A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 6 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, I just bought mine, but I'm rather disgruntled at Ticketmaster's fees! $64 on a $399 ticket! That's disgusting!

I find it very interesting that this "fee" varries with the amount of the ticket... $64 for a $400 ticket... $100 for a $600 ticket. Why should a service fee do that?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I congratulate everyone who is rich enough to go.

Ouch. :) It is true we old retired people have lots of money we are trying to spend before we die. On the other hand, we wont be around very long and there is no U-Haul on the end of a herse. Plus lots of our body parts seem to break more and more every year.
There is no free lunch for anyone...youth and health and poverty vs old, rich, and sick....what would you chose? ;)
(Today is the first day of Year 15 of retirement...took my lovely wife to see Celtic Woman last night to celebrate)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Well, I was thinking of getting tickets for 4CC, but now that I know how expensive they are I will happily focus on the other two North American west coast events, Skate America and GPF. They're both closer to me and cheaper! So thanks for the decision making help, USFS and Ticketmaster.

I am genuinely intrigued by what is driving that crazy service fee though. Could it have anything to do with taxes in California?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, I was thinking of getting tickets for 4CC, but now that I know how expensive they are I will happily focus on the other two North American west coast events, Skate America and GPF. They're both closer to me and cheaper! So thanks for the decision making help, USFS and Ticketmaster.

I am genuinely intrigued by what is driving that crazy service fee though. Could it have anything to do with taxes in California?

Yeah I’m thinking this too, but the choices for GPF tickets are so limited at this point. I do have hotel reservations in Vancouver.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Let's see what USFS says. Brent is a great guy and is very helpful. When I get a breather, I will ask ticketmaster....in my very best polite way, of course :thumbsup:
When I bought tickets for San Jose Nats or SA Ontario I was not charged outrageous fees. Perhaps county fees???? If true ,they should have said that.

There are two issues here. A very high cost for day of the entertainment and the outrageous "Service Fee" For me, the total cost of the trip will be in the thousands with hotel and airfare so I am not going to let a few hundred bucks price gouging keep me from seeing the competition, escaping the Spokane gloom, etc.

The attendance at the actual event will be very telling.

At SOI Spokane, Mukogawa Fort Wright institute, a satallite campus for the famous Mukogawa Japanese university, sent many very nice polite young ladies to help fill the seats and I think they only have 400 students to begin with. So figure skating is still big in Japan and I am told there is a situation where Japanese fans can actually attend comps in the US at an inexpensive rate compared with comps in Japan.

I am hoping for a good turnout to show the USFS that if they pick places like Pheonix or Vegas for Nats, they actually might draw some skating fans. Places with other things to do than watch skating would be an asset.
I wonder if there is off ice betting on skaters for nats in Vegas?

nguyhm

On the Ice
I was hoping to go to So Cal since I love Orange County but at these prices I will watch 4CC on TV. Compared to these prices GPF tickets were such a steal. I'm glad I snatched one earlier, just wish airfares to Vancouver were not so expensive.

tothepointe

On the Ice
These tickets seem more expensive than what I paid for Worlds in 2009 at Staples though I bought mine on Stubhub from one of the tour groups that were selling their unwanted tickets so that's whaat I'll do this year. Might as well keep my money in my pocket till closer to the event.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The GPF which I considered going to in Vancouver was reasonably priced but the cost of a mainstream hotel and parking and transportation would have been very high.

I know this is a 4CC thread, so I apologize in advance, but just want to set things straight. There are several convenient and very reasonable lodging options right on the campus of UBC. One is directly across the street from Thunderbird and the other two are in easy walking distance. Triumf House is across the street and rates are around $110 CDN/night. Rooms won't open until 6/1. There is also West Coast Suites, which is reasonably priced and lastly, Carey Centre, basic accommodations at bargain rates. I recommended Carey Centre to several friends for Canadians. They liked it so much that they made reservations for the GPF at the time of their stay.

tothepointe

On the Ice
I was hoping to go to So Cal since I love Orange County but at these prices I will watch 4CC on TV. Compared to these prices GPF tickets were such a steal. I'm glad I snatched one earlier, just wish airfares to Vancouver were not so expensive.

