2018–19 Russian JGP Team | Golden Skate

2018–19 Russian JGP Team

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, based on season so far these are the skaters I would like to see getting JGP spots. That been said a lot can happen between now and August. Some teams might split up and new very competitive skaters/teams might emerge.

Ladies. This team will be even better than what Russia fielded this season.
(Panenkova. Moved to seniors)
(Samodurova. Moved to seniors)
Trusova
Kostornaia
Shcherbakova
Gubanova. She will become senior eligible but surely she will stay in juniors.
Tarakanova
Vasilieva
Kanysheva
Sinitsyna

Men
(Erokhov. Moved to seniors)
Savosin. Might move to seniors.
Ignatov
Danielyan
Murashov
Rukhin
Kovalev
Gumennik
Kunitsa
Vetlugin
Semenenko

Pairs. Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov didn't do well this season but they are capable to be great and I want them to make the team next season even though it seems unlikely at the moment.
(Pavliuchenko / Khodykin. Moved to seniors)
(Boikova / Kozlovskii. Moved to seniors)
Kostiukovich / Ialin
Mishina / Galiamov
Kvartalova / Sviatchenko
Atakhanova / Volodin
Kudryavtseva / Spiridonov
Akhanteva / Kolesov
Poluianova / Sopot
Panfilova / Rylov

Ice dancing. It may be unlikely that Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy would make their JGP debut already next season but I am really hoping they will. I am also hoping that Konkina / Vakhnov will make their JGP debut as well.
Ushakova / Nekrasov
Shevchenko / Eremenko
Khudaiberdieva / Nazarov
Konkina / Vakhnov
Kuts / Mikhailov
Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy
Andreeva / Desyatov
Ivanenko / Karpov
Shanaeva / Narizhny
Lazareva / Prokofiev

hanca

Record Breaker
I think you are wasting your time hoping for Zhuk/Britkov to do well. Let’s be realistic- he rarely landed his jumps. Furthermore, the size difference during the last season wasn’t very good, she was growing up and he is quite small for a guy. I haven’t seen them for ages so I am not sure if she stopped growing, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this team didn’t exist next seasor, or split up after next season, when he will be too old for juniors whereas she will have quite a few years of junior eligibility. On the positive side, she was a very good jumper; if she found a partner who was decent with jumps too, e.g. Simenenko, they would be really strong pair.

I wonder, with whom Simenenko skates now, after Pavlova split him and Kudryavtseva? He posted at Ask that he found a partner and did not want to say who it is, and then they haven’t competed this season, so I guess she might be a pair beginner and it is taking her a while to learn new discipline, or the partnership did not last. Or one of them is injured.

Country
Russia
In Ladies Sinitsina is about the same level as Kanysheva and pretends to JGP too.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
In Ladies Sinitsina is about the same level as Kanysheva and pretends to JGP too.

I know but there are only 14 JGP spots and most of the named ladies will most likely get 2 JGP events. Assuming Gubanova and Panenkova doesn't move to seniors and all the skaters are fit to skate then there might be room for only Kanysheva or Sinitsyna but not both. Naturally Sinitsyna can improve her chances if she beats Kanysheva at the Youth Nationals.

moriel

Record Breaker
I know but there are only 14 JGP spots and most of the named ladies will most likely get 2 JGP events. Assuming Gubanova and Panenkova doesn't move to seniors and all the skaters are fit to skate then there might be room for only Kanysheva or Sinitsyna but not both. Naturally Sinitsyna can improve her chances if she beats Kanysheva at the Youth Nationals.

Im pretty sure russia will do same as they did this season. Whoever messes their first assignment is out.

kalee

On the Ice
Im pretty sure russia will do same as they did this season. Whoever messes their first assignment is out.

And the bar for "messing" is pretty high too = whoever didn't get gold in their first assignment is out

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wonder if any of the younger boys have a chance of getting a consistent 3A by this fall. I don't think the Fed will send boys without 3A if they can avoid it. I'm hoping Kunitsa, Skirda, etc. can make some significant progress now that they've gone through growth spurts.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Questionaire about next JGP season

1. Who newly eligible Russian skater will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

2. Among those Russian skaters who haven't skated any JGP events but who would have been eligible already this season, who will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

3. Who are the current less known Russian skaters in each disciplines who might become a real JGP Final medal contenders during next JGP season?

