Trusova and Quads | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

neusw

On the Ice
By the way - let's make difference between quads and "quads" PR'ed or UR'ed that tech pannels count as clean.... For me if you tend to jump quad - you must jump quad and not over-rotated triple with PR 0.5 revs or more. And tech pannels must call the latter as triple and not as quad...

Would you also like all of Satoko's jumps to be called doubles? Clearly you are a fan of hers but I hope you aren't under the delusion that only 14 year old girls jumping quads are afflicted by uncalled pre-rotations and under-rotations. If the IJS ever wants to start penalizing it, I guarantee you the issue will clear itself up within 3 years for both men and women. But good luck with that rule change.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Would you also like all of Satoko's jumps to be called doubles? Clearly you are a fan of hers but I hope you aren't under the delusion that only 14 year old girls jumping quads are afflicted by uncalled pre-rotations and under-rotations. If the IJS ever wants to start penalizing it, I guarantee you the issue will clear itself up within 3 years for both men and women. But good luck with that rule change.

I'm a fan of Satoko and I agree that she has PR's and will not argue if judges and TP's will call and mark them properly

bobbob

Medalist
Are men and ladies equal biologicaly, physiologicaly etc?. Why for example in gymnastics men and ladies do different apparatuses and as I remember never and nonbody argued why ladies can't do pommel horse and men - uneven bars? We were created different by mother nature...

The same analogy in gymnastics is if a woman did 3 twists instead of 2. I never heard anyone objecting to that. Yes, men tend to do more twists in gymnastics too but women are encouraged to do as many twists and some are as good or even better than the men. Nothing wrong with that. A quad is just an advancement of a triple, not a fundamentally different apparatus. Are you arguing women should ditch jumps entirely? If not, then they should be encouraged to make their jumps better.

bobbob

Medalist
By the way - let's make difference between quads and "quads" PR'ed or UR'ed that tech pannels count as clean.... For me if you tend to jump quad - you must jump quad and not over-rotated triple with PR 0.5 revs or more. And tech pannels must call the latter as triple and not as quad...

I'm a fan of Satoko and I agree that she has PR's and will not argue if judges and TP's will call and mark them properly

You are not just calling for proper calls though. You are saying everyone who jumps quad needs to not prerotate and UR. While I agree TPs should call, I do not agree that one should stop doing them because they UR/PR. By your logic Satoko should stop attempting to do triples at all, regardless of if she gets called.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
You are not just calling for proper calls though. You are saying everyone who jumps quad needs to not prerotate and UR. While I agree TPs should call, I do not agree that one should stop doing them because they UR/PR. By your logic Satoko should stop attempting to do triples at all, regardless of if she gets called.

Maybe we just misunderstoos each other but yes - I'm for proper calls. If the quad is UR'ed or PR'ed than it must be called and marked as such. I'm against "revarding the risk" by closing eyes on that mistakes. I'm for revarding correctly and properly done jumps. Just tired of "missed" UR's abd PR's by judges and TP's for the sake of "revarding the risk"...

bobbob

Medalist
Maybe we just misunderstoos each other but yes - I'm for proper calls. If the quad is UR'ed or PR'ed than it must be called and marked as such. I'm against "revarding the risk" by closing eyes on that mistakes. I'm for revarding correctly and properly done jumps. Just tired of "missed" UR's abd PR's by judges and TP's for the sake of "revarding the risk"...

Trusova's 4T most recently was done acceptably.

alpaca

On the Ice
Sasha stated no more quads at least till she finds out what happens with her axel.

Hm, this is interesting. I’m wondering how this will work out. Sasha’s axel is good, but not anything special as Kostornaya good. Wondering why Sasha’s 3A prospects are more in talk than Alena’s?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It was so clean and huge. Absolutely amazing!!!

Yeah... that was a better 4T that a lot of the men... high, well rotated, and confident. I know - Nationals inflation (lol at 71 PCS), but amazing to imagine that, with a 4Z/4S, she might score higher than 100 TES in a FS when only two senior men have scored that high this season.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Why do you think that it wouldn't impress me, if Tursynbaeva would do a quad in competition? That would impress me, I assure you. I don't see it, that's why it would impress me even more. I like that skaters can do well even if they are tall in figure skating, that you don't need a certain height to be competitive, so basketball isn't the best comparison imo.
I eat my words. :biggrin:
I'm very impressed with Tursynbaeva right now. She's obviously really doing everything to be a factor in FS right now and she's surely a WC medal contender, if she's able to keep her shape until then.