2018 Canadian Olympic, World, 4CC, JrWorld | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Olympic, World, 4CC, JrWorld

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Congrats to the Oly and World team.I feel bad for I and M. And as much as I like Michael I wish Dylan and Kristen had stayed together for this Oly run.

The only controversy is maybe the men though I expect Nam will go to Worlds. It was so so close and body of work over the years favors Nam. Also, I think Nam was undermarked in the short.He really skated well and pc wisewas undermarked.LeStrada is a bit juniorish but I could have seen and would have at least given Nam worlds guaranteed. The significance of a guaranteed world spot is for motivation for training towards that goal. yes, all athletes should train hard all the time but they are human. Nevertheless, what is done is done. Now I and M have to pray D and R somehow win pairs gold and then I bet we will see D and R retire allowing I and M to go to worlds. This could have been Ross Minor all over in pairs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Team Canada! I liked how Canada announced their Team, very classy!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No drama here. I'm definitely gutted for Alaine. It seemed like all season it was hers to lose. But she hasn't been doing well in competitions. Which is really sad tbh. Keegan deserved that 2nd spot. He was bringing it this year. There's going to be more charm on the ice because of his programs. The 3rd spot for pairs is where it gets tricky. MT/M over I/M. While I/M does have more of a body of work, Idk man. But regardless, congrats to the Olympic team!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The coaches introduced as part of the team:
Lee Barkell
Ralph Burkhart
Bruno Marcotte
Nikolai Morozov
Zdenic Pezderic (sp?)
Josee Pickard
Ravi Walia
Juris Razgulajevs
The rest of the coaches were not available.

Per today's Skate Canada press release, the full list of coaches nominated:

Lee Barkell
Ralph Burghart
Marie-France Dubreuil
Oleg Epstein
Richard Gauthier
Patrice Lauzon
Bruno Marcotte
Nikolai Morozov
Zdenek Pazdirek
Josée Picard
Juris Razgulajevs
Ravi Walia

https://skatecanada.ca/2018/01/canadian-figure-skating-team-named-for-pyeongchang-2018/

So ... is Oleg Epstein listed b/c Patrick still works with him (although not Zoueva)??

(Orser is not on the official list, BTW.)

Congratulations to all the skaters.
And extra congratulations to Tessa and Scott for being named co-captains.

Shallow comment:
I wanna cool :cool: Team Canada jacket.
I think Eric's zipper is defective, so I would be content to take his, and Skate Canada [ETA: and/or COC] should give him a new one. :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Per today's Skate Canada press release, the full list of coaches nominated:

Lee Barkell
Ralph Burghart
Marie-France Dubreuil
Oleg Epstein
Richard Gauthier
Patrice Lauzon
Bruno Marcotte
Nikolai Morozov
Zdenek Pazdirek
Josée Picard
Juris Razgulajevs
Ravi Walia

https://skatecanada.ca/2018/01/canadian-figure-skating-team-named-for-pyeongchang-2018/

So ... is Oleg Epstein listed b/c Patrick still works with him??

Patrick has said Epstein would be with him if available.

Orser is not on the official list.

He has no student representing Canada.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Marie-France and Patrice must be on a plane to Europeans. I wish I was on a plane (that plane would even better) to Europeans. Russia is second on my bucket list after France.

rain

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Alaine since she missed it in 2014, too, but she really didn't have much of a case over Larkyn. I'm glad they went with the medallists, although I wish Dylan and Lubov had been medallists.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he'll probably stay home, even if he wins an Olympic medal in singles, which is doubtful.

I don't think there's any chance Chan or Virtue and Moir do worlds.

Gutted for I/M, but I really can't argue with the decision. Also feel bad for Alaine, but she just hasn't skated for it in more than a year.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think there's any chance Chan or Virtue and Moir do worlds.

Gutted for I/M, but I really can't argue with the decision. Also feel bad for Alaine, but she just hasn't skated for it in more than a year.

I would not be surprised if the only Canadian Nat Champ that goes to World's is Osmond. The Olympic Games is a mighty fine place to take your final bows.

Ziotic

Medalist
I would not be surprised if the only Canadian Nat Champ that goes to World's is Osmond. The Olympic Games is a mighty fine place to take your final bows.

I think you mean Gabby, as Kaetlyn is no longer the national champ.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG KEEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you mean Gabby, as Kaetlyn is no longer the national champ.

Thank you for the correction, that was a silly mistake on my part. I think Daleman goes to World's, as well as Osmond.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've been waiting for this from you. Where've you been?

Keegan came over the rainbow, where Canada is.

After US nationals I headed down for 5 days in Disneyland and I just didn't have the energy to get on message boards. I just got home last night! (then there was church today so...) :laugh: