Artur Danielian | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know why he changed his program…I really love his Gladiator:eeking:

IDK either but I'm happy with the change :rock as that Gladiator program doesn't exist in my world.........at all. I don't even remember it, his jumps or anything.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe he will return to it next year? It was a great program

I don't remember even once, when a Buianova student dropped a program but if it wasn't working for a reason, I'm not so sure they will bring it back otherwise, why dump it to begin with?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pics from today's SP https://www.instagram.com/p/B5I9TcLp_Za/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet
Protocol: https://fsrussia.ru/results/1920/5etap/MC_K_Scores.pdf

ETA:

CoR V SP https://youtu.be/kHzmhNtk3qM

Also, if you want to view his SP from last week from the RusFed video (better quality than Studio-38), here it is. I added sound to it! https://streamable.com/uapg4

Here's a couple of pics of Artur that was taken last week during Rostelecom. I didn't know he was left-handed!
http://ltk-cska.ru/files/photoalbums/13-rostelekom-posleslovie/1574263946-0.jpg
http://ltk-cska.ru/files/photoalbums/13-gran-pri-v-moskve-rostelekom-2019/1573991124-1.jpg

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Hmm, ditching the Gladiator in favor of this old one is not my favorite choice. But I guess understandable if you think about trying to get the new elements to work. The Verdi looks emptier overall and it is so boring that I have not been able to watch it through either time he has performed it...

But it was funny to see the planned content on the side and how the executed jumps which were mostly not the ones in the planned list! I wonder if they had the correct list for him? The spins and steps were right at least.

E

ewdokia

On the Ice
Hmm, ditching the Gladiator in favor of this old one is not my favorite choice.
I’m also not happy Artur dumped Gladiator. :( I liked it very much and I thought this program had so much potential and that the major reason it didn’t work, was the quad. Changing the free is somehow mixing up cause and effect. It’s not like Artur made mistakes on jumps cause the program didn’t fit him, but the program didn’t work as he was not able to do a quad in his free (without the SP in Kazan I would have said in competition). And as the program did not seem to be the cause for his inconsistency in the free, I don’t think this move will bring him further. :scratch2:

I wonder how his quad works in practice? Judging from his recent interview and that his coaching team wants him to compete at Senior RN and his first challenger, I assume that the quad might be fine in practice now but still not so much in competition? I saw a beautiful one during warm up for the SP at this competition and as he tried a 2nd one in the free, it looks like he can land it in practices? :think:

But it was funny to see the planned content on the side and how the executed jumps which were mostly not the ones in the planned list! I wonder if they had the correct list for him? The spins and steps were right at least. E
I’m pretty sure the list was correct. That’s the typical Artur. Changing the program while competing just to demonstrate he is capable of doing quads. :palmf::laugh:

"I know Armenian." Artur Danielian about Armenians, Russia and Armenian cuisine

https://armeniasputnik.am/sport/201...yeri-rusastani-u-haykakan-xohanoci-masin.html

Thank you so much. Artur's interviews are always interesting to read. :thumbsup:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, ditching the Gladiator in favor of this old one is not my favorite choice. But I guess understandable if you think about trying to get the new elements to work. The Verdi looks emptier overall and it is so boring that I have not been able to watch it through either time he has performed it...

But it was funny to see the planned content on the side and how the executed jumps which were mostly not the ones in the planned list! I wonder if they had the correct list for him? The spins and steps were right at least.

E

It's not the same program from last year. Only the opening choreo before the quad, the music (well most of it) and the costume remained. The rest of the program was dumped just like Gladiator. The jump layout was changed (2/5 to 4/3). Understandable because skaters only get bonuses for the last 3 jumps but in doing so, the footwork had to be moved to the end, they re-choreographed it entirely and it's now skated to new music, choreo sequence was re-choreographed possibly to new music (we had no sound when he first did it in March), and the spins were moved. This is basically a new program with the Gladiator layout. It's why I assumed they thought Gladiator did not fit his skating style or personality, didn't highlight his strengths, sounded good on paper but not executed like imagined, maybe he's more comfortable with Verdi or something like this so they changed it but only they know. So changing Gladiator to Verdi just to get new elements to work makes no sense to me especially when he struggled with the TES last year with Verdi once the quad was added.

