Equivalent Edea Overture - Jackson? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Equivalent Edea Overture - Jackson?

treesprite

Final Flight
Most shops will order skates for a customer, if the size is not in stock, or a split width size or something is needed. If a shop won't do that, it isn't a very good shop. Maybe he is just pushing sales of a product that is over-stocked, or maybe he thinks you wouldn't want to wait for an order (could take several weeks).

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Thanks for everyone’s input.

I have the feeling like it’s less of an issue of him wanted to push the Elle on me specifically (due to overstocking ect) as he never brought it up with me when I was there.
And more that I feel like he really doesn’t want to overboot me and because of that is reluctant to put me into anything stiffer.

He’s a good fitter from what it seems but I’m not sure how up to date he is with the Jackson models.

I’ll be going to a different shop that was recommended by my coach at the end of this week. worst case scenario is that I’ll have to wait another month and a half before I’m back in Austria where I know a good skate shop.

TallAdultSkater

Rinkside
Howdy fellow adult skater- I'm 5'10" 199 pounds, (ok 201 pounds) and it took me at least 6 months to really break in my Jackson Artiste. I skate 10 hours a week doing lunges and spins and flair eagles. My feet hurt breaking in new boots. I had never had such stiff skates in my life, such a learning curve.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Howdy fellow adult skater- I'm 5'10" 199 pounds, (ok 201 pounds) and it took me at least 6 months to really break in my Jackson Artiste. I skate 10 hours a week doing lunges and spins and flair eagles. My feet hurt breaking in new boots. I had never had such stiff skates in my life, such a learning curve.

My question is: How the world are those even holding and supporting you? :unsure::scard8: They're a rec stock skate set and are light support (25 stiffness), which isn't even stiff enough for you and your skill set. :slink:

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Agree with Ic3. This sounds like an anomaly, and I wouldn't recommend that anyone else use your example as a guide for boot selection.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
That does sound quite surprising :D

But as I've said before, I'm not too worried about the stiffness and breaking in - I know the edeas are quite padded but I never minded their "stiffness" - and trying out the competitor, I didn't with that either.

I'm not really considering anything below the freestyle anyway - but interesting to hear that that works for you :)

Jh9772

Rinkside
I’m 6 feet tall, about 155 pounds and broke down the artistes in about a month without doing any jumps. I’m now in the Elites despite only doing singles. There are other considerations but usually adults will break down softer skates quicker even when just beginning.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Hey there somelikeitpink,

Just saw that Jackson has a new Premiere Fusion coming in the Spring. Well to North America anyway, not sure about your part of the world.

http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?product=z72BexUmLva1a2b3c4d5evBhztDP25w1A2B3C4D5E1A2B3C4D5E

ooooh thank you!

I will have to check that out. I've decided now that I'm going to wait with getting new ones until I'm back in Austria since I got someone recommended there and it doesn't seem like this here is going anywhere anyway.

They also seem to be quite up to date with their models so I'll have a chat with them once I get there to see what they say. Thank you for thinking of me <3 Definitely sounds like a nice option.

Sibelius

On the Ice
You are certainly welcome. I checked the Jackson Europe site and they have them listed as well, coming Spring 2018. My little skater LIKES the silver sole, so I'm outvoted. Hope your patience pays off and you can get what you want and what fits you well. Good luck in Austria, I've always wanted to visit Vienna. Maybe someday my skater will travel there and I can tag along.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Hello everyone,

I just thought that maybe after such a long time I should give you an update.

After an injury that I got as soon as I had moved, I was forced off the ice for a while now anyway. But as soon as I was back on it I went to the recommended skating shop and boy was it a revelation. Rarely I've gotten that good advice anywhere for anything.
He not only figured out the real problems with my edeas (too soft for me/not the right fit) but also realised a small malposition of my hip (due to my legs being a different length) which resulted in my left foot being often positioned incorrectly and which also caused my problems.

Anyway - I didn't end up with Jacksons after all! After some tryouts the end result were Risports, got the RF2 now (which are being discontinued) and some Jackson Ultima blades, and the difference is massive. No cramping, no toe squishing. A massive improvement also for my figures and spins as I'm struggling much less with this blade.

So yes, just thought I'd let you guys know. Super happy with them as they are now and hope that they will last me now for a bit :)