A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Does anyone know how much tickets generally cost for this? All event or single event. I'm in California so could possible make a trip down if it's not too crazy expensive. Would it be similar cost to us nationals or is it more since it's an international event?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I had legitimate plans to go on a mother-daughter vacation to Disneyland earlier this year, but whoops, I got pregnant instead. I couldn’t justify spending all that money on a vacation if I can’t ride the California Screamin’ coaster fifteen times in a row, and eat a shrimp Po’Boy at House of Blues for lunch every day. :confused2: That was basically how I spent a 10 day vacation there back in February of 2007. :laugh:

However, I’m liking the potential idea of combining a Disney trip to Cali with 4CCs next year. That might mean I’ll be bringing the infamous Yuzudaughter to two big skating events in two years, as we’ll likely be in Montreal for 2020 Worlds as well. :devil: :biggrin: Newdaughter will still be too young for both, methinks.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The location was changed to Anaheim, per official word from the ISU several months ago.

No longer Colorado Springs.

Someone needs to update the Wikipedia page! It’s still showing Colorado Springs. I’d do it myself, but I once bugged up an entire article just from attempting to fix a single typo, so I’d better leave the task to someone else this time. :laugh:

I can’t believe it’ll be seven seasons since 4CCs were last in North America. I wish there was more of a balance between the Americas and Asia.

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Someone needs to update the Wikipedia page! It’s still showing Colorado Springs. I’d do it myself, but I once bugged up an entire article just from attempting to fix a single typo, so I’d better leave the task to someone else this time. :laugh:

I can’t believe it’ll be seven seasons since 4CCs were last in North America. I wish there was more of a balance between the Americas and Asia.

Thats exactly what i thought! LOL.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Does anyone know how much tickets generally cost for this? All event or single event. I'm in California so could possible make a trip down if it's not too crazy expensive. Would it be similar cost to us nationals or is it more since it's an international event?

It will be no where near the cost of nats..... All event tickets for good seats should be well under $300.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

As an added note of frustration with the USFSA, they said they would have more info to release by two weeks ago.....what a way to treat your doners. Just be honest with us and tell us what you know.....

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Hmmm if I can't get World 2019 ticket (cries) I might try to go to this. Of course that depends on who attends.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Weren’t tickets given away the last couple of years?

Hummm....in 12 years of going to mult events a year....I have only heard of giving away tickets twice in the US. Once at a SA on the left coast where they let you stay for the gala for free, and once at Spokane 2007 where they gave away tickets for a Novice short program...full house at the secondary venue....it was cool! I think it was comp. dance....people where cheering their heads off....

kiches

Final Flight
Went back through the archives and it does look like the 4CC hosted in Taiwan in 2018 and 2016 the tickets were offered for free. I think they were the only hosts I’ve heard of to do this though. I doubt they will be free for Anaheim but I can’t imagine they’ll be that expensive compared to Worlds.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Went back through the archives and it does look like the 4CC hosted in Taiwan in 2018 and 2016 the tickets were offered for free. I think they were the only hosts I’ve heard of to do this though. I doubt they will be free for Anaheim but I can’t imagine they’ll be that expensive compared to Worlds.

IIRC, worlds cost me $1300-1400 for tickets....most 4 conts and SkateAmericas I have gone to were closer to $275 for nice seats. Four conts is one of my most favorite events....When I went to it in Colorado Springs, the event was very open, for better or worse. You were not kept away from Alissa Czisny who was there ...she was right there doing stretching exercises in front of the fireplace next to the snack bar....While the Chineese pairs were outside on the sidewalks around the arena campus doing lifts....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...orado/FC 158_zpsc6fesokw.jpg.html?sort=3&o=33

http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...orado/FC 013_zps2jkbvzvp.jpg.html?sort=3&o=83

