Diana Nikitina | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Diana Nikitina

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
It seems that it was Angelina who received the Latvian FS Fed support for new season... Wonder what does that mean for Diana's training opportunities...

She's not been in Champery since late June/early July, and she's not listed for any Challengers afaik. :( However, the other day Diana posted an instagram story of the filming of something with Sporta Studija, at a rink. So I hope we will get some news on her situation soon.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
She also ran a couple of IG stories congratulating Camden and Koshro this weekend, as a good teammate would do. That also hints that she is still with them.

AgnesR

On the Ice
It’s a pity if Diana falls out of the team. :(

At the beginning of the previous season, she seemed a bit clumsy, but gradually Stephane was perfecting her and I began to like her. It is a shame that the judges in the Olympics were so strict about her and she couldn't show the her LP. I was watching the performance together with a pro and she was surprised. Judges should be strict but to all equally.

In the Latvian championship her performance was very beautiful, emotional and lovely (perhaps it does not seem so good in the recording) but sure Stephane would have brushed up every detail till the world championship. It would also show Stephane's coaching skills.

Couldn't find anything in Latvian mass media.

But I watched the recording once more and I still like it.
https://replay.lsm.lv/lv/ieraksts/l...sana-2-diena-izveles-programma-diana-nikitina

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Diana updated her instagram! And her twitter!
She has a new Instagram account, https://instagram.com/diana_n_skating_life_09 where she will post about livestreaming competitions and about her own training.
However the most important thing is this: she was asked by a fan if she was going to continue training with Stephane, and if she was going back to Champery soon, and she said yes! :yahoo: I was worried that her training might have been affected by the financial issues she mentioned before, but this is a very good sign. She didn't specify when she is going back, but I look forward to seeing her in Team Champery group photos again. :)

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Diana Nikitina just told in her livevideo on instagram that she has her new Short to
„Rumour has it“ from Adele 👍👍😍
As her free she will reuse last years.

She‘s unfortunately injured right now but wanted to come back for Latvian nationals.

Maybe you can rewatch the video on her new instagram page that lavenderblossom posted above 😊

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
Looking forward to seeing her new SP! I hope she heals well and can be pleased with her performances. I might have missed it, but did she mention when she got hurt?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Looking forward to seeing her new SP! I hope she heals well and can be pleased with her performances. I might have missed it, but did she mention when she got hurt?

I listened all the way through and it sounded like it might have been related to the leg injury she had before. She went back at the beginning of July, so I guess then. I want to ask for more details, because if she cannot train then it must be quite serious :( but she seems to be in good spirits.
So far she's been posting about all the competitions going on this weekend, and she said she wants to help make figure skating more popular with her blog which is very sweet :) I hope she posts a pic with her all her cats.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope Diana heals quickly and can compete this season and get the minimum scores for the big championships.

I think her new SP sounds very promising. I hope she has an epic costume again to rival her Olympic one that made headlines :biggrin:

I also watched her first live stream and, if I'm not mistaken, she said that Stephane is like family and is very hard-working. I just love their whole team and want all of them to succeed :) She's planning to do another live stream tomorrow at 6 pm Latvian time.