4. How many Russian junior ladies will score above 200 points during next JGP season?

5. How many Russian junior ladies will land a fully rotated quad next season?

6. Which, if any, Sasha Trusova's current World Junior record will stand after next JGP season?

7. Will Sui/Han's old junior FS record of 118.54 points which they have held since 2011 finally fall next JGP season? If so, which Russian team will break it?

8. Which current World junior records will be broken by a Russian skaters during next JGP season?

9. Who will score the highest FS TES of the JGP season, a man or a lady?

10. Will any of the japanese ladies make it to the JGP Final?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
1. Alena Kanysheva

2. Anna Shcherbakova

3. Anna Shcherbakova

4. 5 (Trusova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova, Shcherbakova, Gubanova)

5. 2(Trusova, Shcherbakova)

6. None.

8. SP, Free Skate, Total(Ladies)

9. A Lady.

10. No.

edit: forgot Gubanova will likely stay in juniors

tars

Record Breaker
Mostly copy/paste from Shayuki, who knows what's up. ;)

1. Alena Kanysheva
2. Anna Shcherbakova - mostly artistic and presentational, because technically this year's Trusova's skate outshines anything else for years to come (until Akatieva?).
3. Anna Shcherbakova
4. 3 (Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova) - expecting some difficulties next season from Tarakanova, she had up and down seasons even as a novice.
5. I hope 2 (Trusova, Shcherbakova) although it'll be hard for Anna.
6. LP and Total, I doubt a skater, even as young as Sasha, can maintain such perfect level of physical condition for two seasons and I can't imagine anyone else having enough content to beat these scores.
8. SP (Ladies)
10. Yes, Japanese ladies are on the rise, there is always a big chance someone interesting will pop up, like Marin Honda in 2015/16.

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Who newly eligible Russian skater will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

There are only two real options here, Ksenia Sinitsyna and Alena Kanysheva. I would think the latter of the two would most likely be the one with bigger impact.

2. Among those Russian skaters who haven't skated any JGP events but who would have been eligible already this season, who will have the biggest impact during next JGP season?

The obvious answer here is Shcherbakova but there are also several pairs who haven't competed internationally together but who can be real medal contenders at the JGP Final, like Atakhanova/Volodin and Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov. Also Vasilieva could be a real medal contender assuming she will make it to the Russia's JGP team.

3. Who are the current less known Russian skaters in each disciplines who might become a real JGP Final medal contenders during next JGP season?

Men: Anyone who can learn a quad by the time JGP starts.
Ladies: Shcherbakova, Vasilieva, Kanysheva
Pairs: Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Atakhanova/Volodin, Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov
Dance: Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov, Konkina/Yakushev

4. How many Russian junior ladies will score above 200 points during next JGP season?

Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaia for sure.
Gubanova for sure assuming she doesn't move to seniors.
Panenkova can do it also if she doesn't move to seniors which is something she might do.
Tarakanova might also be one.

So, anything between four to six. I will be hugely disappointed if there will be less than four skaters.

5. How many Russian junior ladies will land a fully rotated quad next season?

Two.

6. Which, if any, Sasha Trusova's current World Junior record will stand after next JGP season?

I am sure that the SP record will be broken but I don't know about the other records.

7. Will Sui/Han's old junior FS record of 118.54 points which they have held since 2011 finally fall next JGP season? If so, which Russian team will break it?

I believe this record will finally fall. Both Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Kostiukovich/Ialin can break it but since Pavliuchenko/Khodykin are more stable they are the ones who will most likely break this record.

8. Which current World junior records will be broken by a Russian skaters during next JGP season?

Ladies SP score
Pairs SP, FS and Total scores

9. Who will score the highest FS TES of the JGP season, a man or a lady?

If everything goes well, then it really should be a lady.

