Skaters programs next season (your opinion) | Golden Skate

Skaters programs next season (your opinion)

Not too early to start this, with the Olympics burning through three events already.

What kind of programs would you like your favourites to skate to next time and why?

It would be fun to see the music we come up with for them, but I also want to know what kind of programs you think would suit skaters the best in terms of personality and style. Would you help them build upon what they already have, or would you challenge them with something out of their comfort zone in the hope that they improve?

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I think it wold be really cool (not that I think this would ever happen) but for Nathan and Shoma to trade program styles for a program or two to challenge themselves.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love for McNamara/Carpenter to skate to "Hello I Love You" and "People are Strange" by the Doors for their FD. I think they can pull it off given their quirky style. And of course their acting while they do programs is great. I know this isn't music discussion, but given the music, I could very well see them do a FD to it. They would be able to loosen up. I love this team, but this season, they seemed a bit tense. So like I said, it would be nice too see them loosen up.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Is it a cop-out to say "something that makes them happy and fired up to skate"?

I do have a few pieces I've always wanted someone to skate to (In The Mood For Love soundtrack springs to mind), but I wouldn't want them to do it if they didn't connect with the music.

That said I hope someone I like does a Shape of Water program next season ;) and that maybe Alina Zagitova will inspire a few more skaters to use Moonlight.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd like to see Max do the main theme from "The Greatest Showman", it's very lively and fun, just like him and has a good solid beat. Plus I reckon he'd look great in a stylised tailcoat.

I wonder if he'd be up for reviving the Bullfighter now that the Season of Death is over?

I'd like to see Jason and/or Brendan take on a latin theme.

epicdreamer

Rinkside
this season isn't even over yet but I'm honestly so excited for next season! this Olympic year has felt so long and I can't wait to see what comes next for everyone, so much so that i don't really know any specificities with what programs I want to see from which people but I just can't wait to see what new things they'll bring!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Dance

I'd like to see the Parsons do something fun and upbeat. Their hip hop program worked quite well for them I thought, and since Tango Romantica might not be the best fit for them, they'll want something that suits them in the free. Maybe something like Can’t Hold Us (Macklemore), Please Don’t Stop the Music (Rihanna), or Dynamite (Taio Cruz).

Pairs

For Kayne/O'Shea, maybe something more upbeat and sassy than their programs this year. I think she'd do well with that.

For Cain/Leduc, I wouldn't mind seeing them try something more classic and balletic - could have some great lines. I think that would work for him for sure.

I'd enjoy something a bit sultry from Stellato/Bartholomay. Maybe a tango. Classic.

Men

When Nicolas Nadeau retires that fabulous Elvis program, I have so many ideas for him. I think he could do really well with something from Prince (maybe Little Red Corvette). Maybe a Bond program if he wants something a bit more different - a bit over done yes, but his programs always have such strong characters so it could work well. And he'd kill You'll Be Back from Hamilton. Definitely something character-driven.

Ladies

For Gabby Daleman, maybe something from Wonder Woman, like what her Gladiator should have been.

For Evgenia, I'd love to see her do something upbeat and fun - maybe K-pop.

Shoma Uno:

SP: He said he likes the movie Kimi no Na Wa, so here's something modern, fresh, and something he'd likely flourish with: Theme of Mitsuha
FS: It's something more challenging for him. I think he can add something to it, though: Adios Nonino

Sui/Han:

SP: Just because they can add a lot to it: Feeling Good by Nina Simone

Leppis

On the Ice
Shoma Uno:

SP: He said he likes the movie Kimi no Na Wa, so here's something modern, fresh, and something he'd likely flourish with: Theme of Mitsuah
FS: It's something more challenging for him. I think he can add something to it, though: Adios Nonino

Sui/Han:

SP: Just because they can add a lot to it: Feeling Good by Nina Simone

OMG, this would be great.

I'm gonna take time later today to answer this. Great topic!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I'd like to see someone attempt the score of the Netflix series The Crown, such powerful notes that have potential to add some memorable moments! I could see Evgenia pulling that off easily.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Marin Honda skating to The Lark Ascending, I would cry. Also, Satoko Miyahara skating to Dark Eyes (Sasha Cohen's SP music) and Junhwan Cha skating to Moonlight Sonata :luv17:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel shallow saying this but I'd like Dima Aliev to continue doing programs that allow him to wear costumes like his SP, he the Russian Prince! :D

I kinda want T/M to go full-out emo in their short program...people say they're still looking for their style, might as well try 'em all out!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I want to see Evgenia do Schindler's List or Swan Lake. Alternatively, a song like "Stronger" or "Hall of Fame"
I want to see Alina do Dark Eyes or Sentimental Waltz.
I want to see S/H do Feeling Good by Nina Simone
I want to see Mirai doing something from Chicago or West Side Story.
I want to see Pavliuchenko/Khodykin doing Sleeping Beauty or Swan Lake.
I want to see Kaori do something from the Harry Potter soundtrack.
I want to see T/M doing something to either Defying Gravity and/or Let It Go :biggrin:
I want to see Panenkova doing something to the Shibs' SD music this season!
I want to see Kostornaya doing Chopin
I want to see Trusova doing Capriccio Espagnol
I want to see Tsurskaya doing Libertango
I want to see Tarakanova doing something from this piece called "Danzon n. 2" link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeWiixwEz4
I want to see Shcherbakova doing something like her pan-flute SP from last year, or possibly Shcherezade

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see Shoma do another quirky and modern thing like "Legends" for his SP. I wish he could do another tango, but maybe it's too soon since he did "Loco" for the 2016-2017 season.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Next year, I would like every skater to choose music they haven't done before. That is all.

pearly

Record Breaker
James/Cipres: Bohemian Rhapsody.
Tarasova/Morozov: Jazz Suite Waltz no 2 by Shostakovich or Masquerade Waltz by Khachaturian. A classical concerto or symphony for the free. Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Brahms.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I hope Tarasova and Morozov finally realize their true strength lies in warhorse programs and showcase something like that. No more Jazzercise or awkward pop songs that make them look slow when they are some of the fastest skaters out there! I wonder if Rach's 3rd piano concerto using all three movements (not just the popular one in the third skaters like to use) would showcase them well. Or Shoshtakovich's 10th symphony, but it's very heavy and dramatic if they want to go that route.

A/R and Ashley Wagner both used it, but I think La La Land might be good if they choose to remain in the "fun" zone of the skating music spectrum. They used it as part of the group finale at WTT 2017 and Evgenia especially looked like she was having the time of her life doing it!