Triple Axel launches Nagasu into history | Golden Skate

Triple Axel launches Nagasu into history

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
DON'T GIVE UP!
I think something needs to be said for Mirai's perseverance, commitment and down right grit. She has had some very rough patches in her career but she stuck to it and fought long and hard to get to where she is right now. It is such a display of character. No one in a million years will ever be able to take last night away from her. She was clearly the shinning star of the evening. A household name from now on.

How easy it could have been for her to give up after 2014. Followed by troubled skate after troubled skate. I am just so impressed with her. Give it up for Mirai!! :clap:

Manitou

Medalist
Last four years I have been rooting for Mirai. Every competition she was in. Last Nationals I didn't care about anything, except her qualifying to the Olympics. Well, also H/D beating Shibs...
Now, I don't want to jinx, but what the heck, I don't think I have a power to jinx anything across half of the world. I wish for only five things this Olympics:
- Mirai with medal after delivering a skate of her life.
- Medvedeva gold and Zagitova silver.
- Mikaela Shifrin at least one gold
- P/C gold in dances
- Kamil Stoch with gold

If those are granted then it will be a happy Olympics.

withwings

On the Ice
DON'T GIVE UP!
I think something needs to be said for Mirai's perseverance, commitment and down right grit. She has had some very rough patches in her career but she stuck to it and fought long and hard to get to where she is right now. It is such a display of character. No one in a million years will ever be able to take last night away from her. She was clearly the shinning star of the evening. A household name from now on.

How easy it could have been for her to give up after 2014. Followed by troubled skate after troubled skate. I am just so impressed with her. Give it up for Mirai!! :clap:

Then what you would say about Ross Minor, who did not qualify for the 2014 Olympics and DID EVRYTHING to be qualifies for 2018?? Don't give up.... ha! He was treated with inexcusable disrespect and deserves much more attention than Mirai. Then what you would say about Ashley who was eaten alive as a "cause" for poor Mirai not getting to the Olympics but, in Ross case- silence ( and thanks to God that no one attacked to anyone). And, by the way, it was a blessing in disguise for Mirai not to get to the Olympics in 2014 ( and I doubt she was ready); if not this then she would never ever would have made any progress. Ross...oh, I am not American, but my heart was in pain to see the psychological abuse he got, and I am sure that the wounds of that psychological abuse will stay with him for a longer time.
Mirai is a lovely person, and it is what attracts people more than her skating.

Agreed! What a wonderful moment in these Olympic games thus far. I've always admired her skating and graceful touch to her moves. To me. her 3A was by far, prettier and had better form than the other women who have done 3A's. Didn't see any leg wrap in Mirai's jump.

Now I would love to find a video showing her entire program of the team event and not just a replay of the 3A. Anybody have a lead as to where I could find it? Thank you, I appreciate it.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Agreed! What a wonderful moment in these Olympic games thus far. I've always admired her skating and graceful touch to her moves. To me. her 3A was by far, prettier and had better form than the other women who have done 3A's. Didn't see any leg wrap in Mirai's jump.

Now I would love to find a video showing her entire program of the team event and not just a replay of the 3A. Anybody have a lead as to where I could find it? Thank you, I appreciate it.

Sshh.. don't tell anyone.
https://vk.com/videos-99627412

Hope it works.

Thank you so much! How great to see her so happy. The human spirit, toil, and perseverance(word of the day OP!) is here for us all to see. For just a tiny moment, all's right with the world...:hap93:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
So proud of mirai! Ive been one of her biggest fans so exciting to see her do well!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Then what you would say about Ross Minor, who did not qualify for the 2014 Olympics and DID EVRYTHING to be qualifies for 2018?? Don't give up.... ha!

I say that if you don't give up, you might still fail, but you might also gain other things that may help you in life.

If you do give up, then you definitely will fail.

brightphoton

Medalist
"To be left off the [2014] team, it was definitely not a blessing in disguise. But I took that heartbreak and made the decision to change myself, and become more responsible, and want to improve." - Mirai

Amei

Record Breaker
Last four years I have been rooting for Mirai. Every competition she was in. Last Nationals I didn't care about anything, except her qualifying to the Olympics. Well, also H/D beating Shibs...
Now, I don't want to jinx, but what the heck, I don't think I have a power to jinx anything across half of the world. I wish for only five things this Olympics:
- Mirai with medal after delivering a skate of her life.
- Medvedeva gold and Zagitova silver.
- Mikaela Shifrin at least one gold
- P/C gold in dances
- Kamil Stoch with gold

If those are granted then it will be a happy Olympics.

If she lands the triple axel cleanly at least once and the rest of her skate and the other program are not messy or UR, I could seem her being a bronze medalist.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
If she lands the triple axel cleanly at least once and the rest of her skate and the other program are not messy or UR, I could seem her being a bronze medalist.

Does she have a 3A in her short program?

kwanfan4

Rinkside
Michelle indeed is a Legend!!! Still my fav skater of all time. The Greatest skater never to win Olympic gold and the MOST decorated US skater. I still watch some of her programs on youtube. After Michell Mirai became my fav skater. She did a fantastic job at the 2010 Olympics. Last night I watched her skate, holding my breath, and when she completed her 3 axel I jumped up off the coach and screamed"YES". My dog looked at me like I was nuts. I will be watching her short and long programs the same way. GO GET IT MIRAI!!!I am so proud of her.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Some ppl at work were talking about her today, a prime example of how hard work, determination and never giving up when you really want something pays off! :hap10:

ks777

Record Breaker
Yeah every local news channel here in Seattle were mentioning Mirai's 3axel. Also the ladies on the View were talking about Mirai today.

charlotte14

Medalist
I think with a strict panel that 3A might be called UR but since she did land all the jumps they gave it to her? I think even so she deserved the 2nd skate of the night. Truly a great story.