2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - FS

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Drew & Camille - nice choice of music, program picked up speed at the end and spins were great

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In seniors: Ruest/Wolfe, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Kolodziej/Deschamps, and Duhamel/Radford. So 4/7. He also had at least 3 of the junior teams.

Not to mention all the singles skaters he coaches... and then tons of non Canadian teams and skaters as well, including the North Korean pair team! :yes:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud - ON

Music: Can't Help Falling In Love by Hugo Pereth performed by Ingrid Michaelson

Cream white costumes, pink detailing

BoDs
3Tw - low catch
3T+2T+2T
5SLi
3LoTh
5RLi
2A
3Li
3STh
ChSq
FCCoSp - unison off
PCoSp

Solid skate, they smile

FS: 120.26, 182.87, 1/3

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - Great job by Evelyn and Trennt! :) They seem like a very solid, reliable team. I'm impressed by their elements, given the lack of size difference. Really nice performance!

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very solid skate for Evelin & Trennt, their jumps were solid, lifts great. Need better sync on spins.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I guess this means that Ruest/Wolfe will be off the national team, unless they're given a spot when D/R retire (I think they are, right?).

indigo

Rinkside
I am normally irritated when pairs programs predictably end on a pairs spin, but that from Walsh/Michaud worked for me. Maybe because it was a quiet program (in a good way) and didn’t lose momentum.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I guess this means that Ruest/Wolfe will be off the national team, unless they're given a spot when D/R retire (I think they are, right?).

They'll probably be put on since both D/R and I/M are retiring. Normally it's the top five plus anyone who gets added (like S/B after missing Nats last year), so W/M are the only ones who've guaranteed it with their placement, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both R/W and K/D added given the expected retirements.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness, I am so incredibly nervous for the top four! Two people are going to be very heartbroken tonight. :(

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They'll probably be put on since both D/R and I/M are retiring. Normally it's the top five plus anyone who gets added (like S/B after missing Nats last year), so W/M are the only ones who've guaranteed it with their placement, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both R/W and K/D added given the expected retirements.

Oh yeah, forgot that I/M are also retiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my goodness, I am so incredibly nervous for the top four! Two people are going to be very heartbroken tonight. :(

That's for sure. :(

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Bilodeau is mysterious and he reminds me of a 19th century French circus performer. (Meant as a compliment)