Aaron; Hawayek/Baker added to World team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Aaron; Hawayek/Baker added to World team

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
I agree....i understand that figure skating has soared in popularity in Asia, but, I think its starting to become so redundant that the huge events are mainly going to be held in Asia. I DONT MIND honestly. But it seems Europe is getting left behind in the hosting major events now.

I mean my guess is that because we had Helsinki and Milan after another now? but I feel like they should at least find a balance between like... one continent gets the GPF one gets worlds.. (and yes I'm aware I'm sort of ignoring the americas here)

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
I mean my guess is that because we had Helsinki and Milan after another now? but I feel like they should at least find a balance between like... one continent gets the GPF one gets worlds.. (and yes I'm aware I'm sort of ignoring the americas here)

LOL. I'm born and raised American, even I left out the Americas. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
GPF is in Vancouver in '19 and Worlds is in Montreal '20.

I think 4CC is in .. California? Chris was talking about it.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they retire.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Why would Miner and Brown decline?

Brown is said to being going through a coaching change and might not feel prepared enough.

With Ross it's probably a question of training. Has he been training? Has he retired?

anyanka

Record Breaker
GPF is in Vancouver in '19 and Worlds is in Montreal '20.

I think 4CC is in .. California? Chris was talking about it.

GPF is in Vancouver Dec. 2018, or 2018/19 season.

4CC 2019 is in ANAHEIM. Think about it: figure skating AND Disneyland in one big mega-trip. Anyone else all over this idea?!

Also looping in mrrice on this. :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
GPF is in Vancouver Dec. 2018, or 2018/19 season.

4CC 2019 is in ANAHEIM. Think about it: figure skating AND Disneyland in one big mega-trip. Anyone else all over this idea?!

Also looping in mrrice on this. :)

And also.. January in Ottawa is like the 9th circle of hell so I'd be all over it. Alas money...

But I am going to go to worlds in 2020 if it kills me.

anyanka

Record Breaker
And also.. January in Ottawa is like the 9th circle of hell so I'd be all over it. Alas money...

But I am going to go to worlds in 2020 if it kills me.

You're right about that January Ottawa weather. Yikes!

But yes to 2020 worlds in Montreal. Poutine will keep us warm.

nancela

Rinkside
I pretty much thought the same thing.

I don't know if the Shibs have been invited to DWTS, but on Wed. they were on "Live with Kelly and Ryan" and asked if they would do DWTS if asked. They said yes, if invited.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You're right about that January Ottawa weather. Yikes!

But yes to 2020 worlds in Montreal. Poutine will keep us warm.

I hope there will be a big meet up because Montreal is only 10hrs from NYC so that means a lot of eastern sea boarders might show up. I'm just hopeful the tickets don't sell out fast. If they do I wonder if some one else would be interested in splitting tickets with me because I'd most want to go to Pairs and Dance and I know a lot of people only like singles.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I don't know if the Shibs have been invited to DWTS, but on Wed. they were on "Live with Kelly and Ryan" and asked if they would do DWTS if asked. They said yes, if invited.

They're likely in contract negotiations right now. I looked at the timeline for DWTS in 2014 and Meryl and Charlie were unveiled as cast members on March 4, 2014, so the timing would be around right now for the Shibs, if they got it. With ABC also putting on the Oscars on Sunday this weekend, they might promote the cast this weekend with lots of commercials, or they'll wait until Monday or Tuesday next week to confirm the cast.

I also wouldn't be surprised if ABC leaned in with more skaters and potentially add Adam or Mirai to the cast. They'll already be attending so they might figure heavily in some of the pre-show events. My jaw would drop if ABC decides to cast, given the film on her life is up for a few major awards: Tonya Harding.

Sorry for the tangent, but let's watch their social media this weekend and see where the Shibs end up next.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Dang, I was looking forward to seeing them again. :sad21: Totally understandable choice of course and happy for H/B as well. I did not expect to see 3rd alternate in men get a shot though.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Other than DWTS, I think Shibs may likely want to take a break. They skated 4 Olympic programs to win 2 Olympic bronze medals. After a shaky GPF and nationals, I'd say this is a huge victory for them.

I think there is a much stronger possibility now that C/L and W/P can both podium. In 2014 OG, they also placed 6th and 7th. Based on the OG results and entries that year, many people thought they would be 3rd and 4th behind I/K and P/B. Then they managed to win the gold and silver (just by a hair) with the help of the lead they had from the SD. In order to make a case for themselves though, C/L need to score better GOEs in their free (their lift exits particularly could be smoother) and W/P need to execute strong, confident twizzles.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Reply to ancientpeas above:

Me, too, unless I'm already dead.

Last edited: