Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Good skate on the SP! I think they still have some timing issues to straighten out before JW, but they're on their way.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Good skate on the SP! I think they still have some timing issues to straighten out before JW, but they're on their way.

SP video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39UVZlBv_U

Yes, it wasn't their best short program, they were more off-sync that usual. But I guess this isn't the competition where you need to show perfection (not for junior pairs, that is).

I agree re timings. It almost feels like they (and Anastasia in particular) put so much concentration into getting the elements done to a high standard, and the jumps in sync, that they haven't trained just skating all the little choreographic flourishes until they come naturally.

But hey ho, I still love the program. And they are getting good marks for it. So hopefully they'll relax into it at JW. They seem to be more comfortable with performing The Master and Margarita.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
FS video. They won with 202.79 (beat all seniors too despite one less lift). I hope they can reproduce this FS at JW and they be all set. Is it me or have they worked on Sasha'a arms and hands? There is less of that unaesthetic just sticking out. Also it's a pity that Velikova's group can't afford an SS coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uTbP_8n-mg

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
They did pretty well, though Nastia's second salchow is right on the edge still, but that's a nitpick of mine. I do think they improved on his arms, but in general they've got to work on better choreography for the coming season if they want to really make a splash among the seniors. The elements are there, and they could grow those throws into quads IMO, but I don't see why they'd go for them now. I really hope they can produce two programs like this at JW, because with the season they've had up until now, they deserve the title.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think the Master and Margarita fits them conceptually at least, it's a "dramatic program with a plot" that is right up their alley. Nastya has said she needs to understand what she is portraying, and "skate prettily to romantic music" isn't something that she connects with - or something that would suit them in general I believe. So I wouldn't mind some drama with character performances from them, they both seem to enjoy it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I agree, I think both of their programs this season are in a style that suit them. But I do want them to go the extra mile, I feel like they have a lot of artistry in them.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Btw, Diana Mukhametzianova/Ilya Mironov landed both 3F and 3Lz at the Russian Cup Final (and apparently 3Lz+3T isn't far off, they are waiting for Ilya to stabilise it). I would keep an eye on them, as if they get their pair elements up to a reasonable level and Diana does not lose her jumps with puberty, they have the potential to simply outjump everyone. I wonder if more like them appear ISU will simply change either the jump content or the scoring to eliminate the jumpers' advantage.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I agree, I think both of their programs this season are in a style that suit them. But I do want them to go the extra mile, I feel like they have a lot of artistry in them.
I hope there will be no more Robbie Williams, I an not getting Party Like a Russian out of my head any time soon :laugh: I think they can take a concept like the Master and Margarita and stretch it further choreographically. They both enjoy performing and take it seriously, I remember Sasha saying that when he first heard of the Master and Margarita for their LP that he was concerned whether he was up to portraying such a complex theme and character. Rather then "ok, these are the elements, this is the background music, let's go". This is an aspect I really like about them.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm happy they won! Hopefully they can rest now and then gear up for their next season as seniors!

Sensation

On the Ice
I love both of their programs, so I'm happy to see them win this week. I'm interested to see what the future holds for them both!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
An interview with Lyudmila Velikova:

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190308/1551645411.html

Velikova's phobia about letting her pairs go Senior is worse than I had thought. Seriously, you need to win JW for it to be acceptable to move up? K/I are staying in Juniors 100% with her approach (although in their case it may be justified). They will have to move up the season after next due to aging out even if they don't win JW so they can feel in peace about that at least.

On another note, Nastya is set on learning another triple.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Is it necessary at this point? Also, is there any report on Sasha knowing other triples? I don't know his career before this pairing.
Yes, he was a reasonably successful singles skater till he grew too tall and it became clear he wouldn't get the harder jumps. But he has all triples (wouldn't swear about correct edges though).

Nastya wants to have another competitive edge I guess. And I doubt she means learning from scratch, she was a singles skater and had some triples after all.