Amina Atakhanova & Nikita Volodin | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Amina Atakhanova & Nikita Volodin

hanca

Record Breaker
Bad news, A/V has been replaced by Pepeleva/Pleshkov at JGP Austria.

I wonder if it is the injury that forced them to withdraw from the test skates.
The trouble is that Russia currently has quite a few junior pairs that are all pretty good, so if anyone is injured, the federation will easily replace them. And things won’t get any easier, because within a few years most of those junior pairs will meet in seniors. The situation reminds me the situation with ladies about seven years ago. At first it was only Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva who looked quite promising. Then it was every year someone new moved to seniors and now there are strong fields in juniors and seniors. I expect within five years there may be perhaps 8-10 very strong senior pairs and the senior nationals will be a real bloodbath.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hope the injury isn't serious. Speedy recovery to Amina; hope to see them make jr worlds.

starla16

Medalist
aw I was wondering why I havent seen them in any JGP events
can they still do for next year ? I think he will be 20 next year.

I was expecting them to challenge Mishina / Galliamov

paravolar

On the Ice
I watched the warm-up and she landed 2 throws. The first one was two-footed, but still better than what happened in competition. If she was really injured, why did they compete? Maybe she was just having a bad day...

Hamonrsa

On the Ice

The Finn

Record Breaker
I have been wondering why they haven't skated anywhere since the 1st stage of Russia Cup but I guess everything is fine now because it seems that they will skate at the Golden Spin of Zagreb.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108973.htm

I wonder if they are planning to skate at the 5th stage of Russia cup? They can't qualify for the senior nationals anymore because they haven't skated any domestic senior events but they can qualify for the junior nationals if they will skate at the last domestic cup event.