Loena Hendrickx a queen of the next quad? | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx a queen of the next quad?

Grin

Medalist
I think Loena did really well. She is only 18, but she is already an artist on ice.
IMO, she is the ray of light and hope for Europe. I hope her coaches, and her family take good care of her and do the right things for her future. I think she is next Carolina Kostner, hope she has better results in the future

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Queen Loena!! I really do love her. Besides the Russians, she'll be the leading European lady once Kostner retires, maybe alongside Dastich if she can ever skate clean??

GGFan

Record Breaker
That short program made me a believer. :clap: Looking forward to seeing her develop.

anyanka

Record Breaker
She's fab and needs a coaching change. Someone to motivate and kick her butt. I think she could be the one who could break through as the token non-Russian at the top of the pile in the European championships. Otherwise it'll just be Eteri's students trading places on the podium over the next quad.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think this would be so cool. Imagine a gold medal contender from Belgium? My small fed loving heart would explode and I'd be a constant bundle of nerves for her.

Grin

Medalist
I think this would be so cool. Imagine a gold medal contender from Belgium? My small fed loving heart would explode and I'd be a constant bundle of nerves for her.
I think in a perfect world there will be 20 or more contenders from different countries.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I really liked her performance at the Olympics as well! I think with a coaching change she really could be something special, even if that something is not a consistent gold medal threat. Do we have a more... realistic idea of where she might move for coaching than Brian Orser? He may be the wondercoach, but I highly doubt we'll see him taking new students any time soon.

Grin

Medalist
I really liked her performance at the Olympics as well! I think with a coaching change she really could be something special, even if that something is not a consistent gold medal threat. Do we have a more... realistic idea of where she might move for coaching than Brian Orser? He may be the wondercoach, but I highly doubt we'll see him taking new students any time soon.

May be papa Mishin or Stefan Lambiel?

Skye

On the Ice
I can certainly see Loena as a podium contender at Euros in the next quad. Same with Emmi Peltonen.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hendricksx was great! Really a standout for me. I hope she continues to dazzle and contends for podium finishes during the upcoming quad.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I couldn't agree more. I haven't been paying attention to Loena and then in the Olympics SP, I was like, "Wow! Who is this girl? And where did she come from?!" She has so much potential and her jumps are fantastic when they are landed well. And hey, Madonna's "Frozen"? Brilliant choice!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Loena did very well at the EU championships (she was fifth), and has real potential. However, like in the Netherlands, Fed money does not go to Figure Skating. Speed skating gets more in The Netherlands, as does Short Track - while in Belgium I'm not even sure about the funding of speed skating. Loena and her brother very much have to handle things on their own. That their mother was present, was due to a succesfull crowd funding exercise. Jorik and Loena are very good at getting funds from crowd sources, but obviously it does distract from what they should be doing: skating. I admire both of them very much, and am really pleased to see Loena even getting some attention here. They're both lovely people too, knowing where their weaknesses lie and not making excuses for them. I love it that they both did well.

SkaterX

On the Ice
IMO, she is the ray of light and hope for Europe.

I see what you did there ;) #madonna

Seriously though I just love Loena and I think she has so much potential. I am obsessed with her SP. That was my fav Madonna album growing up.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
For a coaching change instead of sending everyone and their mothers to Orser, I think she could do well with Michael Huth, Carolina's coach. Apparently Carolina wants to keep going after worlds too so that could be a good motivation for both of them to practice together. He is also based in Obersdorf so she could stay in Europe and not be too far from Belgium and her family.

For the person mentionning Emmi Peltonen, agreed as well. Both Loena and Emmi have something special, I've been into their skating since last year Euros and JGP actually.