alaine and others internationally, have struggled on or off the ice. After what happened with some of my favourite Russian girls, and Wakaba, and then Ashley and Gracie not being part of the US team, I don't want to see another early quad fav not make it to PC.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aislinn Ganci - AB/NT/NU

Music: Fearsome Flight; Créature De Siam; 11h11 by Cirque du Soleil from "Kurios"

Black sparkly halter dress, pastel flower detail on bodice

3Lo
1F
3S+2T
CCoSp
3T - scratchy, looked <
2A - fall
FCCoSp
ChSq
3S
StSq
2A - fall
LSp

Problems with her axel

FS: 83.75, 136.52, 9/11

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Alaine! It wasn't perfect, but she didn't let herself crumble after a bad start. It may well be enough.

Of the top girls, Alaine was the only one I was worried for. It's so hard seeing talented skaters not be able to show what they can do under pressure. Too many of the women who started out this quad as potential olympians, Alaine and others internationally, have struggled on or off the ice. After what happened with some of my favourite Russian girls, and Wakaba, and then Ashley and Gracie not being part of the US team, I don't want to see another early quad fav not make it to PC.

Alaine is more like Canada's top Ladies for a long time, talented with unrealized potential due to weak nerves. Hopefully, we will continue to have more Joannies, Kaetlyns and Gabbys.

GGFan

Record Breaker
So . . . when is Wakaba's Canadian citizenship ceremony taking place? :biggrin::dev2::slink:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sophie Larouche - QC

Music: Circles (based on Ludovico Einaudi "Experience") by Ludovico Einaudi feat. Greta Svabo Bech

Plum draped dress, silver sparkly underneath

3T+2T
3Lo
3S - fall
2A<< - fall
3T
CCoSp
ChSq
2S
2A+1T
StSq
FCCoSp
FSSp

Shaky skate

FS: 91.22, 144.09, 5/12

GGFan

Record Breaker
I enjoyed Sophie's short more. I think here she ran out of energy. Nice skating skills. I see potential.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
You're better than a 1 microsecond spiral Sophie. But how nice to see her I've on the ice. Nice quality of movement

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Considering that 10th through 3rd are separated by 2.39 points, it's just going to take one clean skate and Alaine could be off the podium. Not sure if team Canada has the same sort of "body of work" thing going on or if Alaine has done enough outside of Nationals to justify taking someone off the team but I'm worried for her. :(