Aaron; Hawayek/Baker added to World team | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Aaron; Hawayek/Baker added to World team

Barb

Record Breaker
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they retire.

They are simply skipping Worlds, they are super busy right now with no time for training. But they seems very enthusiastic to continue competing. They are simply not sure because life is unpredictable. Honestly I am a bit surprised that P/C are competing because they are doing a lot of interviews and stuff. I guess it is because they are sure that will win no matter what.

blue eyed birds

Spectator
2014 info on DWTS is not particularly relevant for this season, which is a special edition that's only four weeks long. The show back then premiered in March, but according to this article, the new cast won't be revealed until after April 9, and the show begins April 30 (so skipping Worlds might be a sign, but it's not clear evidence one way or the other that someone may do the show this year).

lyndichee

Medalist
Clearly I know way too much about this show. The pros are currently still on tour; they will start photoshoots with their partners likely after the tour is over so cast is still likely being finalized right now.

I'm wondering artistically where the Shibs would be if they continued as well. Maia is still really young however they have been on the senior circuit for a long time.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just thought of this...

H/B should rise nicely in the world standings. They now have the 4CC title, and a good placement (Top 10, I'd bet) at Worlds will do them some good.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just thought of this...

H/B should rise nicely in the world standings. They now have the 4CC title, and a good placement (Top 10, I'd bet) at Worlds will do them some good.

Never say never, but unless H/B place third or better at Worlds, they will not move up from their position as #12 :bow: in ISU World Standings.

Only one ISU Championship per season counts toward ISU WS.
H/B already earned 840 points from winning 2018 Four Continents.

Fifth place at Worlds would be worth 787 points -- not enough to change their point total.
Fourth place at Worlds would be worth 875 points, which would increase their point total by 35 -- but Stepanova/Bukin (#11 at present) already are ahead of them by 60 points.
Third place at Worlds would be worth 972 points.

Regardless, an important opportunity/milestone for H/B to compete at their first senior Worlds. :cool:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Uhh. I will miss Them, but I trust they know what they're doing and have some reason for this.

Even though this theoretically opens up the podium, I can already tell I will be gutted for whom ever comes in 4th place :laugh::(

anyanka

Record Breaker
2014 info on DWTS is not particularly relevant for this season, which is a special edition that's only four weeks long. The show back then premiered in March, but according to this article, the new cast won't be revealed until after April 9, and the show begins April 30 (so skipping Worlds might be a sign, but it's not clear evidence one way or the other that someone may do the show this year).

You are on it! Thanks for that information! And it makes sense given that the Shibs are on tour too, so scheduling them may be a nightmare.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
When do the names for world have to be submitted? Could there be more chances am withdrawals from other countries

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
GPF is in Vancouver in '19 and Worlds is in Montreal '20.

I think 4CC is in .. California? Chris was talking about it.

Canada gets two major championships in one year? okay, that's...*raises eyebrow* *chews popcorn*

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Technically GPF isn’t a championship...

Regardless, the poster is confused about the timing. Vancouver GPF is for 2018-19 meaning it would be held in December 2018 while 2020 Worlds are in Montreal. Not only are they in different seasons but 2 years apart. Even if they were the same season, not sure why that would be noteworthy--Japan held 2013-14 GPF and 2014 Worlds.