2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

rain

Record Breaker
Then definitely no medieval costumes... but they skated to bland music, so bland costumes...

I have no idea how anyone could practice daily to that music. They have some good qualities, but this choice of free dance did them a disservice.

liv

Record Breaker
Wasn't the rotational lift where he usually lifts her up from down on the ice and then it goes up and down and up again, a problem?

synteis

Medalist
Oh that was such an amazing program! The gloves with the masks on them... Incredible.

*coughs*

((History major voice: Technically the Carnival of Venice + their costumes are inspired by the early modern period not the medieval period.))

But yes, they have lovely costumes and I know that good medieval costumes could happen, they just haven't. (I'd love to see embroidery, good use of braiding, fabrics that have some more weight + texture.)

Anyhowwww. My own little pet peeve.

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, I underestimated the nationals scoring! I think it's a function of desperately wanting them in second. The scoring of G/P is going to be very interesting.

rain

Record Breaker
It's really clear that Soucisse and Firus, aside from the top three, are the future Canadian champs.