2018 Canadian Olympic, World, 4CC, JrWorld | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Olympic, World, 4CC, JrWorld

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
After US nationals I headed down for 5 days in Disneyland and I just didn't have the energy to get on message boards. I just got home last night! (then there was church today so...) :laugh:

That's why I PM'd you lol. Just in case you were busy or such

markovai

Rinkside
I think Canadian Federation did a much better job than USFSA in naming the Olympic and Worlds team.....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It wouldn't surprise me if only Kaetlyn and Gabby to worlds from our medal threats in Korea. Maybe Meagan and Eric because they did do some promotional work for the Milan worlds. I think Eric would rather stay home to be honest.

I'll be really, really surprise if Patrick or V/M go. If Patrick doesn't go Nam will get to go back to Worlds and S/F will go for dance which will be good for the future of our team.

Scout

Final Flight
Actually, there were two things that surprised me: Alison being first alternate over Olivia for JW and Kim D-L being bypassed entirely for 4CC (did she decline? injured?)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Actually, there were two things that surprised me: Alison being first alternate over Olivia for JW and Kim D-L being bypassed entirely for 4CC (did she decline? injured?)

She doesn't have the technical minimums and there's no time for her to get them before 4CC.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Alison had some strong JGP skates, in addition to her bronze from last season, and may have even been chosen had she managed to medal but her FS meltdown coupled with Aurora's strong FS gave Aurora the edge. Olivia is very obviously coming back up to a competitive level. Ted mentioned in his commentary she deliberately simplified her program to go cleaner. When she's back to 100% she'll be given more preference. Hopefully Aurora does well and gets Canada a healthy number of JGP spots for next season.