Lina Kudriavtseva & Ilia Spiridonov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lina Kudriavtseva & Ilia Spiridonov

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've updated their OP. I hope you'll enjoy having all the videos, programs and results in one place.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They had a pretty good SP at the 3rd stage of Russian Cup but their FS was a total disaster. As far as I could see she jumped and landed the throws during FS warm-up very well and everything looked good but then in FS she couldn't do or land anything. She had one weird fall before any of the jumps or throws and I am thinking that maybe that fall somehow totally messed up her nerves.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did pretty good at the 4th stage of Russia Cup. She jumped very well at this event (all her triples were clean), but sadly none of the throws were clean. Nevertheless this event was the best event of their career. Sadly, despite the good score (182 points) they were only 3rd and therefor they most likely don't make it to the senior nationals.

SP No video
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMjGxkWV_M

The Finn

Record Breaker
5th stage of Russian Cup. There were errors but there were also high quality like the 3T+2T+2T.

SP No video.
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlA3u2v0wAs

Will have to wait and see how it goes but based on my own math they qualified for the senior nationals as the 12th pair. If this turn out to be so, it would be great news. Does anyone know where to find the official qualification standings?

The Finn

Record Breaker
They just skated at the Open Moscow Championships. This is a junior event, so, they aren't part of the competition but they just wanted to show their programs to the judges. Anyway, their score was about 64 points and their SP was pretty good other than the 3LoTh where she had to step out.

They haven't been assigned to any CS event yet but hopefully they will skate at least one CS event this season.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They scored about 180 points in total. They looked pretty good but throwns were their problem area once again.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems that their SP was banned but they did great at the 1st stage or Russian Cup. Their SP was by far the best I have ever seen from them. Can't wait for the FS.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder what Russian Fed plans to do now when there are 12 pairs who have qualified for the Senior Nationals already and that would mean that no pair would qualify by skating Russian Cup events. That is not acceptable but the question is what to do about it? Should Russian Fed take only three best JGP Final pairs to senior Nationals or should their increase the amount of pairs at the Nationals to 14 pairs, or even 16 pairs. That is something that their should really consider. In any case, they need to do something because it is not acceptable that no pair could qualify by skating Russian Cup events.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I wonder what Russian Fed plans to do now when there are 12 pairs who have qualified for the Senior Nationals already and that would mean that no pair would qualify by skating Russian Cup events.
Really? Junior pairs who had JGP events this season have qualified for Russian Junior nationals. If they want to compete at Senior nationals, they have to take part in Russian cup events in senior category. And this way you will have some pairs who have qualified through the Russian cup. ;)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Really? Junior pairs who had JGP events this season have qualified for Russian Junior nationals. If they want to compete at Senior nationals, they have to take part in Russian cup events in senior category. And this way you will have some pairs who have qualified through the Russian cup. ;)

Skaters who have qualified for the JGP Final will also qualify for the Senior Nationals. Junior skaters who skate JGP event(s) qualify for the Junior Nationals. It has been like this for a long time. The only exception is that nowadays there is an age limitation which is that this season skaters must have been born in 2005 or earlier which means that Valieva and Usacheva can't take part to senior Nationals this season. This age limitation does not prevent any of the five junior pairs, who qualified for the JGP Final, to skate at the Senior Nationals.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Skaters who have qualified for the JGP Final will also qualify for the Senior Nationals. Junior skaters who skate JGP event(s) qualify for the Junior Nationals. It has been like this for a long time. The only exception is that nowadays there is an age limitation which is that this season skaters must have been born in 2005 or earlier which means that Valieva and Usacheva can't take part to senior Nationals this season. This age limitation does not prevent any of the five junior pairs, who qualified for the JGP Final, to skate at the Senior Nationals.

If such a rule exists in pairs skating it should be subject to change. How on earth can a team qualify for the senior nationals without skating a senior free skate, which differs from a junior one by one lift less? :scratch2:

hanca

Record Breaker
If such a rule exists in pairs skating it should be subject to change. How on earth can a team qualify for the senior nationals without skating a senior free skate, which differs from a junior one by one lift less? :scratch2:

Many junior ladies, men and pairs have two versions of their FS, the junior and the senior length. They compete at JGP with the junior version, if they qualify to JGPF then they automatically qualified also to senior nationals, so they may want to do one event to test the senior version in the competition. If they didn’t qualify through JGPF, they can do the Russian cup senior events to qualify. Then they do JGPF with junior version of their program, a few weeks later senior nationals with the senior version, then junior nationals roughly a month later with junior version (and possibly junior worlds if they did well at the junior nationals). It doesn’t seem to cause them any problems. In fact, in pairs skaters can do junior and senior Russian cups within the same season so I have seen pairs doing two junior and two senior events. (Usually if they didn’t get JGP because doing at the same time also JGP events would be too much).

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Lina and Ilia have split up. Their coach says here (https://fsrussia.ru/news/5066-kontrol-nye-prokaty-yuniory-parnoe-katanie.html) that she has outgrown him. This is not surprising, as in the last few seasons we could see problems with throws, as their height difference was not very large and she is young. According to some rumors, she is skating with Roman Zaporozhets and he with Maria Pavlova, who used to be pretty good in singles (qualified to jr nats). We haven't seen much of these new partners yet, though I worry about Pavlova's growth as well. Spiridonov is skilled but not tall, and from photos, she doesn't look to be particularly short. And she is young also.

The Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov partnership had lovely qualities, I liked their chemistry as a team and when they were able to pull it together, they coudl create a nice image on the ice with some nice spins, lifts, and twists. But I guess it never quite panned out as much as they had hoped for. Though it's good to see them keep pushing.

Here is a video of them competing (?) at Moscow JUNIOR championships earlier this year. It says on allskaters that it was to "pass the category" or something, not sure what that means. Could they not pass the category with their new partners yet? The elements are still there, but obviously with difficulty and inconsistency. She is barely shorter than him now, just like Amina Atakhanova. But I guess for their last performance, it turned out ok, especially considering she has completely outgrown him.

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtfhaf0anE
FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zdx_r1ZtI

hanca

Record Breaker
Lina and Ilia have split up. Their coach says here (https://fsrussia.ru/news/5066-kontrol-nye-prokaty-yuniory-parnoe-katanie.html) that she has outgrown him. This is not surprising, as in the last few seasons we could see problems with throws, as their height difference was not very large and she is young. According to some rumors, she is skating with Roman Zaporozhets and he with Maria Pavlova, who used to be pretty good in singles (qualified to jr nats). We haven't seen much of these new partners yet, though I worry about Pavlova's growth as well. Spiridonov is skilled but not tall, and from photos, she doesn't look to be particularly short. And she is young also.
But this info is quite old. It has been reported that they split up before this current season started. It was confirmed even by their coach. (The link you attached was from August 2020. )

Then Spiridonov was signed up for a competition with Pavlova and Kudriavtseva was signed up for the same competition with Zaporozhets, but none of them actually competed with their new partners this whole season. And then Spiridonov was suddenly again signed up for a competition with Kudriavtseva and skated together. They didn’t get a huge score, considering they are a senior pair, their score was an average junior score - 168 points. Not good enough for a senior pair (even though at this competition they skated in junior category, despite him not being junior eligible any more! What was that about?)

And since then neither Spiridonov nor Kudriavtseva have been seen. So it is not very clear whether they are currently together or not. If they split up, why did they do one more competition together? Or is it that they both tried new partners, found out that it was not going anywhere with those new partners and then they got together temporarily, just to keep their skills up until they find better partners? The whole situation is weird.

Spiridonov is not very tall for a pair male. He will have the same problem as Ialin. There is not that huge choice of tiny decent pair ladies, so he may have to search among singles. He is not junior eligible, so he needs a tiny girl over 15 y.o.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
I asked at the Russian forum. Apparently they did split up and most of time they each practice on their own, but a few times skated at some small competitions to fulfil some requirements for obtaining sports titles.

hanca

Record Breaker
I asked at the Russian forum. Apparently they did split up and most of time they each practice on their own, but a few times skated at some small competitions to fulfil some requirements for obtaining sports titles.
And someone else responded that after the competition Spiridonov left with Pavlova to Sochi to skate together. Kudriavtseva did some try out at St Petersburg but it looks it didn’t work out. Apparently she is still posted on Russian icepartnersearch.