2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

all that

Final Flight
They also didn't make more than one mistake in their 2 last seasons. Who does that ?

No one. Not even D/W. THAT is what is most irritating. D/W made plenty of mistakes in their final two seasons. They weren't docked for them. That's not their fault. That's the fault of the judges.

As for whether they could compete and win against P/C now, sure they could, if the judges judged the same way they did when D/W were last competing. But if the judges decided to follow the actual criteria, P/C would wipe the floor with them. To think Charlie's hockey style skating could even be in the same league as Guillaume's effortless glide is delusional at best.

Matt K

On the Ice
At their last international competition Virtue and Moir came second in the short and second and in the freedance. Dean choreographed the winning short and also the winning free in the pairs competition. When it comes to "body of work" they didn't even beat him in their last competition.

Newsflash, T/D stopped competing decades ago. They are not currently, or have ever, competed directly against V/M.

Maybe you can take your argument to a thread titled "Dean vs. Dubreuil".

bramweld

Record Breaker
4CC and EC can't start fast enough. We're passing the time talking smack both good and bad mind you, about D/W a team that will not be performing in a few weeks. A team three quarters of us still don't get. But I guess anything that will help us calm our deadfully frayed nerves. I guess. :eeking:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If everyone is so fractious now imagine what it's going to be like in three weeks. :eek:

It's a shame we can't just let the skaters skate and enjoy the skating for what it is.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Euros start this week guys. Let's be cool and enjoy the skating, we only get to pass this way once. Happy Monday:)

icetigger

On the Ice
Newsflash, T/D stopped competing decades ago. They are not currently, or have ever, competed directly against V/M.

Maybe you can take your argument to a thread titled "Dean vs. Dubreuil".

Actually, the consideration that people are putting out there is that Virtue and Moir qualify for best ever because of "body of work". i consider the choreography put out there by Chris Dean to be part of his body of work. Just as I consider the professional skating to be part of that body of work and the choreography for the duchesnays back in the nineties, or did in recent years for Gilles/Poirier. Also when they did skate, the term"body of work" can more effectively be ascribed to T/D because they were self-choreographing, and they were also artists, which Virtue and Moir are not. What good choreography can do for a couple competitively should not be underestimated.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Virtue and Moir are artists! It's just that Torvill and Dean have like... I don't know, auteur status or something similar.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Tessa & Scott have choreographed their own gala program this season. Self-choreo is part of their repertoire. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, this thread is really for discussing the Free Dance at 2018 Canadians.

We also have a good thread that is a great place for discussing V&M' s choreo changes. Don't miss reading the article btw. There are a lot of good quotes:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...and-Moir-Revamped-Free-Dance&highlight=Virtue

We have a thread for discussing all the teams' chances at the Olympic Games. It is a good place to discuss how V&M compare to P&C, etc.:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?66093-2018-Olympic-Season-Ice-Dance

There is an active V&M Fan fest, which is a great place to praise their achievements:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38656-Tessa-Virtue-amp-Scott-Moir

It is subject to the usual fan fest rules, however
Fan Fest posters should be able to "gush," but not at the expense of another skater or of another skater's fans.

If those threads do not quite fit your posting needs, by all means start a thread in the Edge that does.

But this thread is a Canadian Nationals ice dance thread, and we would prefer that discussion in this thread stay on that topic.

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's the RDS (the French version of TSN) coverage of Virtue's & Moir's free dance, in case some of you might be interested in the French commentary.

FD: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dlqkb

FD kiss & cry: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dlrjk

Although I had filmed these with my camera (which creates 1080p videos) from my friend's TV screen, the quality is fairly good for this type of recording. I don't have a tripod, so I did my best not to move my hands as much as possible.