2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships

livetoskate

On the Ice
I'll be there from Fri. afternoon thru Sunday night, staying at Aloft. If anyone wants to share a ride from the airport on Fri. around 3pm, or to the airport on Sunday around 6pm, please send me a private message! I will most likely be wearing my purple "Ro-warmer" fleece scarf so if you see me, say hi! It was a scarf, emblazoned with Rohene's signature, that was a fundraising effort to support Rohene Ward over a dozen years ago.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will be there the 23rd through the 28th, staying at Holiday Inn and Suites Southfield. If ANYONE wants to share a ride, I have someone's Aunt Betty who is offering rides for 5-6 people for $20 total. Or she will just take me for $15. If there are several people who want to ride, we could get there very cheaply.

macy

Record Breaker
as excited as i am to be ice monitoring for senior ladies i have to admit i'm really bummed i won't have the chance to be up close to so many big names...Mirai, Gracie, Ashley, Karen, Angela :(

it really is a watered down field this year, but it's going to be a really cool experience nonetheless.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I have to go to this event alone. ☹️ I’ve never been to Little Caesars Arena. What entrance do I use to get to the ice area?

Weathergal

Medalist
as excited as i am to be ice monitoring for senior ladies i have to admit i'm really bummed i won't have the chance to be up close to so many big names...Mirai, Gracie, Ashley, Karen, Angela :(

it really is a watered down field this year, but it's going to be a really cool experience nonetheless.

Who knows? You might get to meet a future star, and then you'll be able to look back on the time you met so-and-so beforw he / she made it big!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The US has to move on from skaters that were competing at Nationals a decade ago. Japan and Russia are killing it because they have been looking to the future and not relying on skaters competing way back in 2008.

b-man

Final Flight
Detroit weather forecast, snow showers Wed the 23rd, and Thursday and Friday. Sunday a high of 15 degrees.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Detroit weather forecast, snow showers Wed the 23rd, and Thursday and Friday. Sunday a high of 15 degrees.

I just reminded myself that you Americans mean Fahrenheit, and that is very very cold, I'm just going to go make sure I packed those thermals.

livetoskate

On the Ice
I have to go to this event alone. ☹️ I’ve never been to Little Caesars Arena. What entrance do I use to get to the ice area?

According to the concourse map here, it looks like there are 4 different entrances on different street. Don't worry about going alone! I'm actually looking forward to traveling alone and focusing on skating. Sometimes watching skating with friends/family who aren't big skating fans is annoying. Have a good time!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was reading in another thread where celebrity skaters have showed up unannounced to sign books and autograph and etc (Uncle Dick, Brian Boitano). Anyone interested in starting some sort of text circle or FB messaging where we can tell each other if we see something exciting going on?

Also still looking for people to share rides with from the Holiday Inn and Suites in Southfield or other hotels in Southfield? I have a ride who is cheaper than Uber.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can we do a roll call of whom will be attending US Nationals? It would be great to meet up with many of you! :ghug:

My first volunteer shift is on Monday.
On Sunday evening, will pick up my credential at the Westin Book Cadillac.
Any chance you will be in town yet, iluvtodd?

... Anyone interested in starting some sort of text circle or FB messaging where we can tell each other if we see something exciting going on? ...

The Slack app is what GS members have used at previous competitions for this kind of thing.
The resourceful Mrs. P :thank: originally did the set-up for GS members, and she was the one who issued the "invitations" (to anyone interested).

… Also still looking for people to share rides with from the Holiday Inn and Suites in Southfield or other hotels in Southfield? I have a ride who is cheaper than Uber.

Sorry, I am staying near-ish to Little Caesars. The QLINE will be my friend.

Ruffles78

On the Ice
Hey guys, my finances are tight and I could only get off work on that Monday, so I'm trying to sell my tickets. It's an all session pass (practices, juniors, seniors, and gala) Front row seat right over the cameraman. I sat in the same spot last year and it was amazing. I'd like $250 for them, but I'm willing to haggle.

I'd prefer to be emailed if anyone is interested. [email protected]

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hey guys, my finances are tight and I could only get off work on that Monday, so I'm trying to sell my tickets. It's an all session pass (practices, juniors, seniors, and gala) Front row seat right over the cameraman. I sat in the same spot last year and it was amazing. I'd like $250 for them, but I'm willing to haggle.

I'd prefer to be emailed if anyone is interested. [email protected]

Thanks, I have sent you an e-mail.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is already the Official Event Program with competitor bios for download out?

I would like to see it, if anyone has a link.

The USFS fanzone Competition Central page for Nats has been posted:

As usual, it is one-stop shopping for many links of interest (schedules, practice groups, results, etc.).

Including the Official Event Program: http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=557773&pre=1#{"issue_id":557773,"page":0}

For those interested in Skate Radio:

Its hyperlink on the Competition Central page directs to the USFS fan zone "video corner" page. Scroll down to see four listings for Skate Radio:

Jan 24 / 4:20 PM / Figure Skating
Skate Radio - Championship Competition Day 1
AUDIO ONLY https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Live=105

Jan 25 / 3:45 PM / Figure Skating
Skate Radio - Championship Competition Day 2
AUDIO ONLY https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Live=106

Jan 26 / 9:25 AM / Figure Skating
Skate Radio - Championship Competition Day 3
AUDIO ONLY https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Live=107

Jan 27 / 2:00 PM / Figure Skating
Skate Radio - Championship Competition Day 4
AUDIO ONLY https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Live=108

Among other things, the Competition Central page also includes a schedule for Team USA Autograph Sessions:

Thursday-Sunday, Jan. 24-27 | Various Times | Little Caesars Arena
Meet members of Team USA on the concourse at Portal 19 between sections 124 and 125 at Little Caesars Arena on the following days and times:
Friday, Jan. 25 | 2:45-3:15 p.m. | Pairs (top 4 after short program)
Saturday, Jan. 26 | 5:30-6:15 p.m. | Ladies medalists and men (top 4 after short program)
Sunday, Jan. 27 | 1:15-2 p.m. | Ice dance medalists​

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone interested in a ticket to the ladies' short? I don't need it anymore as my pass to the suite gets me in the arena.

mindatwork

Rinkside
Hey everyone! Even though I've been a long-time skating fan, this is my first time seeing U.S. Nat's in person, and I have a question I wonder if anyone knows the answer to - is there (or what is) the protocol for hanging banners in the arena? I know it might vary from venue to venue, but if anyone had any information I'd be super grateful!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey everyone! Even though I've been a long-time skating fan, this is my first time seeing U.S. Nat's in person, and I have a question I wonder if anyone knows the answer to - is there (or what is) the protocol for hanging banners in the arena? I know it might vary from venue to venue, but if anyone had any information I'd be super grateful!

You might want to contact US Figure Skating and Little Caesars Arena directly regarding this. It varies with arena.