Which man will win (and medal) at Worlds? | Golden Skate

Which man will win (and medal) at Worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtx121

On the Ice
With no Yuzuru or Javi or Patrick to contest with, will the standings look similar to this past year's Grand Prix Final? Nathan doesn't have the pressure like he did at the Olympics with the media and he is not skating after Yuzuru. Yes there is Shoma, but if Nathan can skate a clean SP and repeat his Olympic FS, I can see him getting his first World Championship Gold.

Prediction:
1) Nathan Chen
2)Shoma
3) Boyang

nekun

On the Ice
I want Shoma to take the gold, to complete the top 6 domination this season

GPF Nathan
EC Javi
4CC Boyang
OWG team Patrick
OWG Yuzu
WC? Please be Shoma

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Going by the numbers, Shoma has the highest averages in scores. So I think he will win this one. And like nekun said above, it will be a beautifully rounded champions list if Shoma wins. ;)
However, these same numbers applied at the OWG as well and Yuzu won, so it ain't over till it's over. It's exciting to take a peak at the next 4 years and who makes a bid to be the new world champion.

Last edited:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I can see him winning and I’m rooting for him :cheer:
But I don’t know if he would go for a 6 quad FS again?! But I’m certainly hoping that he skates a clean SP.

Enero

On the Ice
I’m rooting for Boyang, but I think that might be a long shot.

If Shoma goes clean he’ll win. He has the quads and his PCS are always higher than Nathan and Boyang.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Maybe people should stop predicting Nathan to win every major international competition he enters and just let him compete. Let him build that experience just like everyone else. Looking forward to the battle of the young guns at this World Championships. They all have the goods. Think it will come down to who delivers.

Bruin714

On the Ice
I agree completely. Just let the young man skate.

This reminds me of Sasha Cohen predictions. Her silver and bronze medals at World Championships are amazing accomplishments, but the constant expectation of Gold, for many, turned those successes into disappointments.

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Shoma and Boyang are tough competitors and they've both consistently delivered under immense pressure. It'd be foolish to underestimate the reigning WC and Olympics silver medalist and the two time WC bronze medalist.

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Maybe people should stop predicting Nathan to win every major international competition he enters and just let him compete. Let him build that experience just like everyone else. Looking forward to the battle of the young guns at this World Championships. They all have the goods. Think it will come down to who delivers.

THANK YOU!!!! Please...PLEASE!! For this last major championship, I just want Nathan to be NATHAN! He's an incredible young man, even with all the hate-bashing he gets from so many skating fans, and the immense pressure that has been put on him, he's always conducted himself extremely maturely and professionally. I hope that ALL the men skate awesome and may the best man- WIN!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yay, Yay! Go for it Boyang. You were superb at 4cc, just not yet good enough at the Olympics but pretty close. I sincerely hope you get a medal of a different colour than at the last two WCs. I am also vouching for Shoma and Nathan (I love their abilities), but after the mostly negligence of the American press, the nasty remarks about his Pcs - especially SS - please prove them all wrong and get that S or even G medal. The media have turned me into a big fan due to their unfair negativism. I know he's more of a jumper than anyone but his artistry has improved so much in one season. And...eh..he sounds like a lot of fun as a person. Like with Javi and Yuru, that last is important too!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think he's got about a 33% chance. It'll be either him, Shoma or Boyang, I believe. But none of these guys are invincible when it comes to the gold medal.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is like the men's version of "Marin Honda will win the competition!" of threads past? :laugh:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The beauty of it...we just don't know and will see. Go for it, all of you young men. But I'll still twirl my thumbs for Boyang. However, any of the men who delivers will be worth the prize.

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Lol. The hype train driven by Nathan's fervent fans and media will doom him.

Jeez! The way so many people hate on Nathan, you'd think he himself was the one promoting himself as the best of all time or something (like an Adam Rippon per se).

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
He pulled a Mao at the Olympics - might as well pull a Mao for post-Olympic worlds!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nathan gets no hate bashing from me, nor does any other skater. I was just unhappy about the way Boyang was compared to him in the media. Has nothing to do with the guys themselves. May the best one win! But as a fan I prefer Boyang. But deliverance is all. That's the excitement, not the hypes around a skater (which they can't help or prevent in any case).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Amen. It seems no-one's learned a darned thing.

I'm pulling for WORLD CHAMPION BOYANG, myself.

yude

Record Breaker
Sorry for my ignorance, but is they any update on Nathan's injury? How has he been training?

Status
Not open for further replies.