Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Nastya seems to have got over puberty and is in great shape (I can't believe people are still complaining about her size). They need to do something about the second 3S in the combo, they jump it vertically without length and don't get enough air time for Nastya to rotate it. And they were closer to actually fitting with the music at this JGP event, hoping for no time deduction next time. Also, a couple of Senior Bs for scores and ranking points for next season, please.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They got one in Slovakia also. They probably should try to do something about that because it could be costly when they will skate against K/I at the JGP Final.

I know, but that was significantly longer then (still in tolerance IMO, but more understandable). That's why Anastasia reacted like "What? Again?" during the K&C, I think :)

The Finn

Record Breaker
I know, but that was significantly longer then (still in tolerance IMO, but more understandable). That's why Anastasia reacted like "What? Again?" during the K&C, I think :)

Right, I kind of wondered what that frustrated reaction was all about.

The Finn

Record Breaker

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've updated their OP. I hope you'll enjoy having all their programs info, videos and results in one place.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Looks like they have big plans at the senior level too.

As they should because they have a decent chance at medaling at the Russian Nationals. I am sure that Russian Fed would prefer sending either B/K or P/K to Euros and Worlds as a 3rd pair but if neither really delivers at the Nationals then M/G would likely be the most preferred pair among junior pairs.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Ok, as Zhenya said, "the first pancake..." They don't have the three lifts version down yet. Maybe good that they stayed in Juniors this season. The rest was good apart from the doubled salchow in the euler combo. They got the twist and the group 4 lift to level 4 after level 3s at both JGP events. Now they shouldn't have issues with the Junior programs at least. They tried to skate the FS (just the first half) again a short while later in the Gala and it didn't go so well, unsurprisingly (not with the two lifts, but there was a touchdown on the lutz throw and Nastya fell on the second 3S in the combo). A stupid idea to have the Gala right after the last competitors finished skating, especially pairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sceGjL_UEzo
Protocols (they are first): http://art-caramel.ru/result/1819/20181010IcePanin/aMC__Scores.pdf

One problem skate and people are already sending both of them to new partners :noshake:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I mean, even with the problems in the FS, they are the only pair in the world right now who skated six programs without a disaster - not considering the lift, everything else was pretty spot on. I don't see why they should get crazy now. This one was to get their legs under, I think they should go out and do a senior B to gain some more experience.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Sasha should get a new partner because Nastya is the wrong shape for a pairs lady and the judges will never accept them and will punish them in PCS till the end of their careers, Nastya should get a new partner because Galliamov is still not up to her level. What better partners either of them are supposed to find and where nobody of course knows.

That was not only the third consecutive lift, but also a new one for them so not so surprising at the first outing.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I wonder how realistic is it for them to go to the Inge Solar Memorial. Tallinn is really to close to the GPF.

To be honest, their form looked worse than at JGP events, they were slow and generally off a bit. Sasha looked like he might have been sick (maybe recovering). But I suppose top form is hardly to be expected at this competition.

hanca

Record Breaker
Sasha should get a new partner because Nastya is the wrong shape for a pairs lady and the judges will never accept them and will punish them in PCS till the end of their careers, Nastya should get a new partner because Galliamov is still not up to her level. What better partners either of them are supposed to find and where nobody of course knows.

That was not only the third consecutive lift, but also a new one for them so not so surprising at the first outing.

Well, the judges accepted the mismatched appearance of Duhamel/Radford, so why they would suddenly object to Mishina/Galliamov? Besides, the marks M/G received this season at JGP doesn’t indicate that the judges will never accept them. They seem to be accepting them just fine.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Well, the judges accepted the mismatched appearance of Duhamel/Radford, so why they would suddenly object to Mishina/Galliamov? Besides, the marks M/G received this season at JGP doesn’t indicate that the judges will never accept them. They seem to be accepting them just fine.
Meagan complained that their mismatched appearance hurt their PCS and they had to make up for it on the technical side. But tbh they had PCS problems that were not directly related to appearance so it's hard to judge.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Meagan complained that their mismatched appearance hurt their PCS and they had to make up for it on the technical side. But tbh they had PCS problems that were not directly related to appearance so it's hard to judge.

I think she said that that was something that she'd heard from some judges or officials, but I'm not sure. Anyways, Mishina/Galiamov look fine together imo, and they have a much smaller height difference than Duhamel Radford.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Anybody is entitled what he wants, but that doesn't mean it's relevant. Esp. when it comes from obvious sour grapes feelings.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Dang, that was foot perfect! They are definitely the pair that competed the best this year so far, and they totally deserve a place in the senior team. Also, they looked a lot faster today, compared to last week, or was it just me?