Yuzuru Hanyu - Four Continents | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu - Four Continents

fredtx121

On the Ice
I was looking at Yuzurus impressive competitive history and results and I am actually shocked that he has never won the “easiest” of all championships, the Four Continents. Right now he probably wants to focus on healing his injury and not compete before the Olympics. But maybe he won’t retire and compete next year and finally win the title he has never won! I think he should go another 4 yrs personally but I’m not sure if he wants to stick around for another cycle. Lol

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wish Hanyu sticks around one more cycle because he is still very young and figure skating needs super stars such as him to hold or attract people. For that reason, I want him to participate in the 2019 4CC. That would be another epic battle between him and Nathan again. :) I don't forgot about Shoma, Boyang, Vincent, Kolyada or others in the picture.

Moreover, Skate Canada will welcome him very much. :)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I was looking at Yuzurus impressive competitive history and results and I am actually shocked that he has never won the “easiest” of all championships, the Four Continents. Right now he probably wants to focus on healing his injury and not compete before the Olympics. But maybe he won’t retire and compete next year and finally win the title he has never won! I think he should go another 4 yrs personally but I’m not sure if he wants to stick around for another cycle. Lol

How the 4CC is supposed to be the easiest competition? Just compare the last two years field at 4CC wigh last two years field at europeans. Even this year with this field i won't say that 4CC is the easiest competition.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I wish Hanyu sticks around one more cycle because he is still very young and figure skating needs super stars such as him to hold or attract people. For that reason, I want him to participate in the 2019 4CC. That would be another epic battle between him and Nathan again. :) I don't forgot about Shoma, Boyang, Vincent, Kolyada or others in the picture.

Moreover, Skate Canada will welcome him very much. :)

To be honest I don't think he 's going to leave this year. His interviews recently sound like he is planning to stick around maybe not for full quad but at least a year or more. Also this year not going as he planned could make him stay and come back next year with 2 new programs. WC 2019 is in Japan and it is possible he will retire in front of home crowd or even stay longer. I don't think he considers retirement after this season at all.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
The thing is, with his current statements, or rather, non-statements about his retiring (he last spoke about retiting after 2018 more than two years ago) I think he is going to continue, even though I wouldn't be suprised if he decided to retire. However, I don't see him going to Beijing 2022. It's possible that he will be overtaken in the future by the youngsters will quads (he kind of already is but manages to come ahead on GOEs and PCS but his advantge is getting smaller) and with his injuries and age it will be more difficult to stay competive. I'm worried he might end up like Mao, but it's too soon to say. Basically, I think he'll stay but for a year maybe too, not for the whole quad.

Danibellerika

Medalist
The thing is, with his current statements, or rather, non-statements about his retiring (he last spoke about retiting after 2018 more than two years ago) I think he is going to continue, even though I wouldn't be suprised if he decided to retire. However, I don't see him going to Beijing 2022. It's possible that he will be overtaken in the future by the youngsters will quads (he kind of already is but manages to come ahead on GOEs and PCS but his advantge is getting smaller) and with his injuries and age it will be more difficult to stay competive. I'm worried he might end up like Mao, but it's too soon to say. Basically, I think he'll stay but for a year maybe too, not for the whole quad.

When you're a grandpa at 23...