Find and name the skater!
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...lorado/skater_zpsfk859ixf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Such memories...
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...olorado/mao 2_zpsmpeueerw.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
My favorite art gallery
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/media/Colorado/mao_zpsxh7xl4jm.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

desertskates

Medalist
I’m kind of reading this with my mouth hanging open right now. I’m moving to that area next week and I’ve been buried in my heap of packing materials and not paying much attention tho what’s been going on. I love 4CC and knew CA was a possibility for it. I will definitely plan to be there since I have a place to stay :laugh:
It take me a couple of weeks to get myself sorted in my new home, but I’ll keep checking and come back here with any info I can pick up by keeping my ear to the local ground!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Went back through the archives and it does look like the 4CC hosted in Taiwan in 2018 and 2016 the tickets were offered for free. I think they were the only hosts I’ve heard of to do this though.

Some side notes on why tickets to 4CC/JWC in Taipei were free of charge: when CT skating union applied to host these events, the application went through Taipei City government as 'public welfare' events. As such type of events, the organizer were able to use the main venue FREE of charge. In the recent events of 4CC & JWC in Taipei, the event organizers have been working with local on-line ticketing system, so that to sign-up for tickets was free, but it took a minimal amount of handling fee to pick-up tickets. In general it cost less than 10 dollars even if you got tickets to all events. (NB: it's interesting that, as sports event, the organizer could also choose to sell tickets. But they would have to pay 10% of ticketing income to the arena, plus there are restrictions on the maximum price of the ticket, e.g. ticket price can't exceed more than about 35 us$ and such. So early on during the years when FS was not as popular in Taiwan, it wouldn't make any sense to have the event going on ticket-selling at all.)

kiches

Final Flight
Some side notes on why tickets to 4CC/JWC in Taipei were free of charge: when CT skating union applied to host these events, the application went through Taipei City government as 'public welfare' events. As such type of events, the organizer were able to use the main venue FREE of charge. In the recent events of 4CC & JWC in Taipei, the event organizers have been working with local on-line ticketing system, so that to sign-up for tickets was free, but it took a minimal amount of handling fee to pick-up tickets. In general it cost less than 10 dollars even if you got tickets to all events. (NB: it's interesting that, as sports event, the organizer could also choose to sell tickets. But they would have to pay 10% of ticketing income to the arena, plus there are restrictions on the maximum price of the ticket, e.g. ticket price can't exceed more than about 35 us$ and such. So early on during the years when FS was not as popular in Taiwan, it wouldn't make any sense to have the event going on ticket-selling at all.)

Thanks for the backstory on this, that's very interesting! It's too bad Taiwan was such a journey as I would've loved to have gone to 4CC and JWC in Taipei.

I will likely go to Anaheim for 4CC this year since it's in my state and a quick flight (there's so many West coast events for once!). Plus, SoCal means cheaper Korean bbq, Portos, and a chance to go to Universal California to see the new Harry Potter attraction :luv17:.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Also, if anyone thinks I'm going to be in Anaheim and not go to Disneyland again, they need another think. :biggrin:

Spring for an Uber and head to Universal Studios for the day, too! It'll take all day so do it when there are no events you want to see. Harry Potter!!! (squeals)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I’m kind of reading this with my mouth hanging open right now. I’m moving to that area next week and I’ve been buried in my heap of packing materials and not paying much attention tho what’s been going on. I love 4CC and knew CA was a possibility for it. I will definitely plan to be there since I have a place to stay :laugh:
It take me a couple of weeks to get myself sorted in my new home, but I’ll keep checking and come back here with any info I can pick up by keeping my ear to the local ground!

Excellent! A new spy.... I will try and remember to PM you if I hear anything from USFS. I am going to email them and in my very nice happy manner I will ask them how they are doing with 4CCs and SA. The odds are they will probably put me off another month. ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
When do you think they will start selling the tickets?

I proded my USFS contact today ever so gently and he said he would let us know when HE knew anything about nats, SA and Four Cs...(I think he is tired of my once a month question ;))
I am thinking of camping out on the Honda arena website and look for anything they have like signing up for alerts.
For us old people time flys so fast that it will be here before we know it, but sometimes its hard to wait for info even for us old guys. :agree2: