Osmond still confident | Golden Skate

Osmond still confident

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Osmond electrified the audience opening with a rock-solid triple flip-triple toe and a double Axel-triple toe combination, but a flawed triple loop and a fall on a triple flip resulted in a total score of 218.73.

More...

“Going in as not the national champion, it’s almost going to give me an extra boost for when I’m there, make up for the mistakes I did here,” Osmond said about the effect of arriving crownless in South Korea.

[url]https://twitter.com/goldenskate/status/951910120534941696[/URL]
https://twitter.com/goldenskate/status/952285525095809024

With a world silver medal under her belt, she still feels confident as she well should!

Last edited:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
"The strongest free skate this year" of hers?
With three errors? That's saying something...

Her first two combos were STUNNING though...

Warwick360

Medalist
I'm still hoping against hope that she returns to her last year's FP. That skate was just on point with everything. Although, to be fair, I did like how she attacked Swan Lake more than how she has in the past. But I still don't see it working well for her. To be honest, I don't think Swan Lake (or the black swan persona of it) works for any of the ladies this year. Looks less like Illynikh and more like Kovtun, the lot of them.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I don't like her programs, but I fully understand the appeal of her SP. It fits her and she skates it with confidence and character.

I just can't wrap my mind around why they would ever choose Swan Lake for her, it just doesn't seem to fit her personality or her skating. That said, I think she's still a medal contender at the OG, even without being national champion. I can't see her winning OGM, but she could definitely grab the bronze.

Grin

Medalist
Still confident. And we are still waiting her to skate back to back two clean programs.

blargmonster

Rinkside
maybe she'll pull a Yuna and pull a back to back clean program at the olympics and win? It would be an interesting parallel with someone from canada winning in korea

kenboy123

On the Ice
She should be actually, that was a very uncharacteristic fall for in her short program...i don't ever expect to see it again, at her best...her short program usually scores second just under Medvedeva...and this is probably the cleanest long program she has done this season, at least the first half was great...that's more than you can say all season...again, Osmond's season so far has pretty much mirrored last season...

russianfan

Match Penalty
Well, they gave her 147 for that free skate, so ....;)

Well, at RN judges gave 155 to Alina, but that still doesn't mean it was her "strongest free skate this year", as well as it wasn't in Osmond's case :)

Sometimes i think Kaetlyn should be more critical towards herself if she wants to go higher...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She should be actually, that was a very uncharacteristic fall for in her short program...i don't ever expect to see it again, at her best...her short program usually scores second just under Medvedeva...and this is probably the cleanest long program she has done this season, at least the first half was great...that's more than you can say all season...again, Osmond's season so far has pretty much mirrored last season...

Well, last season had a wonderful finale. Keep on keepin’ on the mirroring, I say. :yes:

tars

Record Breaker
How wouldn't she be confident? :biggrin:

She got 147 with three mistakes, which basically means Russian girls are already shaking in their boots... :dev3:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, at RN judges gave 155 to Alina, but that still doesn't mean it was her "strongest free skate this year", as well as it wasn't in Osmond's case :)

Sometimes i think Kaetlyn should be more critical towards herself if she wants to go higher...

Being self critical does not help one go higher. Being confident does.

Keep that confidence, Kaetlyn. It is critical.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I think it's important that her confidence is based on her training. She had been landing everything at home. Given how she was looking in the first half of the free I believe her. Complain as we might she only needs to go clean at the Olympics and if her training is strong she's on the right path

mrrice

Record Breaker
Most of you know that I have loved kaetlyn for years. I trust her as much as I trust Patrick. I love all things Russia but......I'd love to see Canada take the team medal this year....

Kaetlyn has every reason to feel confident. But, as far as her LP is concerned, she still must find a way to translate that confidence into a second-half performance that is as commanding as the first half.

Weathergal

Medalist
I don't like her programs, but I fully understand the appeal of her SP. It fits her and she skates it with confidence and character.

I just can't wrap my mind around why they would ever choose Swan Lake for her, it just doesn't seem to fit her personality or her skating. That said, I think she's still a medal contender at the OG, even without being national champion. I can't see her winning OGM, but she could definitely grab the bronze.

Kaetlyn said that "Swan Lake" was her choice and that it is something she's always wanted to skate to.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn has every reason to feel confident. But, as far as her LP is concerned, she still must find a way to translate that confidence into a second-half performance that is as commanding as the first half.

Yes, Kaitlyn needs to boost that confidence for the second half. :biggrin:

She needs to break that pattern and habit so she wouldn't be anticipating a failed jump at the same part of the program. I say let her do lots of run-throughs of the second half to build a pattern of successful jumps to break the pattern and boost her confidence. Then put the program back together with a new mindset.

Yes, more confidence. :yes2:

waterblades

On the Ice
Remember she is the Black Swan who is an witch. She isn't suppose to be the swan princess. I really like this program as it is so different from the typical swan lakes we normally see.

Also Kaetlyn always peaks late in the season so don't write her off yet! She's going to be great next month!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I would honestly love to see Kaetlyn skate to the 2002 Chicago OST for a free program. Yeah yeah, I know it’s a warhorse in its own right, but Kaetlyn really excels at bringing out her personality when she skates to Fosse show tunes, they match her sublime performance skills to a tee. Her Sweet Charity/Big Spender/Rich Man’s Frug SP from four years ago was my everything. :love:

As much as I really enjoy Mariah Bell’s short program, I think Kaetlyn could take “Roxie” to a whole new level and knock it out of the park.

I’d also love for her to skate to the Come From Away OST, mainly to pay homage to her Newfie roots. For those of you unfamiliar with this musical, it’s based on the true story of how on 9/11, 38 planes carrying nearly 7000 passengers were diverted to the airport in Gander, Newfoundland, population: 10,000. The small town took these people in with open arms for about a week until the flying restrictions ended.

Side note: Mariah’s program is one of Yuzurudaughter’s favourites this year. She’s been begging me to see the movie. Sorry kid, you’re a bit young at this point. ;)