The Dreaded 2022 Predictions | Golden Skate

The Dreaded 2022 Predictions

eriecold

On the Ice
There's a thread from 2014 with 2018 predictions, just for fun. I did have a ball reading it 4 years later, so, for posterity, time machine and for people in 2022 mocking us at our lack of divination abilities, (and nothing else because only one person mentioned P/C and nobody expected V/M to return), what do you think will happen at the podium in Beijing? :popcorn::popcorn:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
There's a thread from 2014 with 2018 predictions, just for fun. I did have a ball reading it 4 years later, so, for posterity, time machine and for people in 2022 mocking us at our lack of divination abilities, (and nothing else because only one person mentioned P/C and nobody expected V/M to return), what do you think will happen at the podium in Beijing? :popcorn::popcorn:

Can you please share the link to that thread? I need a good laugh too.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Who got the P/C part right? That is some impressive prognostication.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, here's to hoping that #1 is Anna Shcherbakova and #2 is Alexandra Trusova for Ladies.

pearly

Record Breaker
Ladies: Ashley Wagner

You need to chill out and take your issues elsewhere. You'll honestly feel better if you let it go a bit. I can't imagine going on about my day thinking about someone I dislike so much.

I hope we will still be watching:

Sui/Han
Tarasova/Morozov but with better programs

Shoma

Both Evgenia and Alina four years older and artistically more developed
Alena Kostornaya
Marin Honda
Rika Kihira
Gabby Daleman
Emmi Peltonen

Papadakis/Cizeron
Hubbel/Donohue
Stepanova/Bukin
Weaver/Poje
Plus the Danish ice dancers who I hope will be eligible in four years.

VenusHalley

Final Flight

A girl from Eteri camp wins with falling all over ice on attempting 7 backloaded quads. Lands three of them, although she stumbles on quad loop quite a bit. She wears Alina's old tutu.

Carolina ends fourth, wearing neon yellow bejewelled cat suit, being EXTREMELY artistic.

Evgenia attempts a comeback, but again ends second.

Sui and Han win thanks to yet to be discovered element. They get married after the medal ceremony. Couple from a country with overall back grasp of English language skates to Nick Minaj mix. It is so inappropriate, it causes overhaul of the ISU rules.

Upcoming male skater attempts a qiunt, but results in crashing and causing outrageous damage on the ice ring.

Ice dance is won by number is sexy and steamy that TV channels who air it in prime time get fined. Heavily.

(just having fun.)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay..

Sui/Han for pairs, P/C for Dance, A Russian for Ladies (I'm not even going to try and guess this one so I'm cheating and saying a Russian) and Boyang Jin. Oh.. and my total wild card pick: China will win a team medal.

You need to chill out and take your issues elsewhere. You'll honestly feel better if you let it go a bit. I can't imagine going on about my day thinking about someone I dislike so much.

Joke man. Look at my other response.

I guess humour is harder to translate when you take issue with someone's behaviour prior to this?

pearly

Record Breaker
Joke man. Look at my other response.

I guess humour is harder to translate when you take issue with someone's behaviour prior to this?

Yes, I actually caught some of your responses in the Alina thread but wasn't gonna get into it.

MiRé

Match Penalty
A girl from Eteri camp wins with falling all over ice on attempting 7 backloaded quads. Lands three of them, although she stumbles on quad loop quite a bit. She wears Alina's old tutu.

Carolina makes ends fourth, wearing neon yellow bejewelled cat suit, being EXTREMELY artistic.

Evgenia attempts a comeback, but again ends second.

Sui and Han win thanks to yet to be discovered element. They get married after the medal ceremony. Couple from a country with overall back grasp of English language skates to Nick Minaj mix. It is so inappropriate, it causes overhaul of the ISU rules.

Upcoming male skater attempts a quad, but results in crashing and causing outrageous damage on the ice ring.

Ice dance is won by number is sexy and steamy that TV channels who air it in prime time get fined. Heavily.

(just having fun.)

Both Olympics AND Euros :giveup:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Hit me up in March of 2022 and I'll let you know my predictions :biggrin:

Ladies: Alena Kostornaia :pray:
Men: Yazunori Hanyu :dev3:
Dance: P/C
Pairs: T/M (I want S/H though)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
The 2014 predictions look like a joke in hindsight, which means anything we guess now will likely not happen.

4 years is a long time. It's better to make predictions 2 years into the quad. Plus, for every quad there will be a Zagitova, emerging in final season to snatch everyone else's wigs.