Could you fly into Seattle and then drive over the border?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I received a prompt and long reply from Ticketmaster in response to my inquiry regarding Service Fees. It's obviously a canned response and addresses all fees so I'll only show the Service Fee portion. It's non-committal bs and bottom line is that the Service fee is set and shared by Ticketmaster and the client. Since the fees are so egregious and seemingly unprecedented, I'll place blame on the event OC.

"Service Fee and Order Processing Fee
There is usually a service fee per-ticket and an order processing fee per-order that varies by event. (The order processing fee is not usually charged on retail outlet and box office purchases.) To the extent we charge a service fee and/or an order processing fee, we and our clients typically set and share the fee"

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The GPF which I considered going to in Vancouver was reasonably priced but the cost of a mainstream hotel and parking and transportation would have been very high.

I know this is a 4CC thread, so I apologize in advance, but just want to set things straight. There are several convenient and very reasonable lodging options right on the campus of UBC. One is directly across the street from Thunderbird and the other two are in easy walking distance. Triumf House is across the street and rates are around $110 CDN/night. Rooms won't open until 6/1. There is also West Coast Suites, which is reasonably priced and lastly, Carey Centre, basic accommodations at bargain rates. I recommended Carey Centre to several friends for Canadians. They liked it so much that they made reservations for the GPF at the time of their stay.

Triumf house is not taking reservations for the period of the GPF. I stayed there for Nationals and really liked it. Oh, I see you have more info than I do about that. Thanks. Is that tomorrow?

West Coast Suites is full and was offering me $285 + tax per night before they filled up. I balked at the price. They raise their rates when there is a lot of demand.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Let's see what USFS says. ... When I get a breather, I will ask ticketmaster....in my very best polite way, of course :thumbsup:
When I bought tickets for San Jose Nats or SA Ontario I was not charged outrageous fees. Perhaps county fees???? If true ,they should have said that. ...

FWIW, re the Ticketmaster service fee:

Yesterday, I randomly checked the Ticketmaster service fee for a ticket to an NBA game at the Honda Center.
For a ticket that cost several hundred dollars, the Ticketmaster service fee was more than $60.

I already forget the exact amounts, but the ratio of ticket price to service fee was very similar to the ticket/fee ratio for Four Continents.​

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
Today when I was buying Metallica tickets, I was like 15 dollars per ticket in service fees. Then I remembered this thread. The service fees for 4CC is like the price of one Metallica ticket. That’s insane!

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Triumf house is not taking reservations for the period of the GPF. I stayed there for Nationals and really liked it. Oh, I see you have more info than I do about that. Thanks. Is that tomorrow?

West Coast Suites is full and was offering me $285 + tax per night before they filled up. I balked at the price. They raise their rates when there is a lot of demand.

Luckily, I made my West Coast Suites reservation early on and got two nights at $145, one at $155, and two at $175. But then others made reservations later and, as you said, the rates kept going up. Month ago, someone at Triumf House told me that they have their own event in early December and would open up reservations to the public on June 1.

OutsideEdge

Rinkside
It hurt me, but I coughed up the $ for two tickets. I've wanted to attend a major event for years and years and made a promise to myself that this year would be the year. Unfortunately it had to be late in the season for scheduling reasons, and FCC was the only on that made sense.

So I just coughed up an ungodly amount of money and am going to have to fly across literally the entire dang country, but I'm going to my first major FS event!!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Just curious. Are you sure these housing options still have opennings? When I was looking for a seat at the arena I couldnt find anything acceptable but just for fun I looked at mainstream hotels and they were expensive. As well as the parking there.
Vancouver is a very interesting city...very cosmopolitian...I stayed there a night before gettting on a cruise ship in early May. The airport customs can be a bit trying depending if three planes from the far east have landed just as yours does...and the supermarkets can be rather un-western....the driving ability/technique of some of the residents seems interesting as well....be very careful in crosswalks.....