2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Senior Ice Dance Free Dance

Saturday, January 13 at 10:10 PST
(Time in other cities)
Airing partially on TSN4/5/2 at 14:00 EST / 11:00 PST

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Golden Skate coverage: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Starting #NameProgram MusicSectionGroup #
1Vanessa Chartrand / Alexander SeidelSD: Samba Pa Ti; Oye Como Va by Santana
FD: Lament performed by Antonio Banderas, Madonna; You Must Love Me performed by Madonna; Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina performed by Tango Extremo; Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina performed by Madonna composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, from "Evita"
QC1
2Ravie Cunningham / Cedar BridgewoodSD: Where Do I Begin (Away Team Mix) by Shirley Bassey; Chiqui Chiqui Boom
FD: Opening Title; Wait; composed by by Stephen Sondheim; Johanna by Jamie Campbell Bower feat. Johnny Depp and Laura Michelle Kelly; A Little Priest by Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, all from "Sweeney Todd"
BC/YK1
3Gina Cipriano / Jake RichardsonSD: Besame Mucho by Patrick Doyle feat. Cesária Évora; Borombon by Camilo Azuquita
FD: Jinsei no Merry-Go-Round; Sasurai no Sofie composed by Joe Hisaichi, from "Howl's Moving Castle"
QC1
4Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre RazgulajevsSamba Vocalizado by Luciano Perrone; Lo So Che Finirà by Anna Tatangelo; Johnny’s Mambo by Michael Lloyd, choreographed by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FD: Selections from "Mary Poppins", choreographed by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
ON1
5Sarah Arnold / Thomas WilliamsSD: Besame Mucho performed by Nana Mouskouri; (Sambando by Claudio Novelli???), choreographed by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
FD: Fall for You by Leela James; If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, choreographed by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
BC/YK1
6Haley Sales / Nikolas WamsteekerRhumba: La Belleza performed by Marta Sanchez; Cha Cha: Cuentame que te paso performed by Pepe & The Bottle Blondes, choreographed by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
FD: Robin and Marian Suite by John Barry; Planting the Fields by Marc Streitenfeld; The Ride to Sherwood/The Ride to Nottingham (from "Robin and Marian" soundtrack) by John Barry, choreographed by Megan Wing, Aaron Lowe
BC/YK2
7Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew PojeBolero: Tango by Dianne Reeves feat. Raul Midon; Mambo: Do You Only Wanna Dance by Lester Mendez, Sy Smith, Arturo O’Farrill performed by Julio Daviel Big Band
FD: Je Suis Malade by Alice Dona, Serge Lama performed by Lara Fabian
ON2
8Carolane Soucisse / Shane FirusSamba: Bailando by Enrique Iglesias; Rhumba: El Perdedor by Enrique Iglesias; Samba: Let Me Be Your Lover by Enrique Iglesias, choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
FD: I Won't Dance by Oscar Hammerstein II performed by Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga; Cheek To Cheek by Irving Berlin performed by Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga; I Won't Dance by Oscar Hammerstein II performed by Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga, choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
QC2
9Piper Gilles / Paul PoirierBossa Nova: Bossa Cubana; Mambo: Gopher Mambo by Yma Sumac, choreographed by Carol and Jon Lane, J. Razguliaevs, R. Bradshaw
FD: James Bond medley
ON2
10Tessa Virtue / Scott MoirSamba: Sympathy for the Devil by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards performed by The Rolling Stones; Rhumba: Hotel California by Don Felders, Don Henley, Glenn Frey performed by Eagles; Cha Cha: Oye Como Va by Tito Puente performed by Santana, choreographed by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
FD: El Tango de Roxanne (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack); Come What May (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), choreographed by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
QC2

synteis

Medalist
I liked their twizzles sequence quite a lot as well as their edges. I have to disagree with the commentators that I don't like that music, especially not for ice dance.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I was about to say something about how **Ravie's**dress is hideous, but now that I know it's Sweeney Todd, I'm really digging it. You don't often see Ice Dancers willing to risk "ugly".

Edit: Whoops, forgot the naming orders. Ravie, not Cedar is the one in the dress.

synteis

Medalist
I really like the music + look and attitude of the program but her edges don't look anywhere near deep enough and in some cases even look unclear :c

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I really liked that! It's a very interesting and out of the box choice for ice dance. They've got some wobbles in there, but I'm always interested to see challenging choices.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hello everyone!

here and ready, forum on the laptop, stream on the phone, that's the conditions I can accept (I know I'm probably pathetic, but this new phone is a real game changer, my mom is a genius!):laugh:

dinner prepared (veg salad with avocado and smoked chicken breasts along with sweet potato chips) and wishing everyone a great time watching and those who will perform - remember, no twizzing to the Arctic Circle!:ghug:

ETA - and there is something very WeaPo like when I see Sarah and Thomas, something in the way they are connect with each other, this way of performing together 'for each other'...just cannot shake that impression

rain

Record Breaker
I liked their twizzles sequence quite a lot as well as their edges. I have to disagree with the commentators that I don't like that music, especially not for ice dance.

I agree on Sweeney Todd. The music comes off a bit bland — at least the cuts they chose — on the ice.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Okay Ted Barton just said something that is not dumb yet no easy to apply : "sometimes you don't know the story (of a movie for example) so how do you get the audience to understand ? Why not do an introduction beforehand ?"

kappa_1

On the Ice
I wish more skaters would skate to the theme for Howl's Moving Castle (or any studio Ghibli for that matter)