Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov

The Finn

Record Breaker

vorravorra

Record Breaker
That was one great FS!! And what a competition that was!! All the TOP 3 teams were superb.

JGP Final videos
SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSthJSjW0A
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-pIu8qeaE
EX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_esah17wFBY
Victory ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMZOsRnzJY

They scored a new combined total record and FS record, and they receiced 9.65 points for their 3S+1Eu+3S. Very nice.
It's a Junior record. But since their FS score from Alpen Trophy is only 2.5 points higher with one more lift I suppose it counts.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It's a Junior record. But since their FS score from Alpen Trophy is only 2.5 points higher with one more lift I suppose it counts.

Yeah, I know. I ment to say they scored two new world junior records. Neither the FS score nor the combined total score were their PB scores but both were new world junior records.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Has anyone got a link to their SP at RN? I really want to watch it but I can't find it live on Youtube... :(

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Has anyone got a link to their SP at RN? I really want to watch it but I can't find it live on Youtube... :(

None of the live streams left an archive for later viewing, as far as I can tell, since that would invite copyright violation reports and lead to the channel being taken down.

I don’t think their SP is up yet. Try searching for their names in Cyrillic as well — “галлямов мишина” — and maybe something will pop up. A channel does have a 90 second clip of their post-performance interview, but not the performance itself.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
None of the live streams left an archive for later viewing, as far as I can tell, since that would invite copyright violation reports and lead to the channel being taken down.

I don’t think their SP is up yet. Try searching for their names in Cyrillic as well — “галлямов мишина” — and maybe something will pop up. A channel does have a 90 second clip of their post-performance interview, but not the performance itself.

Found something!

It's not YouTube so didn't want to link it directly as I'm not sure of the site. But the video worked via the link in this tweet:

@quadaxels’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/quadaxels/status/1075793360613326848?s=09

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Their triple twist so far has been improving, why would it suddenly go downhill? The Velikovs also coach K/I who can do a quad twist.

I believe Nastya and Sasha had a bit of trouble switching to the senior version of their LP within such a short time after the JGPF, in addition to the expected tiredness. All junior pairs experienced similar difficulties after the Final. And they still did the best of all the Juniors there. I had not expected them to go to Euros/Worlds this season anyway and I think it's best for them to finish their season in Juniors and work on body conditioning and lifts in the meantime. For the next season they have everything lined up for a transition to seniors.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I actually don't think they would have been put on the team even if they ended in third place. But they still competed pretty well, only the combo was a problem, because the rest was good. And I like the idea of finishing this season in juniors and winning everything they can, so they can move up. They're still very young, and all the basics are there already, so they can only improve from this.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Their triple twist so far has been improving, why would it suddenly go downhill? The Velikovs also coach K/I who can do a quad twist.

I believe Nastya and Sasha had a bit of trouble switching to the senior version of their LP within such a short time after the JGPF, in addition to the expected tiredness. All junior pairs experienced similar difficulties after the Final. And they still did the best of all the Juniors there. I had not expected them to go to Euros/Worlds this season anyway and I think it's best for them to finish their season in Juniors and work on body conditioning and lifts in the meantime. For the next season they have everything lined up for a transition to seniors.

I think regardless of what discipline a skater completes in switching from junior to senior, or vice-versa, is very difficult. Not only do they have to deal with basically different programs but they have to think different mentally as well. The difference between junior and senior is in many ways a lot more then what people think. It's really a whole different game and the transition is not easy, especially for pairs.

They did a great job though. They fought through it, did great overall, and gained some valuable experience. It will only help them when they turn senior full time. They definitely got a bright future if they keep improving

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think regardless of what discipline a skater completes in switching from junior to senior, or vice-versa, is very difficult. Not only do they have to deal with basically different programs but they have to think different mentally as well. The difference between junior and senior is in many ways a lot more then what people think. It's really a whole different game and the transition is not easy, especially for pairs.

They did a great job though. They fought through it, did great overall, and gained some valuable experience. It will only help them when they turn senior full time. They definitely got a bright future if they keep improving
They of course have already competed in senior competitions this season. But JGPF and Nationals were very close together and both high-pressure. And one mistake per two programs still isn't bad. We have already seen once that this combo can give Nastya trouble when she is tired like she was here, except they weren't skating the program competitively then.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did great in SP today and they are first after SP at the Jr. Nationals. Their lead is about two points. There is no video at the moment and neither is the stream viewable but maybe there will be a video later.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
There was something wrong with Sasha, maybe he caught Ksenia A.'s bug, never seen him like this. He is by far the better jumper of the two, would have done well in singles if he hadn't grown quite as much. But Nastya is made of steel. Congratulations on the win!