Russian Nationals Younger Age | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals Younger Age

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
(I edited this post to add the main info in first post - AlexRus)

Russian Nationals Younger Age (Zhuk Memorial) 13-17 Mar 2018, Tyumen.
It is most important competition for pre-Junior boys and girls. Especially for boys and girls who are eligible to JGP next season, medalists are treated as pretenders to JGP Events.
Only singles, two age groups - Elder age 11-12 years old, Younger age 10 and younger.
Three parts - Elements, SP, FS.
Elements include Jump Combo (two attempts, counted is best), Solo Jump (two attempts, counted is best), StSq, Combo Spin.
SP and FS for younger group are like to Advanced Novice, for elder group to Junior, with minor differences.

Homepage http://www.fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniy...evushek-i-yunoshej-mladshij-vozrast-2018.html
Schedule http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/c...amma1718_competition_schedule_upd06032018.pdf
Entries-Results http://fsrussia.ru/results/1718/mlvozr/index.htm

Livestream may be found here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7IvcuUJ4AH19WO4Om-44JA
(38Studio)
Videos can be found at https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVG9wCWOS6NbuRrQxMvAnzA

Time Tyumen UTC +5, to have Moscow time extract 2 hours.
14 Mar
11:00-14:15 - Younger Girls, Elements
14:30-17:45 - Younger Boys, Elements
18:00-21:45 - Elder Boys, Elements

15 Mar
10:00-13:15 - Elder Girls, Elements
13:30-16:30 - Younger Girls, SP
16:45-19:45 - Younger Boys, SP
20:00-23:00 - Elder Boys, SP

16 Mar
10:00-13:30 - Younger Girls, FS
13:55-17:45 - Younger Boys, FS
18:00-21:10 - Elder Girls, SP

17 Mar
10:00-13:30 - Elder Boys, FS
13:50-17:20 - Elder Girls, FS

===
Qualifiers are this week :)
Let's start this thread up!

Last edited by a moderator:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
If they won't stream this event it will be a crime of the year... So many superstars at one event. Just sensational... :dbana:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss the first bunch of groups. I hope I'll at least be home in time to catch a few of the more interesting performances.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Sofia Akatieva, Sofia Samodelkina, Ksenia Melkumova and Varvara Navarenko. And also... Irina Berestovskaya? :think:

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder how they select the pairs who will be competing at the nationals of elder age. They don’t seem to have any qualifying competition for that.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I wonder how they select the pairs who will be competing at the nationals of elder age. They don’t seem to have any qualifying competition for that.

That's a good question. [emoji848] I didn't hear and haven't seen any novice pair. But it would be cool to watch them. I saw only one cute and promising pair (brother and sister). Need to check the previous competition of 2017. [emoji848]

It just seems like they are only creating pairs of already 13-15 yo girls and 20-60 yo men. That's why we can't see the novices and pre-novices!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just checked the same competition of 2015 year and it's so interesting and strange to see such results... Just three years ago but it looks like Egyptian history... A mystery girl Alexandra Stepanova, who took the third place, and then something went wrong, and she is gone... Such a sensational scores from Trusova and Tarakanova. Raising of Mitrofanova and Solovyova... So sad. We should take a lesson of this.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
That's a good question. [emoji848] I didn't hear and haven't seen any novice pair. But it would be cool to watch them. I saw only one cute and promising pair (brother and sister). Need to check the previous competition of 2017. [emoji848]

It just seems like they are only creating pairs of already 13-15 yo girls and 20-60 yo men. That's why we can't see the novices and pre-novices!
now this would be interesting! :laugh: :laugh:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Looks like in - Younger age SP Girls and Boys not allowed to jump 3+3
Just 3+2, 2+3, 2+2;

:think:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I'll need a mod to do that. I don't have that power :)

Does anyone know why there's no 3-3s allowed?

hanca

Record Breaker

I guess, in a country where they have so many junior pairs, they don’t need to have novices because one can get from nothing to junior world medallist within one year. All medallists from last years junior worlds were new pairs.

tars

Record Breaker
I didn't know kids this young do pairs!
Isn't it dangerous for the boy to lift a partner at such young age? :eek: