Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 104 of 104

Thread: Canada takes Team gold

  1. #91
    On the Ice Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    35,533
    Country: United States of America

    6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Now let's hear it for the Italians!

    I was especially impressed by Matteo Rizzo, a skater that I had not really paid much attention to in the past. He laid down two captivating performances.
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-15-2018 at 06:49 PM.

  2. #92
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,764
    Country: United States of America

    12 Not allowed!
    I'm glad someone upthread mentioned Meghan. I thought the scene when Aliona and Bruno found out they had won the gold medal was one of the best so far. ALL the other pairs teams were happy for them and congratulated them sincerely. But Meghan was the first to jump up and hug Aliona and I was very impressed with her sportsmanship. She and Eric had to have been disappointed and yet sportsmanship won out.

  3. #93
    All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,614
    Country: United States of America

    6 Not allowed!
    although the Italians didn't medal, I was so proud of Matteo Rizzo and Marchei/Hotarek! they did so well!

  4. #94
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,378
    Country: Canada

    6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I'm glad someone upthread mentioned Meghan. I thought the scene when Aliona and Bruno found out they had won the gold medal was one of the best so far. ALL the other pairs teams were happy for them and congratulated them sincerely. But Meghan was the first to jump up and hug Aliona and I was very impressed with her sportsmanship. She and Eric had to have been disappointed and yet sportsmanship won out.
    Nah, she was jumping up and down on the podium in the third spot, giddy with joy. And she was absolutely over the moon saying "I'm so proud of you!" and holding Aljona, who was just convulsing because she was so incredibly happy. In a National Post interview she said she was happy for S/M and flat-out said of Aljona, "she is my idol!"

    But yes, people can say what they want about Meagan but being a bad sport isn't one of those things.

    And on their Instagram profiles and stories D/R were all posting happy pics and gushing with pride and joy for not just themselves but for the others as well. They gambled on doing 4 programs in a week and pulled it off. A complete set of medals (including the team silver from Sochi) is definitely something to be proud of.

  5. #95
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,646
    Country: Canada

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Nah, she was jumping up and down on the podium in the third spot, giddy with joy. And she was absolutely over the moon saying "I'm so proud of you!" and holding Aljona, who was just convulsing because she was so incredibly happy. In a National Post interview she said she was happy for S/M and flat-out said of Aljona, "she is my idol!"

    But yes, people can say what they want about Meagan but being a bad sport isn't one of those things.
    That's awesome to get to share an Olympic podium with one's idol, let alone compete on the same ice as them!

  6. #96
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,182

    3 Not allowed!
    A great big congratulation to Team Canada on winning the Team Gold Medal. Congratulations to all the skaters from other countries that won a medal and Good Luck to those who are left to skate..🐎🐎.

  7. #97
    GS Supporter
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    25
    Country: Netherlands

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Don't go! If you find a poster to be annoying, just put him on "ignore" and you won't even see his posts.

    And congratulations on Netherlands' speed skating medals.
    Don't worry. I'm not off the forum. I followed your suggestion and am still on here. Though ( except for this response) not on this thread.

  8. #98
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,640
    Country: United States of America

    5 Not allowed!
    If anyone wants, I think a thread to discuss proposed changes to the team event rules are in order. I think it is a subject worth discussing, but not in this thread.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-15-2018 at 06:14 PM.

  9. #99
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,146
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    If anyone wants, I think a thread to discuss proposed changes to the team event rules are in order. I think it is a subject worth discussing, but not in this thread.
    I absolutely agree. It should have been done when the first veered off course.

    And maybe another (separate) one for the alternative-reality re-run of this event.

  10. #100
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,640
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!
    CSG or BOP, please start a thread of your very own on this subject? I will be happy to move your posts to it.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-15-2018 at 06:44 PM.

  11. #101
    Tripping on the Podium chopinskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    666

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    CSG or BOP, please start a thread of your very own on this subject? I will be happy to move your posts to it.
    I'll make one. I'm interested in this topic.

    ETA: done.

  12. #102
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,640
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Here is chopinskate' s thread for discussing team event rules:
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ange-the-Rules

  13. #103
    Celebrating Golden Skate's 18th Anniversary gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    6,223

    0 Not allowed!
    Just a note that this thread was meant to recap the Team Event and discuss all the teams Sorry if there was any confusion. See original post with link.

  14. #104
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,146
    Country: Canada

    3 Not allowed!
    Also, congratulations to Bychenko, who gave his all and seized his opportunity to shine on the smaller stage of the team event. His performance could have been lost in the crowd at the individual event, but really stood out in the smaller team event. Bravo!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •