2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS

liv

Record Breaker
Yeah, we are very aware that the majority of our ladies aren't like the ladies in Russia...

Grin

Medalist
Yeah, we are very aware that the majority of our ladies aren't like the ladies in Russia...

More speed and power?
Don't be so strict to frallik. Probably he just watched Anna Sherbakova and then switched to Canadian Nationals )

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Who had the idea to interrupt one event before the last group to put another event in between?

abbykitty

Rinkside
sad to see such beautiful skaters who can't land jumps in competition. anybody want a ticket to the Olympics?? just need to land a few clean jumps...anyone...nooo?? :(

hate to say, but it hurts to see fierce skaters like Wakaba Higuchi, Polina Tsurskaya and Ashley Wagner left off their Olympic Teams after their competitive nationals bloodbaths...yet nobody seems hungry enough for basically a free ticket to the Olympics in Canada.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yes, yes.. Russia has way more depth than we do. You are also 10X bigger population wise so that sort of makes sense.

We have a third spot. I'm not sure when the last time we had a third spot was. It's sort of amazing actually. And I'm pretty sure that whoever we send won't be in last place. I may joke about giving up the third spot but I don't really think we should. This is one ladies opportunity of a lifetime. Lets not be so competitive that we can't appreciate what it will mean to Alaine or Sarah or Larkyn to go. Sometimes just getting to Olympics is the highlight of someone's career. Since I've never been to the Olympics I don't pooh-pooh it.

pearly

Record Breaker
Ok guys, the rules say you can only start discussing Russian vs Canadian skaters AFTER the final group has skated, so set your timers to approximately 1 pm PST.

frallik

Match Penalty

Your sarcasm is misplaced:shocked:. Not many in 10 years can qualified 1 youth categories, believe me:hap85: .

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Honestly I don't understand what's happening. When and where do the last group in ladies skate?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It's early group ladies and then early group dance then later group ladies then final flight dance.

BTW.. Jeff Buttle was saying that the first group ladies were at practice at 5:30 this morning which meant they were probably up at 3:30 am. If anyone gets third out of the lower flights then they certainly have earned it.