Trusova and Quads | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I probably shoud started new topic with the name "Scherbakova and Quads" :biggrin: but considering that now she became really serious rival for Trusova - I think this topic will do. So, here we go - Anna just landed 4Lz+3T, 4Lz and 3Lz-3Lo all in one free program and she got 159.43 points for it (227 total) - which is higher than Zagitova's world record for the free, btw :yahoo: The total score could be like 10 points higher if not her fall in the short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZZ0gAlvxQ (50fps)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtxsUif7Ek (version with K&C but I don't like sound there)
https://fsrussia.ru/results/1819/2etap/eMC__Scores.pdf - protocols (B means 1 point bonus for great or complex elements in russian local competitions)

Ladies quads revolution already began :)

P.S.: I forgot to add that it was her senior version of the free - with added choreo sequence ^^

This is awesome! Was this an actual ISU competition? Or is this the Russian test skates? Can't read Russian. 😓 Either way, super impressive!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
This is awesome! Was this an actual ISU competition? Or is this the Russian test skates? Can't read Russian. 😓 Either way, super impressive!
Not an ISU competition. It is the 2nd stage of the Cup of Russia (pipeline to make nationals but she’s already made it)

Deripashka

On the Ice
Im not sure but it looks like Anna apart from that another quad significantly add speed in comparison with previous JGP performances. I think its great tactic since it drag her attention from "omg how Im gonna splash on the ice on that coming quad!" to "ok speed it up Ana, speed it up, you have a lot to do!"

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I think at the first quad is fully rotated.

Yes that's what I'd say too, first one is rotated, second is not.

What's very obvious in the second one though is the edge change - she takes off clearly from an inside edge. I seriously don't get why they have her going for a 4Lz and not a different quad.

Why does she have this weird variable technique where she sometimes seems to be on a flat edge, other times seems to maintain the BOE for long enough, sometimes is off the ice at 180 degrees, and other times slightly more? Why not make the technique, IDK, stable?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why does she have this weird variable technique where she sometimes seems to be on a flat edge, other times seems to maintain the BOE for long enough, sometimes is off the ice at 180 degrees, and other times slightly more? Why not make the technique, IDK, stable?
They're working on it. From July to December last year she wasn't even practicing triple jumps.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ladies quads revolution already began :)
Hmmm ... it's the girls quads revolution. I hope that we'll see them fit and healthy once they are eligible for senior competitions. We'll see tough junior competitions this season and I hope that they're not going to risk too much ... it's probably not worth it at this point in their careers. Even if the Junior WC scores more than the Senior WC, she's still "only" the Junior WC.
But it's going to be an interesting Olympic cycle in any case.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
There was some talk about her landing a 4T during practice at Russia Cup Stage II but I haven't found a video of such a thing. In an interview after the FS she said that her future plans include increasing her technical content and introducing new elements.

... Speaking of which, is this the first time 2 clean 4Lutz jumps have been performed in a program, man or woman? Has anyone actually ever done 2 before? Would be pretty incredible for a lady to become the first one instead of a man.

Arbitrary

Medalist
No woman or girl ever landed two qlutzes.
The Wikipedia states first to land two qlutzes among men was Nathan Chen last year.
There was some talk about her landing a 4T during practice at Russia Cup Stage II but I haven't found a video of such a thing. In an interview after the FS she said that her future plans include increasing her technical content and introducing new elements.

... Speaking of which, is this the first time 2 clean 4Lutz jumps have been performed in a program, man or woman? Has anyone actually ever done 2 before? Would be pretty incredible for a lady to become the first one instead of a man.

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, still there is room for girls, and also the fact she will be second one ever to do it.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Scherbakova's 4 Lz was wrongly called in Richmond. She fell but was completely round. ISU's tech panel are sleeping on the job.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Landing two 4lutz is a big accomplishment and she should be super proud. Having said that, the second quad lutz was clearly underrotated, even in real time.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Well. Sasha tamed the third dragon. She is amazing! It would be interesting to know her plans for the future. Everything she says she does.