2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS

rain

Record Breaker
Best D/R have skated all season, even with the fall on the quad and her being back on the heal on the twist. Good idea to go back to this program.

S/B were the skate of the night for me, though.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
So so proud of and happy for Julianne and Charlie.:clap: Heartbroken for Lubov and Dylan.:cry: I wished for both teams to go.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford

Music: Hometown Glory by Adele

Dark blue costumes

3Tw - wobbly landing for her
3Lz
4STh - fall
3S+2T+2T
FCCoSp
5RLi
3LzTh
5ALi
ChSq
PCoSp
3Li
BoDs

A fall, but their strongest skate this season

FS: 152.77, 234.55, 1/7

GGFan

Record Breaker
Glad D/R went back to this. Much better and more audience friendly. I'm not sure if the quad is worth the risk. I need either them or J/C to save us from Candyman on the podium :devil:

s_parks

Record Breaker
They should just take out the 4 sal for the olympics. I don't want to see xtina and the yellow polka dots on the olympic podium.
Not even a D/R fan (and rooting for S/H hard to win gold), but it's clear meagan has worked hard on artistry/musicality. And the sbs spins are A+ as usual...

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Great job by Meagan and Eric!! :) They definitely made the right choice in returning to this program, even if they (understandably) looked like they were thinking through it. Everything (save for the throw quad) was so well done.

Even though it was a small pairs field, all of the teams were really impressive. Well done, everyone! :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Duhamel & Radford

A bit wobbly on the landing of the triple twist from Duhamel. Sbs 3Lz, Radford might have a two-foot landing (yep, he did). Just not enough speed on the throw 4S, a fall and might be under-rotated (doesn't look like it on replay). Great comeback with a sbs 3T+2T+2T. Fantastic sbs spins, and a wonderful throw 3Lz. Very powerful lifts for the most part.

Not their best performance of Hometown Glory, with the mistake on the triple twist and the throw quad. I felt that Radford was a little wobbly on the transitions and one lift in particular, but they'll still win based on the levels and GOE of their other elements.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest, my reaction to D/R was... OK.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did S/B.

Another unexpected reaction from me.

Canadian Nats has been surprising for me - not necessarily the results, but my own opinions of the skates.

rain

Record Breaker
Glad D/R went back to this. Much better and more audience friendly. I'm not sure if the quad is worth the risk. I need either them or J/C to save us from Candyman on the podium :devil:

I think they need the quad to contend for medals.

Candyman — don't get me started.

artsciboy

On the Ice
What is going on with Eric's 3z? He's been borderline underrotating/two-footing it all season (post his injury). Is he actually landing them cleanly in practice?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
They should just take out the 4 sal for the olympics. I don't want to see xtina and the yellow polka dots on the olympic podium.
Not even a D/R fan (and rooting for S/H hard to win gold), but it's clear meagan has worked hard on artistry/musicality. And the sbs spins are A+ as usual...

:laugh2:

rain

Record Breaker
What is going on with Eric's 3z? He's been borderline underrotating/two-footing it all season (post his injury). Is he actually landing them cleanly in practice?

I'd be curious to find out the answer to that question as well.

pearly

Record Breaker

I don't think anything will save us from Candyman on the podium. All we can hope for is someone else winning gold.