A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Will USFSA be responsible for selling tickets. How can we find out when tickets will be on sale.

I hope the information comes out sooner rather than later. This is not a simple cross-country trip for some of us.

FWIW, if anyone cares to look back at the ancient USFS announcement re tickets for 2012 Four Continents -- back then in Colorado Springs:

2012 all-event tix went on sale at the end of Nov 2011.

Single-session tix about three weeks later.

The 2012 ticket prices are at the link below.

https://www.teamusa.org/Media/News/...-Four-Continents-Figure-Skating-Championships

*Disclaimer*:
Of course, I have no idea whether anything for 2019 and Anaheim will be similar to 2012 and Colorado Springs.​

... I am thinking of camping out on the Honda arena website and look for anything they have like signing up for alerts. ...

Thx as always for keeping us posted, Chris.

If anyone needs it, the link to sign up for Honda Center e-mails:

Someone needs to update the Wikipedia page! It’s still showing Colorado Springs. ...

Off topic, but a good example of why to take stuff on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. ;)

Deepbluetree

Spectator
Oh I really really really want to go! I used to live down by Laguna Beach, but now I'm back in Norway so I hope the info gets out quick. This trip will require some planning! Hopefully I'll be able to get some cheap tickets on a US sale coming up soon, but I like to know a bit more before I pour out what's left of my student budget. I am planning this to be my first live figure skating event, not counting the Youth Olympics events in Lillehammer a couple of years back so if anyone has any good tips as to how to get tickets for this or other inside tips I would be so grateful!

This might be a stupid question coming from someone who hasn't actively followed this sport for very long, but will the top world contenders come to the 4CC?? I have noticed that a lot of the top skaters pick some events and drops others so I was wondering if there is any way to predict who will be at the 4CC (I mean I know the skaters from Europe won't be there, but the other ones)?

SOOO grateful for this forum!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Oh I really really really want to go! I used to live down by Laguna Beach, but now I'm back in Norway so I hope the info gets out quick. This trip will require some planning! Hopefully I'll be able to get some cheap tickets on a US sale coming up soon, but I like to know a bit more before I pour out what's left of my student budget. I am planning this to be my first live figure skating event, not counting the Youth Olympics events in Lillehammer a couple of years back so if anyone has any good tips as to how to get tickets for this or other inside tips I would be so grateful!

This might be a stupid question coming from someone who hasn't actively followed this sport for very long, but will the top world contenders come to the 4CC?? I have noticed that a lot of the top skaters pick some events and drops others so I was wondering if there is any way to predict who will be at the 4CC (I mean I know the skaters from Europe won't be there, but the other ones)?

SOOO grateful for this forum!

Hallo!! From Oslo myself but now live in San Francisco. I'll be trekking down to Anaheim for 4CCs next year for sure!

As for your skater attendance question, almost all the Asian skaters go to 4CCs except for when injuries are involved. I imagine the entire Japanese contingent will go, even Hanyu since it's in North America. The top Chinese skaters and pairs always go except for when Sui is injured. All the Koreans will most likely go. The Canadians always take it seriously so they should be there. The Aussies usually send out everyone who has the TES minimums. The huge question mark always comes down to the Americans and whether they go. Since it's in the US, I can't imagine any top skaters skipping out if they're not injured. It'll be worth the travel to see the Japanese skaters and Chinese pairs alone; ice dance will be good with the US and Canada there... top teams never skip out on 4CCs if it's not an Olympic year. Canadian pairs will also be good. I imagine the competition will be very good!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I’m in norcal and super excited to go! Wondering if there is the possibility of Nathan competing there :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thx as always for keeping us posted, Chris.

If anyone needs it, the link to sign up for Honda Center e-mails:

Off topic, but a good example of why to take stuff on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. ;)

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! I LOVE Wiki! Where else can you find out about the P&W J58 engine?????????????????
Nothing from the USFS. In five weeks, I will be off the grid....I am sure that is when the tickets will be announced... :(

Izabela

On the Ice
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! I thought it's in Colorado Spring. This is a great news for me! Will definitely check when the tickets are available. :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hmmm … this link to sign up for updates re 2019 Four Continents seems to work??

Disclaimer: AFAIK, USFS has not publicized the link yet. Seems to me that it would not hurt to fill out the form?
But I suppose there is a risk that one's e-mail address might go into a black hole if it is too early to submit the form?

Introductory text:

2019 ISU Four Continents comes to the Honda Center in Anaheim for the first time!
2019 Four Continents will feature over 100 athletes from around the world as they compete in the disciplines of ladies, men's, pairs, and ice dance. The competition will take place at the Honda Center in Anahaim, California from February 5-10, 2019 and is hosted by U.S. Figure Skating.

To receive updates about event information and tickets offers and updates, please accurately fill out the form below and we will connect you with all of the latest information.

Part of the form:

Please select the items below that you are interested in learning more about *
  • Athlete News & Updates
  • Hotel Information - Where to Stay
  • Friends of Figure Skating
  • Special Events (at the competition)
  • Things to do in Anaheim
  • Ticket Information
  • Volunteer Opportunities

GF2445

Record Breaker
Honda Centre in Anahei,- it looks like a really large arena. Will they be able to fill the seats?

temadd

Final Flight
Honda Centre in Anahei,- it looks like a really large arena. Will they be able to fill the seats?

They did pretty well filling seats there with Stars on Ice (although some of the top sections on the sides were blocked off). When you add people coming from outside the US it should not be a problem. Especially with it being on the west coast I imagine there will be a lot of the uber Japanese fans there.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Yes, a lot of Japanese fans should be attending. And if Yuzu is competing - I would imagine that that the arena will be quite full.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The official website https://www.2019fourcontinents.com/ is up and running.

Schedule of Events
* Schedule is tentative and subject to change. Start times TBA.

Tuesday, February 5 & Wednesday, February 6
OFFICIAL PRACTICE​

Thursday, February 7
Ladies Short Program - Early afternoon
Opening Ceremony - Early evening
Men's Short Program - Evening​

Friday, February 8
Pairs Short Program - Morning
Short Dance - Afternoon
Ladies Free Skate - Evening​

Saturday, February 9
Pairs Free Skate - Afternoon
Men's Free Skate - Evening​

Sunday, February 10
Free Dance - Afternoon
Exhibition Gala - Evening​

No on-sale date for tickets. Just the page to sign up for updates.

I do not see anything yet re hotels.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
EEEEEEEEEE A WEBSITE.

*signs up quickly for ticket updates*

Also, Holy Friday, that's going to be a long haul.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At the Anaehim SOI show there were flyers advertising the 4CC ticket sale dates as May 30 and 31.

Eeek! That's not a lot of time or notice! *gathers pennies*

Thanks for the info :). wondering if anyone knows how much all-event tickets would cost?

Probably no info yet. I'm budgeting around $400-$500. Theoretically it could be cheaper, especially given the low cost of 4CC tickets in prior years; but it's still an ISU Championship and it is in the US, so I'm thinking it probably won't be much cheaper than Boston Worlds, in reality.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
Eeek! That's not a lot of time or notice! *gathers pennies*

Probably no info yet. I'm budgeting around $400-$500. Theoretically it could be cheaper, especially given the low cost of 4CC tickets in prior years; but it's still an ISU Championship and it is in the US, so I'm thinking it probably won't be much cheaper than Boston Worlds, in reality.

4CC in Colorado Springs was $170 and I had a first row seat. I'm thinking it will be in the same neighborhood as Skate America tickets - the $200-$250 range. Worlds is a totally different animal.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
4CC in Colorado Springs was $170 and I had a first row seat. I'm thinking it will be in the same neighborhood as Skate America tickets - the $200-$250 range. Worlds is a totally different animal.

That would make me very excited and happy and also induce me to buy an all-event Nationals ticket instead of waiting to see how much Championship Weekend tickets are.