Artur Danielian | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, they uploaded a different warm-up session (probably a later one). Couldn't find the older one though...

I have a copy of the older video but it's pointless to upload it. This one will do just fine.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
“I would study at Gryffindor at Hogwarts”

The administration of our group interviewed the opening of last season, silver medalist of the Russian and European Championships in men's single skating, Arthur Danielyan. He is now at the training camp in Novogorsk. And, despite being busy, he kindly agreed to answer our questions.

1.- Arthur, in one figure skating group you are often compared to Harry Potter, do you like books about a wizard boy? If so, what do you think you could study at at Hogwarts?
“I really enjoyed the whole story of Harry Potter.” And, of course, I would study at the Gryffindor faculty (smiles).
2. - After the European Championship, you put a video where you jump the fourth Rittberger in the cascade, are there any plans to insert this jump in the new season?
- First of all, the goal now is to return to the previous form and slowly return the learned elements, without them it will be difficult to compete.
3. - Figure skating is impossible without music. What music for programs is closer to you: classical or something modern? What do you listen to in life?
- For programs, it’s more likely that the classics are closer, but I think one day I will try something modern. But in life I listen to absolutely everything: classics are just rare.
4. - Your skating is distinguished by its excellent glide and excellent presentation. What, in your opinion, is more important: a technique or a second assessment?
- Need a balance. But technology is more important nowadays. And when both one and the other are combined, it already looks completely different.
5. - You have very beautiful costumes. Who is their author? Do you participate in their creation?
- In the last 3 years, costumes were sewn by different designers. There was Olga Ryabenko, and Natalya Pokrovskaya, and Olga with Sergey (they sewed costumes for Max Kovtun and Masha Sotskova). They consult with me, but there wasn’t one that I didn’t like. This is also an important part of the program, which is done very carefully.
6. - This season, you returned your last free program. She's very beautiful. How do you feel about the return of past programs?
“I see nothing wrong with that.” If the athlete is so comfortable, it is better to return to the previous program. The main thing is that it should not be rolled up to holes.
7. - During a banquet at the European Championships in Graz, the skaters, including you, danced a waltz. Have you tried to dance a waltz before?
- It was a matter of school, thanks to this it turned out to recall an elementary waltz to at least show something (smiles).
8. - Now the idea is popular when fans offer music and even choreography. How do you feel about this?
- This is very interesting, additional help. And there is a chance to stumble upon music that could be your program.
9. - Some skaters meet with fans. Have you ever had such an idea?
- It was. I hope someday to implement it.
10. - As you know, fans of skaters after performances throw gifts to their idols on ice. What is the most memorable gift you received from your fans?
- Recently, they began to give gifts to me, so every gift causes a special emotion in me and is remembered. It is very nice.
11. - In one interview you said that you like exact sciences at school. Does this knowledge help in sports?
- I did not have to use them on ice (laughs).
12. - You once said that in your family there are “two smart and one athlete.” What do your brother and sister do in life?
- Brother - engineer, sister - designer, photographer.
13. - You like to cook. If you have to participate in a culinary show, what dish will you cook?
- Pizza or cake.
14. And you draw. Tell me what you like to portray. And for whom are these drawings more: for themselves or for loved ones?
- I try different things. While just studying, this is a very painstaking and jewelry work. Sometimes I portray something specific, sometimes imagination and fantasy turn on, I hope to come to at least some kind of result. My support group gave me painting courses and I'm learning.
15. And finally: what would you like to wish your fans?
- The main thing is health for all and patience, never to retreat from your goals. I also want to thank all the fans for their support.

Source: https://m.vk.com/wall-160970610_66090#post-160970610_66090

By the way, costumer Sergey is Sergey Levin who did Gladiator and Don Juan. Natalia did Puttin' on the Ritz, not sure about La Traviata. Maybe Olga R. did Poeta/HoND :think:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Thank you @Remyrose for more Q&A :luv17: He is into cooking (with cakes among his favourite!) and he draws - he would be a great pal with Deniss :biggrin: I would love to see them hanging out together :love:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

ewdokia

On the Ice
4S and 3A after returning to the rink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrlWha5n0oU (orginally in Artur's IG Stories)
:):)
Solid beginning steps towards the new season.

Thank you for the clips, this looks good. Happy Artur didn’t lose his quad though he for sure grew a bit during quarantine. By the way the figure skating league promised some jump training with him today, but for some reason it didn’t happen? Or did I miss it? :scratch2:

If the GP-series will take place this year, I'm already curious which ones he will receive. Can't wait to see his new programs next season! :)

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
By the way the figure skating league promised some jump training with him today, but for some reason it didn’t happen? Or did I miss it? :scratch2:

I'm not sure what happened because I didn't closely follow their IG the last few days, but I guess if they did it they would upload it to their Youtube channel later.

If the GP-series will take place this year, I'm already curious which ones he will receive. Can't wait to see his new programs next season! :)

Here I'm curious too! It's too early to say anything now, but I hope he receives at least one he prefers (RUS & JPN)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His master class was a paid service so I wouldn't wait for that to upload on YT. However some snippets of it is on their Instagram account as a live feed (~3mins) and in the InstaStories.

