A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 8 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, Vancouver in December is not exactly peak tourist season. Which is partially why I'm torn between enjoying Sunny SoCal but more economical trip going to Rainy Vancouver from my little Washington state city.

Pocaguri

Rinkside
Thanks for the info, I did look around the internet to check how’s weather in Vancouver during December. I just hope it’s not that bad cause I’ll be walking to/from my accommodation and arena. one of the event day ends as late as 9:30pm. Yikes.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm hoping the reason that hotel across from the rink is not available is because USFS block-booked it to offer special rates for attendees.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info, I did look around the internet to check how’s weather in Vancouver during December. I just hope it’s not that bad cause I’ll be walking to/from my accommodation and arena. one of the event day ends as late as 9:30pm. Yikes.

An umbrella is really useful. They had a bucket full of them in the lobby of our accommodation, and that really helped. You can check and see if they will be provided; if not, bring one! We walked a lot (we stayed near the arena, but walked up to the fast-food area and down to the supermarket/mall daily). We got wet when we tried to share and umbrella; it was much easier when we each took one. I didn't take one to the arena because I didn't want to deal with it all day; a folding one might be a good accessory for your trip!

SkateSand

Rinkside
I'm hoping the reason that hotel across from the rink is not available is because USFS block-booked it to offer special rates for attendees.

I don't think that's the reason. I think it's because the minute the change to Anaheim was announced, people who knew that hotel was just across the street from the venue booked it (exactly like I did). After all, if they didn't go, they could cancel their reservation at any time before the event. And that might be something to hope for - that a lot of people that booked it don't end up going because the ticket prices are higher than they thought they might be, or for any other reason. Maybe they have a waiting list? Worth looking into...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I like the way you think! But I suspect that SkateSand is correct. Just as soon as another member of this forum, a friend of mine, and I heard the word "Anaheim" we booked our rooms, which they allowed us to do way out. This is SOP (standard operating proceduce) for us event goers. Its like the Inexpensive Arena Hotel in San Jose next to the Fresh Market and Arena and with the all you can eat bacon breakfast. Just as soon as we heard the words, "San Jose" we were all on the phone.
You can always cancel. Not so with Official hotels in Boston....
Same thing with SA Everett. We hear the name Everett, get on google maps, find the Arena, find the hotels, find the food, and book.

Cant wait to hear the word "Vegas" for Nats 2020!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is this a possibility???

As much as a rookie expansion team making the Stanley Cup finals. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, there are now some decent options if you want to hold Nationals there. But man are they trying to get me broke? I will not be able to resist that AND Worlds 2020 in Montreal.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've managed to book myself a hotel room close to Disneyland, so hopefully it won't be too tricky to get to the arena from there. It's about 4km away. And free cancellation/no prepayment so if the closer hotel opens up I can still snatch a room.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I saw someone ask this question on USFS twitter - but they didn’t respond

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Any info/guesses on when the individual event tix go on sale?

My guess will be not for a while, and after the US Nats individual event tix go on sale, so probably September/October.

mkice9

Spectator
There was a US Figure Skating email promoting the all-event ticket sale that said, "Single-session event tickets will be available in late-fall 2018."

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I don't get any reaction when I click on the Place Order logo. I couldn't purchase at home either. I think the skating gods are saying don't pay for these overpriced tickets.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't get any reaction when I click on the Place Order logo. I couldn't purchase at home either. I think the skating gods are saying don't pay for these overpriced tickets.

Really? I didn't have any problems :no:

VegMom

On the Ice
I've managed to book myself a hotel room close to Disneyland, so hopefully it won't be too tricky to get to the arena from there. It's about 4km away. And free cancellation/no prepayment so if the closer hotel opens up I can still snatch a room.

I booked a room near Disneyland for Stars on Ice (which was held at the Honda Center) and it was fine. I took a Lyft to and from the show. I booked the same place this time. We enjoyed our stay and I can forseee wanting to spend some time at Disneyland too.

There aren't many hotels right near the Honda Center. They are clustered closer to Disneyland and the Convention Center. But there are plenty of busses and taxi type options, plus it's really not that far to walk. It's only if you're wearing very nice clothes or if the weather isn't nice that it's an issue. And there's so much more near Disneyland as far as dining and shopping go - so for all the stuff you want to do when you're not watching the competition, you will be happy you booked near Disneyland instead of that one hotel across the street from the Honda Center. There's only like one restaurant there and nothing else to do at all.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
As much as a rookie expansion team making the Stanley Cup finals. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, there are now some decent options if you want to hold Nationals there. But man are they trying to get me broke? I will not be able to resist that AND Worlds 2020 in Montreal.

I have said this before but its worth repeating. At Nats Omaha, I was talking with coaches Yasa Netcheva and Yuri Chesnichenko in the concourse and they introduced me to a judge. There was talk at that time
of a new arena going up in Vegas and there were USFS hopes that they would put in for nats. or ? as it was felt that having a multi faceted destination might just bring in all sorts of fans and their spouses, from here and abroad. With a plethora of
cheep flights, hotels, eateries, and transportation, plus the warm weather, I would sign up for that at once. I might even attend some skating!

Pipe dream: How about if Vegas offered packages for Nats? Flights, hotels, good seats, transportation etc.? Take the work out of it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I booked a room near Disneyland for Stars on Ice (which was held at the Honda Center) and it was fine. I took a Lyft to and from the show. I booked the same place this time. We enjoyed our stay and I can forseee wanting to spend some time at Disneyland too.

There aren't many hotels right near the Honda Center. They are clustered closer to Disneyland and the Convention Center. But there are plenty of busses and taxi type options, plus it's really not that far to walk. It's only if you're wearing very nice clothes or if the weather isn't nice that it's an issue. And there's so much more near Disneyland as far as dining and shopping go - so for all the stuff you want to do when you're not watching the competition, you will be happy you booked near Disneyland instead of that one hotel across the street from the Honda Center. There's only like one restaurant there and nothing else to do at all.

I beg to differ! JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery, Nobel Ale works, Hooters (I think its an owl theme eatery) , and a short walk across the river are five other places, including "Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery". I am all over this....:agree: