Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: A little Four Conts 2019 info

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperbunny View Post
    Any info/guesses on when the individual event tix go on sale?
    I have the same question and appreciate any info

0 Not allowed!
    I saw someone ask this question on USFS twitter - but they didn’t respond

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperbunny View Post
    Any info/guesses on when the individual event tix go on sale?
    My guess will be not for a while, and after the US Nats individual event tix go on sale, so probably September/October.

Spectator

2 Not allowed!
    There was a US Figure Skating email promoting the all-event ticket sale that said, "Single-session event tickets will be available in late-fall 2018."

0 Not allowed!
    I don't get any reaction when I click on the Place Order logo. I couldn't purchase at home either. I think the skating gods are saying don't pay for these overpriced tickets.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by asiacheetah View Post
    I don't get any reaction when I click on the Place Order logo. I couldn't purchase at home either. I think the skating gods are saying don't pay for these overpriced tickets.
    Really? I didn't have any problems

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Really? I didn't have any problems
    Work computer probably have some sort of added security. I thought maybe my pop up blocker was stopping it, but guess not. Ticketmaster don't want my money, fine by me.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I've managed to book myself a hotel room close to Disneyland, so hopefully it won't be too tricky to get to the arena from there. It's about 4km away. And free cancellation/no prepayment so if the closer hotel opens up I can still snatch a room.
    I booked a room near Disneyland for Stars on Ice (which was held at the Honda Center) and it was fine. I took a Lyft to and from the show. I booked the same place this time. We enjoyed our stay and I can forseee wanting to spend some time at Disneyland too.

There aren't many hotels right near the Honda Center. They are clustered closer to Disneyland and the Convention Center. But there are plenty of busses and taxi type options, plus it's really not that far to walk. It's only if you're wearing very nice clothes or if the weather isn't nice that it's an issue. And there's so much more near Disneyland as far as dining and shopping go - so for all the stuff you want to do when you're not watching the competition, you will be happy you booked near Disneyland instead of that one hotel across the street from the Honda Center. There's only like one restaurant there and nothing else to do at all.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    As much as a rookie expansion team making the Stanley Cup finals.

In all seriousness, there are now some decent options if you want to hold Nationals there. But man are they trying to get me broke? I will not be able to resist that AND Worlds 2020 in Montreal.
    I have said this before but its worth repeating. At Nats Omaha, I was talking with coaches Yasa Netcheva and Yuri Chesnichenko in the concourse and they introduced me to a judge. There was talk at that time
    of a new arena going up in Vegas and there were USFS hopes that they would put in for nats. or ? as it was felt that having a multi faceted destination might just bring in all sorts of fans and their spouses, from here and abroad. With a plethora of
    cheep flights, hotels, eateries, and transportation, plus the warm weather, I would sign up for that at once. I might even attend some skating!

Pipe dream: How about if Vegas offered packages for Nats? Flights, hotels, good seats, transportation etc.? Take the work out of it.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VegMom View Post
    I booked a room near Disneyland for Stars on Ice (which was held at the Honda Center) and it was fine. I took a Lyft to and from the show. I booked the same place this time. We enjoyed our stay and I can forseee wanting to spend some time at Disneyland too.

There aren't many hotels right near the Honda Center. They are clustered closer to Disneyland and the Convention Center. But there are plenty of busses and taxi type options, plus it's really not that far to walk. It's only if you're wearing very nice clothes or if the weather isn't nice that it's an issue. And there's so much more near Disneyland as far as dining and shopping go - so for all the stuff you want to do when you're not watching the competition, you will be happy you booked near Disneyland instead of that one hotel across the street from the Honda Center. There's only like one restaurant there and nothing else to do at all.
    I beg to differ! JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery, Nobel Ale works, Hooters (I think its an owl theme eatery) , and a short walk across the river are five other places, including "Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery". I am all over this....

1 Not allowed!
    owl theme eatery

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I just paid $34.50 in fees on $123.50 worth of "Thank You Canada" tickets. That's 28%! And it wasn't Ticketmaster, it was some other online ticket site.

I could have avoided some fees by going to the box office, but it is a 70 km drive, so I paid the extra to do it online.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11