However, if they were going to keep the Gladiator layout, they should have kept the Gladiator program. And everybody knows I couldn't stand that Gladiator program with a passion as it was so unwatchable but this seems so unnecessary if he only did it to chase quads which he could have did with Gladiator since the old program is now the same layout. But no, they had to change Verdi and now he has to learn new choreography and steps. This is why it looks empty. Hell this jump layout with Gladiator made Gladiator look empty (shrug). I don't recall there being anymore choreography in Gladiator before the step sequence because I was saying to myself, "this program is empty as hell, why is he doing a variation of Marin Honda's why hands over and over and over again with blank face, ugh." So I can't say I'm sad to see it go. He can't please us all obviously but it's funny because I never thought Buianova would actually pull a Mishin since I can't recall her ever doing it before.

I find the whole thing amusing.

And we spoke about this last year, probably ad nauseam, but Artur is no stranger to changing his layout on the fly. When he was learning the 3a two seasons ago, he did it a lot. He did it last year too. So who knows what was planned and what was not. Last week, the euler sal was clearly to cover up the 3a< mistake. The flip is supposed to have a combination on it but why? It's clearly a flip(e) and he loses base value and all +GOE if called but he likes to put combinations on it and for it, he lost 3 points. The 2nd quad, I question if it was supposed to be there at all it was definitely a deja vu moment from two seasons ago but even with the repetition he knew he could still do 3 combinations and adjusted accordingly. The steps and spins have been in the same place all season so those he wouldn't change.

Well let's see what he does at Golden Spin. Good luck to him because there are some very experienced guys there. I hope he can get into the top 8 and earn a new SB :cheer:

And congrats to him on qualifying to nationals and he finally broke 70 TES in the free this season ;)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will say this. Artur is my Sotnikova 2.0, made even funnier by them both being lefties, and I would not be surprised if he is for Buianova as she seems to adore him. He's like an upgraded model. Does everything better than Sot except for spins and maybe interpretation. There's so much potential but consistency is simply not to be found here especially in the free program. Going into this season with that mindset makes it go by much easier :laugh:

If he does manage 2 clean programs in the same competition and do it at the right time, he may leave with something big ;) Well this is my hope at least :laugh: but lets see. I don't really see him getting all those quads required like N. Chen so I will be happy if he at least leaves with Kolyada or Kovtun level of success. Time will tell. Good luck to him, it's sure to be long :)pray:), fun and unpredictable ride :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FYI: Fskate is no longer. I have included an archive link in the OP, last updated in July, just in case you do use it to look up info about Artur. Not sure how long the archive link will work, so if you need anything from that database, get it now.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur skates in the penultimate group for the short! Good luck to him!

Unfortunately there is no livestream this year so we will have to use our imagination when reading the procols!!!

Result page http://puls-hosting.com/gs2019/

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I asked someone on Twitter to record Artur. Thankfully they were able to.

Zagreb SP
Pt 1 https://twitter.com/potatoeloop/status/1202688056979001345?s=20
Pt 2 https://twitter.com/potatoeloop/status/1202688217390178304?s=20

:thank: to this person!

ETA: scoreboard finally updated. He did enough to achieve the SR SP minimums for E/W :pray: We will see what Saturday brings! Probably no video, it was hard asking the 1st time.

ETA: I merged the videos and uploaded to YT. Oh the things you can do with a phone, today I learned! LOL A little gap between the 2 pieces!
https://youtu.be/iVGvNMzOehc

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Artur! He raised his SB and moved into the top 4 so he earned world ranking points! :cheer2:

And a new SB for the free by 14 points :yes2:

New PB in TES in almost 2 seasons (2nd highest here) and his highest PCS ever (3rd highest here) :agree:

FP minimums achieved for E/W!

His best FS ever, how fitting we didn't get to see it :laugh: :scowl: :cry:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG, he landed a quad combo with positive GOEs and we didn't even get to see it :sad21: Flip got an e, if only they would move that combo off it, Camden is guilty too. Eh.

ETA: Oh they need to move that 2nd 3a combo to the bonus. I wonder how many seconds he was off?

And he got level 4 steps! Hell yeah. Man, I should have bribed someone to record this, but that's so embarrassing to ask when there should've been a feed. I weep.

Good GOE on his choreo sequence too, good boy! Now get a spin coach please!

anaissa

Rinkside
OMG, he landed a quad combo with positive GOEs and we didn't even get to see it :sad21: Flip got an e, if only they would move that combo off it, Camden is guilty too. Eh.

ETA: Oh they need to move that 2nd 3a combo to the bonus. I wonder how many seconds he was off?

And he got level 4 steps! Hell yeah. Man, I should have bribed someone to record this, but that's so embarrassing to ask when there should've been a feed. I weep.

Good GOE on his choreo sequence too, good boy! Now get a spin coach please!

Amazing!Really happy for him!