Trusova and Quads | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think Trusova will likely try the quad and get a minus GOE on it but no fall. Though I hope she does nail it.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Another quad salchow is at 0:31. edit: Actually, I guess it can be 4T as well? It cuts into it so late. The first frame looked more like a Salchow to me but...

I think Trusova will likely try the quad and get a minus GOE on it but no fall. Though I hope she does nail it.

Well, if she gets it fully rotated, I don't think she's the type to fall. I'm not sure when I last saw her fall on something she rotated...

It would be about time for her to hit it here. Otherwise I guess we'd need to wait until the next season, and she might not be the first one to land one at that point...

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Trusova seems to be a very good competitor though her jumps (including 3L-3Lo) are not that stable. But she has that fearless spirit.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Another quad salchow is at 0:31. edit: Actually, I guess it can be 4T as well? It cuts into it so late. The first frame looked more like a Salchow to me but...

Well, if she gets it fully rotated, I don't think she's the type to fall. I'm not sure when I last saw her fall on something she rotated...

It would be about time for her to hit it here. Otherwise I guess we'd need to wait until the next season, and she might not be the first one to land one at that point...

It should be salchow. She did it at the place where she usually does her salchow. Quad toe she does near the middle of short board.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Apparently, Trusova in her FS practice runthrough did both 4S and 4T(both clean).

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Sasha is fantastic. Of Eteri's juniors I may prefer Alena's skating overrall but I'm in awe of a 13 year old jumping a 4S better than many men. And now she's even doing a 4T. New world order indeed.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
New world order indeed.

There's quite a few young ladies going for quads/3As recently (though mostly in the practices for now).

https://jumpitwithashuulanditwithap...this-is-how-the-off-season-starts-junior-from

https://jumpitwithashuulanditwithap...7718/rika-kihira-3a-3a3t-3a3t2t-tano-bonus-4s

Who knows, if Sasha goes for it, we might see more attempts in the actual international competitions in the next season (there have been already attempts in Russian and Japanese national comps).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'm calling two clean quads and a third attempted but URed (no fall)
:biggrin:
In order to do that, she would need to change her layout due to having to repeat one of the quads. Well, I guess that in that case what she could do is:

4S+3T
4S
4T
--
3Lz-3Lo
3F-1Lo-3S
3Lz
2A

Base value 83.26

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yup I'm here for it if that's what hre team decides. That's such an impressive layout!!