ETA: here are the pieces from InstaStories https://www.instagram.com/p/CBeFD9-p3th/

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Fedorova (Russian)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCG2mK5IKs2/?igshid=1ijibgnfqm8qy

ETA: Per Irina, chance that SP may stay, FP is Asian (she said Oriental but I don't use this word).

⚪training process resumed without any problems, the form was much better than expected by Artur and his coaching staff.
⚪The other day, the production of a new free program began. Artur will announce the music later, but now we can say that it will be "on the Eastern theme." He is engaged in dancing, as the choreography in the program requires special plastic. He says that the program is already enthralling now.
⚪As for the short program, the situation is less clear: it is difficult to find a worthy replacement for the short last season, so this issue will be resolved later.
⚪He is working on training on those new jumping elements that he has “left”. There is some progress with a quadruple toe loop. Jumping content plan to significantly complicate.
⚪Goals for the next season: show clean skating and your maximum.
⚪Tik-tok: Artur initially reacted negatively to this social network, but in the end he bought a tripod and a camera to start shooting video. So far nothing has been shot, but we are waiting for “high-quality content”
⚪Skates: dissatisfied with the Edea Ice Fly model due to a very uncomfortable pad and not surprised that many athletes are also outraged.
⚪Javier Fernandez: it's nice that they compare externally, but do not want to compare skating. He wants to stay on the ice and be remembered as Artur Danielian, and not as skating like someone else.
Translation from here: https://m.vk.com/wall-194541960_132?from=feed_search/0/#артурданиелян

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New pictures from Kondratiuk's art gallery opening last week
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDhWCdmIX3G/
:love:

ETA: and also, there is an interview with Artur in the new Magazine of the Federation

"I used the simulator even on weekends"

When the rink was closed, the coaches gave me a little rest to recuperate. I ran myself did physical training, tried to keep shape, because it was originally information that all this for a week or two. But then it became clear that the period of self-isolation was increasing and Elena Germanovna Buyanova quickly organized a training session for me the process is already at a serious level. I was constantly in touch with our entire coaching team: with choreographer Irina Anvarovna Tagaeva, Alexander Uspensky, and Maxim Zavozin. We did choreography and physical training in online mode.

Then more dances were added. Elena Germanovna loaded me to the fullest, there was not even time to think about the fact that I could train in this period in a lightweight regime. Everyday I had several workouts. They alternated: three times per week of physical training and dancing, three times choreography and statics. I also purchased a simulator - an ellipsoid and on it in the evenings I wound time. and used it to wind time in the evenings. There was a more general load, since the whole body is involved in the work. Sunday I had a day off. But I did it on the simulator and on the weekend.

And dancing became a new kind of occupation for me. The goal was to be liberated, to learn new movements, then to transfer them to the ice. So that there was an opportunity to put programs of different directions under different music, and it would look. But this turned out to be a new additional burden for me. After all dancing is also training. Only in a different, unusual rhythm. As a result, I got a lot of useful things.

Elena Germanovna called Alla Dukhovoy, director of the ballet "Todes". I always liked their dancing they have an unusual style, energy. And Alla Vladimirovna recommended two of her dancers for training. Konstantin Gritsuk and Martin Scibor-Gurkovskiy are professionals who in such a short time were able to teach me something new. We started from the base, then we did different dance styles, so that I can feel my body as much as possible.

The rest of the exercises were aimed not to lose shape. It is clear that without ice on one hundred percent it didn't work out, but I kept some minimum. Though jumping on the floor was possible. I cleared a space for myself in the room and practiced jumping. Opportunities to get over the city, when it got warmer, I didn't have, since we are still in Moscow 100 percent have not settled, summer cottages we do not have. So spent the time at home, could only go out for a walk a hundred meters away with the dog, take out the trash ... But thanks to Elena Germanovna's efforts and our entire team, I spent time on self-isolation very productive. Of course, psychologically sitting within four walls at some point, it began to strain. But since in general there a lot of time was spent on training, the days flew by quickly.

In addition to training, there were also school, study, new hobbies ... I know that during this period many athletes did something unusual for themselves. I tried to level up my English and painted. Began study Tiktok, while I'm just training to shoot videos, I throw them off friends, and they appreciate. When will I ready, then I'll start publishing. I didn't stick to the diet, just controlled my diet. Maintain the weight that I have was at the end of the season, it didn't work, I typed it, but then gradually began to fold. Played a role that I grew up a little. But now with loads all unnecessary will go away. From self-isolation, I immediately left for Novogorsk. You can say I rushed there. When I came out on the ice swayed a little, but then felt the ice, rolled out. By double jumped already in the same day, and the next I collected everything triple, including the triple axel. Then the quadruples was restored. What will be the free program, we are already one hundred percent decided. We are still thinking about the short one. There are several options, it will be necessary try them on ice, see which is better. And the free one is very cool, I love her.
https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/mfk_magazine/wfk_22_2020.pdf