2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am hosting a lunch at Nationals to benefit Alysa Liu. Please see her Fan Fest for more info. Thanks, Sam

I won't be at nationals this year, but good luck with the fundraising. Is there a GoFundMe for Alysa for those who want to help but can't attend?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
No GoFundMe. However, I will private message you info on how to make a tax deductible contribution.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Moving on to skating = has anyone heard or scene what's up with Gracie Gold? Am I the only one in the dark. I find it hard someone hasn't been watching her practices. Unless you are super rich surely someone has seen her practicsing. I really would be disappointed in her if she skates only the short and then pulls out.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Moving on to skating = has anyone heard or scene what's up with Gracie Gold? Am I the only one in the dark. I find it hard someone hasn't been watching her practices. Unless you are super rich surely someone has seen her practicsing. I really would be disappointed in her if she skates only the short and then pulls out.

Perhaps people at her rink are simply respectful of her privacy.

bobbob

Medalist

I have yet to see her land a clean, non-UR triple jump or double axel (though she did do a double axel on a harness before Rostelecom).

There have been several posters who claim to have seen her do triples and even triple-triples easily, but they all seem to disappear when asked to provide a source. If anyone has footage, please share.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I have yet to see her land a clean, non-UR triple jump or double axel (though she did do a double axel on a harness before Rostelecom).

There have been several posters who claim to have seen her do triples and even triple-triples easily, but they all seem to disappear when asked to provide a source. If anyone has footage, please share.

Well wait, are you at her rink, or what? Because if you’re not watching her train every day, your comment doesn’t mean much.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yall would not believe how excited I am getting. I found some stars & stripes themed nails for the occasion. Now I have a Team USA baseball cap, or I could get a flag for signatures, which way should I go?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, also I posted on another forum and a friend of a friend's mother is giving rides to the venue for less than Uber, if anyone is interested. You'll have to pm me because I don't want to put her number on a public forum.

ruthamc

Spectator
Can anyone please share a link to a list of competitors at the upcoming U S. National Championships? Thank you.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Well wait, are you at her rink, or what? Because if you’re not watching her train every day, your comment doesn’t mean much.

Her practices/warm-ups/performance from Rostelecom are on YouTube. That's really all we have to go on, and I didn't see any fully-rotated triples (or 2A) in any of those videos. If she's not doing triples it's fine, but I don't see the point of arguing about whether she has her jumps back when there isn't any evidence that she does. She may indeed be doing the triples and 3/3 easily now, but there isn't any footage I've seen to suggest that is the case.

Amei

Record Breaker
Yall would not believe how excited I am getting. I found some stars & stripes themed nails for the occasion. Now I have a Team USA baseball cap, or I could get a flag for signatures, which way should I go?

Personally I'd go with the hat, never been a fan of having someone sign a flag.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Her practices/warm-ups/performance from Rostelecom are on YouTube. That's really all we have to go on, and I didn't see any fully-rotated triples (or 2A) in any of those videos. If she's not doing triples it's fine, but I don't see the point of arguing about whether she has her jumps back when there isn't any evidence that she does. She may indeed be doing the triples and 3/3 easily now, but there isn't any footage I've seen to suggest that is the case.

The poster I was responding to made it sound like he’d been watching her practice regularly and that she still couldn’t do a 2A or whatever, but didn’t clarify when I asked.

I have no idea how much progress she can realistically make in the two months between Rostelecom and Nats, but I wish her the best.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

That is awesome if she is doing triple triples easily! A little concerning though if she went to RUssia and wasn't able to do a clean 2A.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Yes, because no-one ever skates poorly in practice, or succumbs to nerves on competition day.