A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 5 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

kiches

Final Flight
Got the cheapest all-event ticket and the it resulted in $64.00 + $8.01 in fees. So the cheapest will still cost you close to $500.

Curious if you can do pre-sale by just walking up to the Honda Center box office for those that live nearby. I know someone who does that for tickets at our nearby arena to avoid the fees.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yup, got three tickets and thought I was going to spend about $1500, gulp. Then it turned out to be over $1700 after fees. YUCK
This will be the first time we will do something like this. Kiddo is pretty excited.

I'm excited for you and your children. I have always said that if you love skating, you MUST see it live at least once in your lifetime. These tickets unfortunately, are out of my price range and for an event that won't include some of the top skaters in the World. I'm going to give it a skip.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yup, got three tickets and thought I was going to spend about $1500, gulp. Then it turned out to be over $1700 after fees. YUCK
This will be the first time we will do something like this. Kiddo is pretty excited.

They charged you a $100 service fee for each ticket????????????????? (Delete string of bad words not fit for children)
Why not just have $1 tickets and charge $699 service fee? This kind of rip is immoral and so sad.....and it needs to be out there UP FRONT before purchase.

Seeing how sections were full of taken seats, my only thought is that some big tour groups from Japan are driving up prices...thats just a guess.
Dont get me wrong. Mukogawa University, Spokane campus, had a big turn out at SOI Spokane and I am thankful that at least one country still
loves figure skating, as the attendance was pitiful otherwise. I love Japanese fans and I hope lots of Japanese skaters show up to this fine event.
It is just sad that prices seem to be through the roof.
Oh well, So. Cal. in February is much nicer than Spokane in February. I'm a goin'.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
The super high service fees apply to each ticket

I’m wondering - are the ticket prices set by ISU? Or USFS (or both)?

Kelti

Rinkside
They charged you a $100 service fee for each ticket????????????????? (Delete string of bad words not fit for children)
Why not just have $1 tickets and charge $699 service fee? This kind of rip is immoral and so sad.....and it needs to be out there UP FRONT before purchase.

Seeing how sections were full of taken seats, my only thought is that some big tour groups from Japan are driving up prices...thats just a guess.
Dont get me wrong. Mukogawa University, Spokane campus, had a big turn out at SOI Spokane and I am thankful that at least one country still
loves figure skating, as the attendance was pitiful otherwise. I love Japanese fans and I hope lots of Japanese skaters show up to this fine event.
It is just sad that prices seem to be through the roof.
Oh well, So. Cal. in February is much nicer than Spokane in February. I'm a goin'.

I don't think it's fair to blame the Japanese tour on the ridiculous pricing on 4CC, assuming the blocked out sections are indeed reserved by the Japanese tour.
If I have to guess, I'd say the issue lies between USFS & ticketmaster USA.

I just checked with my friend who has purchased the GPF ticket that will take place in Vancouver this year, she purchased the most expensive all event package, it was priced at $375 + 21.70 tm service charge, and that's in Canadian $$. IMO, the GPF is an event that will attract a lot more international attendance, and yes we can probably expect quite a lot of Japanese fans in the crowd too.

Other than that I'm agreeing with the sentiment from the rest of your post, this is just sad to see 4CC is finally being held in North America, but it's likely that the pricing are driving people away. And this will probably mean we are going to have 4CC going back to Asia for the following years to come :(

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The Ticketmaster fees for 4CC are truly outrageous. i wonder who regulates this? Tickets for the 2018 GPF were also sold through Ticketmaster and the disparity in fees is remarkable:

GPF ticket price: $225.00
Order Processing Fee: $4.25
Facility Charge $6.00
Service Fee: $17.25

4CC ticket price: $499.00
Order Processing Fee: $6.75
Facility Charge: $8.01
Service Fee: $80.55

GPF is in Canadian dollars and 4CC is in US dollars, but that is neither here nor there. Even if the Service Fee is tied to the ticket fee, why this disparity? I'm going to question Ticketmaster, though, I think it's an exercise in futility.

musicfan80

Medalist
I'm planning another vacation trip to another part of the U.S. or even Canada. But I don't know if I want to go to a trip seeing Skate Canada, Skate America, the GPF, or 4CCs......

I will still buy a 4CC all event, as I expect Team Australia to field all four disciplines again.

However I am now inclined only to buy a Championship Weekend ticket for US Nationals, rather than an all-event.

No way am I going to Detroit, MI in January. I will only tolerate being so cold. There is much better weather pretty much anywhere in the U.S. during that time of the year. Or anytime of the year. :laugh:

Pocaguri

Rinkside
It’s usfs, the 4cc in Taiwan were free! I would have travel to Taiwan with that money and attend 4cc. Gonna try for single tickets instead.

temadd

Final Flight
Got the cheapest all-event ticket and the it resulted in $64.00 + $8.01 in fees. So the cheapest will still cost you close to $500.

Curious if you can do pre-sale by just walking up to the Honda Center box office for those that live nearby. I know someone who does that for tickets at our nearby arena to avoid the fees.

The email said that tickets can only be bought on-line.:mad:

zebobes

Final Flight
It’s usfs, the 4cc in Taiwan were free! I would have travel to Taiwan with that money and attend 4cc. Gonna try for single tickets instead.

Yup, they were free!! And for the past 3 years, we have had a figure skating competition in Taiwan every year! It's been great.

It looks like we'll have to wait to 2021 for the next one though... boo hoo.

shyne

Final Flight

It's free in Taiwan because it's registered as a non-profit event.
In return, the event organizer doesn't have to pay for the stadium usage.
That's not the case in US. But still, the price is insane.
I remember attending 4CC in Colorado Springs few years ago, and the tickets are around $200 per person.

irriya

On the Ice
OMG the price killed me! I thought it would be under $400 at most, and then...

Well, I hope Yuzu and Marin can make it...

Mamamiia

Medalist

Just curious, it's about 1400 for 2 tickets, how come only 1700 for 3 tickets? Half price for children?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I just bought mine, but I'm rather disgruntled at Ticketmaster's fees! $64 on a $399 ticket! That's disgusting!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't think it's fair to blame the Japanese tour on the ridiculous pricing on 4CC, assuming the blocked out sections are indeed reserved by the Japanese tour.
If I have to guess, I'd say the issue lies between USFS & ticketmaster USA.

I just checked with my friend who has purchased the GPF ticket that will take place in Vancouver this year, she purchased the most expensive all event package, it was priced at $375 + 21.70 tm service charge, and that's in Canadian $$. IMO, the GPF is an event that will attract a lot more international attendance, and yes we can probably expect quite a lot of Japanese fans in the crowd too.

Other than that I'm agreeing with the sentiment from the rest of your post, this is just sad to see 4CC is finally being held in North America, but it's likely that the pricing are driving people away. And this will probably mean we are going to have 4CC going back to Asia for the following years to come :(

Blame is a wrong word. In the US, everything operates on supply and demand. I have never pretended to understand the relationship between the LOC and the arena and the governing body (ISU) and the host (USFS), but I do understand the supply/demand curve. No matter who gets the money, prices are set by the demand for an item. I think the sharks in the water here sense a high demand. The GPF which I considered going to in Vancouver was reasonably priced but the cost of a mainstream hotel and parking and transportation would have been very high. At any rate, even if the head of the USFS giving program, Brent, is kept in the dark, he has made an inquiry to Ticketmaster about this (newtome) outrageous charge. I have never seen such gouging.