Laura Barquero & Aritz Maestu | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Laura Barquero & Aritz Maestu

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
During the nationals of Spain was commented that they would be able to be in the Top 10 in Euros, well, seventh place :clap:

Even during the nationals some commentators in Spain knew or could forsee the reduced pairs field at the Europeans. :biggrin: Otherwise if it were 15-16 pairs it would have been very difficult for the Spanish team to make Top 10.

Anyway congratulations for Laura and Aritz and huge thanks for bringing 2 spots for Spain. We'll probably see one more Spanish pairs team if Dorota and Pedro get minimal TES.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
And the possibility of a third team: Tom Cónsul came back from Canada this season, where he was training. The last I heard was that he was looking for a partner, but I'm not sure what his status is right now.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Aritz had a surgery four weeks ago, they expect one year of recuperation. In the now deleted tweet from Hieloespanol they said that doctors recommeded he quits competitive sports...
They announced their split. :sad21::sad21: I really hope that Laura continues and finds a new partner quickly and keeps on representing Spain.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Such sad news to hear them end their partnership due to injury. I really enjoyed their skating, there was a lovely quality to it. I was glad to see them earn some podium places last season, a nice reward for all their hard work.

I wish Aritz a speedy recovery and that Laura finds a new partner. It was nice to see a pair from a different coming through.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I saw the news on Facebook ... Aritz proved to be a great athlete, despite everything he never gave up and by partnering with Laura he gave Spain a place in pairs category in tournaments not only challenge also GP and worlds, a quick recovery for Aritz, he will be missed in the competitions :(

Many successes for Laura (please keep skating :pray: )

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Laura has paired up with Ton Consul Vivar! They'll be training in Italy. It's great that she's found a partner and that they can represent Spain. I have to admit I don't know anything about Ton but according to ISU bios he skated in juniors with Isabella Gamez up until the 2017/2018 season, they trained in Montreal..., seems he didn't skate in the last season and has returned now.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Hieloespanol talked with Aritz... they tweeted that his knee surgery went very well, he's doing physiotherapy now. They'll wait a few month to see if everything is ok and if he can return to competitive skating... :) Meanwhile Laura is training with Ton (alongside Dorota Broda and Pedro Betegon).. I'm curious, will there be THREE Spanish senior pairs?!