10. Will any of the japanese ladies make it to the JGP Final?

Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova, Gubanova, Panenkova, Tarakanova, Vasilieva, Kanysheva and Sinitsyna will make a Really really great team and assuming Russian Fed will give 6 skaters two JGP events, which is something that didn't happen this season, then there is real chance that we could see all Russian JGP Final.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
1. Alena Kanysheva
2. Anna Shcherbakova
3. Anna Shcherbakova
4. Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaya, Anna Shcherbakova, and Anastasia Tarakanova
5. Two: Alexandra Trusova and Anna Shcherbakova
6. The FS and total
7. Yes, by both Kostiukovich/Ialin and then by Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
8. Ladies SP, Pairs SP, Pairs FS, Pairs total
9. Lady: either Shcherbakova, Trusova, or both
10. No. If all goes well then these skaters should each get two JGP spots: Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Shcherbakova, Vasilieva, Kanysheva, and Sinitsyna. Gubanova and Panenkova will move to seniors. Samodurova might move to seniors but if she doesn't, she's unlikely to make the final with all of this talent.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
You all are forgetting one quite important detail - new +5 GOE scoring system next season. Therefore all previous records can't be valid anymore.

hanca

Record Breaker
Pairs. Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov didn't do well this season but they are capable to be great and I want them to make the team next season even though it seems unlikely at the moment.
Pavliuchenko / Khodykin
Kostiukovich / Ialin
Mishina / Galiamov
Kvartalova / Sviatchenko
Boikova / Kozlovskii
Kudryavtseva / Spiridonov
Atakhanova / Volodin

v
I would add to this list Labazina/Rakhmanin. There is a gossip that Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov left Pavlova and skate with Dmitriev. That means that Labazina/Rakhmanin are Pavlova’s strongest pair. This year they were good enough to qualify to the nationals, but not quite good enough to be among the few strongest. I wouldn’t be surprised if next season they are among the top juniors.

I am not sure whether Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov will be that great next season. They seemed to be a great partnership on paper, but the reality did not really reach the expectations this season. Kudryavtseva seemed to have triples when skating with her previous partner, but suddenly when skating with Spiridonov she did doubles or a very bad triple. Plus to be fair, Spiridonov used to make his share of mistakes (lifts that went wrong) when skating with Atakhanova, so their not so great results the last year with Atakhanova was not only her fault. Will those mistakes miraculously disappear? When Pavlova switched Kudryavtseva insted of Atakhanova, Kudryavtseva was a tiny little prepubescent girl. Now she does not have the same figure, and Spiridonov is not very tall for a pair skater. That will also influence their results. Furthermore, Dmitriev has not had particularly great results with juniors in the last few years, and even his seniors (Astakhova/Rogonov) are not really progressing much. So I don’t think things are looking that great for Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov. But I may be wrong.

I would also add Akhanteva/Kolesov on the list. Not because I think they are so great, but because the federation seems to have a soft spot for them.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I assume Boikova / Kozlovskii would go senior next year? They are guaranteed a Grand Prix event for finishing in the top 24 Seasons Best scores. Their senior scores have consistenly been higher then their junior ones this year. I know they are young, but maybe better to make the jump next year and get themselves established in seniors. Best case scenario they find themselves at Europeans/Worlds next year (might require some weird luck, but then again, who thought Zagorski/Guerreiro would be at Olympics/Worlds this year?).

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ice dancing
Polishchuk / Vakhnov
Shevchenko / Eremenko
Ushakova / Nekrasov
Khudaiberdieva / Nazarov
Konkina / Yakushev
Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy
Andreeva / Desyatov
Lazareva / Prokofiev

Damn, it seems two teams have already split up, Polishchuk / Vakhnov and Konkina / Yakushev.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm hoping Skirda, Frolov and Kovalev have recovered sufficiently to be given a chance. Ilya definitely deserves it and Artem Frolov did quite well the season before last. It would also be very exciting to see Danik Samsonov in JGP competitions.
I could imagine that the Fed might start of Erokhov and Savosin in Juniors, but put them 'on call' in case the senior men need a little bit of support.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It would also be very exciting to see Danik Samsonov in JGP competitions.
I could imagine that the Fed might start of Erokhov and Savosin in Juniors, but put them 'on call' in case the senior men need a little bit of support.

Samsonov isn't eligible yet. He will become JGP eligible only after next season.

Erokhov is guaranteed to get at least one GP event, so, there is no point to keep him in juniors.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Samsonov isn't eligible yet. He will become JGP eligible only after next season.

Erokhov is guaranteed to get at least one GP event, so, there is no point to keep him in juniors.

Lovely. I was wondering as Samsonov turns 13 in summer. It’ll be exciting either way, can’t wait!!!!