The Dreaded 2022 Predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Dreaded 2022 Predictions

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
Ice dance: Papadakis/Cizeron
Pairs: Sui/Han
Men: Nathan Chen
Ladies: Wakaba Higuchi

(roughly in increasing order of wild guess)

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu and Ondrej Hotarek, Pairs team for the OGM. They will win with the first ever Quint throw jumps and a quint twist. Valentina will be their coach ���� Pooh will be assistant coach.

Doesn't life imitate art? This could be Blades of Glory but acted out in real life!!

Also, Misha Ge will choreograph.

sarama

Medalist
Going with my guts and pick my potential podium finishers

Ice dance: I have a feeling (and hope) a lot is going to change in 4 years
- Carreira/Ponomarenko
- Pap/Ciz
- a North American team born from the ashes of other teams
* honorable mention for the epic Elena/Nikita comeback if they end up going for it

Ladies:
- Kihira
- some baby girl from Eteri's camp (rooting for Sherbakova or Kostornaya)
- Young You

Men
- Boyang
- Vincent
- Dima

Pairs
- Sui/Han (this REALLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN)
- Julianne/Charlie
- Tarasova/Morozov

MIM

Medalist
Eteri gets motivated by Tom Dickson’s interview on TSL, hires him as a team choreographer (like Chinese team does wth Lori Nicole) and “bakes that MUSICALITY into their program.”

Boyang, Nathan, and Vincent skate Asian themed programs and stand on the podium in a whichever order, congratulating each other in Chinese.

Pairs event will be shaken by this super-monster North Korean team that Meghan mentioned in her interview with TSL; a potential team with a (single) girl who can land all triples and a (single) guy who can land a quad and a 3a, the rest in unknown..

Finally Marie-France will sweep the podium with her dancers..

karakaka

Rinkside
Ladies podium will be one South Korean, one Eteri-girl (Kostornaia, please?), and Rika Kihira, in some order. US ladies will do even worse placements-wise than in 2018.

Boyang wins OGM. The two other spots are between Nathan, Jun Hwan, Vincent, and Dmitri. Hanyu doesn't go.

S/H return to Bridge Over Troubled Water for their FS and win OGM; they retire the same year. T/M & S/B win the other two medals. Ryom/Kim make the top 10, and possibly the top 5.

P/C win. H/B on the podium, and the third medal goes to another North American team.

whatif

Medalist
I am more interested in the three years leading to the Olympics. Are we going to have a domination by one skater in Ladies?
Or is it going to be a revolving door?

Ziotic

Medalist
I am more interested in the three years leading to the Olympics. Are we going to have a domination by one skater in Ladies?
Or is it going to be a revolving door?

Revolving, whoever the new Eteri senior of the season is.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Holy... I remember one of my predictions I made in that 2018 crazy predictions thread. I said that Sui/Han would lose to Aliona and Bruno in 2018.

Holy effing hell.

I also said that they would be second in 2022, but I didn't know the Games would be in Beiijing at that time. I said they would win in 2026 being another Chinese pair known for longevity and romantic relationship.

I really hope this part also comes true. I don't care about the romance so much, it's probably not happening anyway but I want them to win Gold, but already in Beiijing.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The dance podium is going to include McNamara/Carpenter and/or Parsons/Parsons (Sorry I had to. :biggrin: )

Pairs: Redemption for Sui/Han. Redemption for Tarasova/Morozov. I'm going to be totally bold and say that the USA will make its return to the podium for the first time since 1988 with Liu/Johnson.

Ladies: I want Evgenia to win gold and get redemption. But Trusova potentially landing ratified quads.....oh baby if she does it and does so regularly, more power to her. Or Rika Kihira with more 3As....

Men: I want Boyang Jin to medal. That's all I'm asking for as of right now.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I doubt that any of the current Russian wonderbabes will be OGM in 2022. The 2022 OGM will be a Russian wonderbabe not on the radar now because she is too young....

bobbob

Medalist
Ice dancing is usually pretty stagnant, so I would say P/C have a very high chance of winning barring injury or unexpected events. The other disciplines are not as predictable. Pairs Sui/Han are probably more likely to win at home than anyone else, but I wouldn't say they are more likely than not too win, way too early. Ladies and men are even more unpredictable. I have no idea!

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I think Hubbell/Donahue are going to give P/C a run for their money come 2022. My spidey senses are just tingling ...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Like Aljona, Kostner will win gold in her 5th olympics, at 35yo. With two triples and six doubles. She will get +5 GOE on each element and 85 PCS (There will be a bonus like in Russians domestics competitions, for her "high quality crossovers" like Jackie Wong said)

tars

Record Breaker
Ladies podium will be one South Korean, one Eteri-girl (Kostornaia, please?), and Rika Kihira, in some order. US ladies will do even worse placements-wise than in 2018.
I think it's very likely considering a rise of female talents in Yuna's shadow in Korea - somebody of trinity of Lim, Young and Kim should survive till 2022.
Japan has been stamping excellence in ladies category for some time already - new talents for sure emerge, but Rika Kihira is sick good and hopefully Marin is going to work this quad like a horse and be ready.
Russians, well... Eteri is gaining more and more experience with every year and medal - hopefully she'll perfect her training process and find a golden compromise between excellence and safety of the skaters. Women's quad jumps are coming for sure.

My dream podium would be Shcherbakova, Honda and Eunsoo in no specific order. :love:

It would also be great for the sport to have three countries up at the top. :thumbsup:

blackey

On the Ice
Dance: Carreira/Ponomarenko and Lajoie/Lagha for the podium.

Ladies: Marin Honda and Young You

Men: Gogo for gold :love: and Dima on the podium

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Men: Hanyu

Women:A 14 y/o Russian jumping bean who can do quads and 3/axels and puts all her jumps in the last 12 seconds of her program.

:p