Hanyu out of Team Event at the Olympics | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Hanyu out of Team Event at the Olympics

auser

Record Breaker
I haven’t been on GS a for a few days. About an hour ago, I randomly thought: “Oh holy hell, is Yuzuru still injured? Is he still competing at the Olympics? What is going on with him? I MUST FIND OUT IMMEDIATELY!!!”

So of course, I log on to find this fourteen page thread. Bless you all, I read every post. I sincerely hope that he is healthy and able and ready for the individual events. :cheer: Alternatively, I also sincerely hope that I don’t have to spend the next two and a half weeks in mourning, comforting a distraught Yuzurudaughter. I’m almost at 28 weeks of pregnancy, and I’m willing to bet that none of my black clothes that are appropriate funeral attire will fit me at this point. :laugh:
Congratulations SarahSynchro :hap10:. Best wishes for a healthy human who inherits, learns, and benefits from your wit and wisdom :)

da96103

Record Breaker
Every time this thread goes up the list, I get palpitations that someone is gonna reveal that Hanyu has withdrawn completely.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Every time this thread goes up the list, I get palpitations that someone is gonna reveal that Hanyu has withdrawn completely.

You can be sure that such type of news would not be appearing as a new post in this thread.

There would be 15 new threads popping up simultaneously with screaming headlines (and rightly so).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fake quads and bad quality crossovers do exist btw.

Give it a rest. It doesn't take a genius to figure out whom you are bashing. This thread is about Hanyu out of the team event. You want to bash a certain skater? Fine, start a new thread where people can actually understand what the h you're saying. Cut the cryptic $%&¿

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Give it a rest. It doesn't take a genius to figure out whom you are bashing. This thread is about Hanyu out of the team event. You want to bash a certain skater? Fine, start a new thread where people can actually understand what the h you're saying. Cut the cryptic $%&¿

Well, in their defense, charlotte14 had categorically and irrefutably stated "Nah I mock noone"...

... although perhaps they were being sarcastic when they said that?! :biggrin:

Back to the topic at hand, the team event starts in less than 24 hours! With Hanyu out of it, and given the SP lineup, how do people think Shoma will do?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, in their defense, charlotte14 had categorically and irrefutably stated "Nah I mock noone"...

... although perhaps they were being sarcastic when they said that?! :biggrin:

Back to the topic at hand, the team event starts in less than 24 hours! With Hanyu out of it, and given the SP lineup, how do people think Shoma will do?

Shoma has been looking strong in practices. If he can keep his nerves in check, I think he'll do well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Shoma has been looking strong in practices. If he can keep his nerves in check, I think he'll do well.

I think he will represent Japan strongly in the team event. He has had consistent quads, his artistry is improved, plus he has a new SP this season which is being well-received. :)

da96103

Record Breaker
Here's some positive news about Hanyu: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/02/08/266110814. Nothing definitive of course, but still. Just put on the Icenetwork site.

New stuff from the article.

Quote:
The lutz is off the table now. Hanyu's free skate quads most likely will be two salchows and two toe loops. A fifth, the quad loop, which Orser called "a work in progress," is a wild card.

One 3A has been sacrificed. (Insert Verdi's Requiem)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
New stuff from the article.

Quote:
The lutz is off the table now. Hanyu's free skate quads most likely will be two salchows and two toe loops. A fifth, the quad loop, which Orser called "a work in progress," is a wild card.

One 3A has been sacrificed. (Insert Verdi's Requiem)

This makes sense for him not to do the quad lutz. He can still score high with 4 quads but I think he is better off doing 4L, 4S, 4T, and a 4S or 4T, so he can leave room to do his two 3As which are more reliable than his quads. Of course, if the quad loop isn't working then he'll have to do 2 4S and 2 4T to try to keep up with Nathan/Shoma/Boyang's content.

It would be unfortunate if he didn't bring the quad loop because he's had some success with it this quadrennial and it gives him a better shot to win against those doing the hard quads.

da96103

Record Breaker
Yuzu's FS layout can be deduced

3Lo/4Lo
4S + 3T/2T
4S
4T + 1Lo + 3S
4T
3A
3Lz
3F
(3T/2T combo tag on any of the remaining single jumps)

da96103

Record Breaker
This makes sense for him not to do the quad lutz. He can still score high with 4 quads but I think he is better off doing 4L, 4S, 4T, and a 4S or 4T, so he can leave room to do his two 3As which are more reliable than his quads. Of course, if the quad loop isn't working then he'll have to do 2 4S and 2 4T to try to keep up with Nathan/Shoma/Boyang's content.

It would be unfortunate if he didn't bring the quad loop because he's had some success with it this quadrennial and it gives him a better shot to win against those doing the hard quads.

In an earlier article, Orser said alll jumps except 4Lz is okay. This article says now 4Lo is now work in progress.
(Insert Bach's Unser Herrscher)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Yuzu's FS layout can be deduced

3Lo/4Lo
4S + 3T/2T
4S
4T + 1Lo + 3S
4T
3A
3Lz
3F
(3T/2T combo tag on any of the remaining single jumps)

The layouts he's working on have to be based on what he already does, not something that needs even more change, so the 3F is nowhere near the end. So they're basically:
4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 3A1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz
4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz

or if 4Lo is lacking consistency:
4S 3Lo 3F // 4S3T 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz

da96103

Record Breaker
The layouts he's working on have to be based on what he already does, not something that needs even more change, so the 3F is nowhere near the end. So they're basically:

Sorry xeyra, was just listing out jumps, not really listing them in sequence, thanks for putting them as they appear in the program.

da96103

Record Breaker

Now can be seen clearly the 6th jump pass 4T and 8th jump pass 3Lz are ambulances for any botched combos.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Now can be seen clearly the 6th jump pass 4T and 8th jump pass 3Lz are ambulances for any botched combos.

3Lz will probably be in an ambulance considering his history with that jump. :slink:
Just kidding, it'll be fine!

noskates

Record Breaker
I will wait to see what he actually does. I still think Orser is in "spin" mode. Has anyone actually seen Hanyu doing these jumps lately?