Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: 2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS

Bona Fide Member

6 Not allowed!
    finally caught on pairs and...cannot stop marvelling about Julianne and Charlie, what a performance!

I am so glad they seem to get back to themselves from their 1st senior season - they totally owned the ice and created something I'd call 'magic of the moment'. What impressed me the most was the confidence, attack and no hesitation going into ALL elements, almost like they have done it on autpilot, switching off thinking/analyzing, switching on emotion and feeling. And big YES to getting back their trademark speed and flow!

As for the program, I have to give it to Marie-France that she really has a trick to make those understated, 'je ne sais quoi' type of programs shine at its brightest with right team - I truly found both of them lost and affectionate into the music and the connection between them; their musical sensibility in interpretation is also a gem in that performance, to give out the nuance of this distinct rhythm change during the piece by movement's character is very tough to achieve, yet they've done it seamlessly. This is one of those programs that draw your attention by the sheer flow, continuity, simplicity representing huge amount of sophistication of the pair that elevates the piece altogether: musically, visually, emotion-wise. Julianne's 'OMG, we did it!' smile after 3Loth was a pararell moment to Scott's hands raising during last lift in a victory gesture, simple yet memorable.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    finally caught on pairs and...cannot stop marvelling about Julianne and Charlie, what a performance!

I am so glad they seem to get back to themselves from their 1st senior season - they totally owned the ice and created something I'd call 'magic of the moment'. What impressed me the most was the confidence, attack and no hesitation going into ALL elements, almost like they have done it on autpilot, switching off thinking/analyzing, switching on emotion and feeling. And big YES to geting back their trademark speed and flow!

As for the program, I have to give it to Marie-France that she really has a trick to make those understated, 'je ne sais quoi' type of programs shine at its brightest with right team - I truly found both of them lost and affectionate into the music and the connection between them; their musical sensibility in interpretation is also a gem in that performance, to give out the nuance of this distinct rhythm change during the piece by movement's character is very tough to achieve, yet they've done it seamlessly. This is one of those programs that draw your attention by the sheer flow, continuity, simplicity representing huge amount of sophistication of the pair that elevates the piece altogether: musically, visually, emotion-wise. Julianne's 'OMG, we did it!' smile after 3Loth was a pararell moment to Scott's hands raising during last lift in a victory gesture, simple yet memorable.
    Yes, you've stated it perfectly! I agree.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18