Artur Danielian | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's his best FS in a while, great skate. After watching the other 3 guys she posted, Artur makes skating look easy as hell :laugh: he's so graceful :love:

ETA: I see he found some choreography on the way to Zagreb. Lol

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
The 4th consecutive guy on its cover :popcorn: The choice of photo though :palmf:

The quality of interviews on this magazine can still be trusted :yes:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 4th consecutive guy on its cover :popcorn: The choice of photo though :palmf:

The quality of interviews on this magazine can still be trusted :yes:

Yes. The 4th guy in a row which is a record looking at the other cover issues :agree:

Photo is alright. They could have picked the other photo of Sharov that's similar but, eh. You know they weren't going to pay for Getty :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spoilers:

Lol. Kids (most) live in the here and now, not a couple of years ahead. Honestly, I'm not opposed to this style of thinking when it comes to sports :slink:

Oh and he talks about the Gladiator program, I guess you can sense why it was changed. [It seems as if this interview was taken prior to the change, if so, wow, he admitted to not coping with it for x reason (you decide). That's rather honest of him.]

And he likes all the Russian senior boys! Something nice to say about them all :biggrin:

He's working on his toeloop. Glad to hear because I had a thought that he will (in a few years) be behind tech wise if he never considers the quad toe. Other boys his age are working on both sal and toe, not both successfully but still working on them. Having a quad sal, toe, and lutz would put him in a good place in a few years time if he can manage such a load.

No mention of the quad loop!!!!

Guess they couldn't use one of the photos in the article as I find they are better than the one on the cover. In any event, really nice interview. What a pleasant kid.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena Buianova: "Every day, coaches set up an athlete to jump like a violin"

- Elena Germanovna, what are Artur's strengths as a sportsman?
Artur is a component skater, he has a lightweight skating and, as we say, soft cat legs. He appeals to the judges with his skating, it is evident from the estimates. At his first world junior championship, when he became second, he stood out markedly with his skating. I would even say such academicism and classicism. In this part he's doing fine, so far the jumping side we lag behind.

-What is the reason for this lag?
He's now in the stage of growth, and this growth, or rather maturation, is also difficult for the boys. This problem they have stretches literally a year or two. Usually during this period start injuries to the back, knees and so on. What grows weakens. We used to think that only girls have problems in puberty. In fact it's hard for all teenagers: girls have weight problems, and boys have growth problems. But all the boys grow differently, and before they grow up, they also get better, they get overweight, just girls these problems are visually visible, and boys are not very.

When Artur began to grow, his back muscles could not keep up with his growth. So all last year we did a lot of pumping and other things to stabilize the back. Marina Selitskaya at this point in time was engaged in a lot of it and as a result was able to put it together. But we lost a little rhythm and pace, because it was a long time in the season: we started to skate only in May and after problems with his back, he listened to him for a long time: it hurts, does not to hurt, in something he doubted. Then had to change the shoes and there were the usual problems with the legs, as it happens to everyone. But together with his parents gathered him, managed to direct him in the right direction. Unfortunately, at that time he was not as competitive as we would have liked. But we are still glad that as a result we kept him for figure skating.

- How difficult is it in the period of growth to adjust an athlete with his changing parameters to jumps and elements in general?
This is the essence of our work. This adjustment occurs daily, as the body is constantly changing. Such athletes, who once learned the element, and then they only have to do it, are very rare. For many years athletes actually do the same thing. Each day from the beginning and every day is the same thing - the essence of the work every coach. No exceptions. Every day the trainers set up the athlete's body to jump like a violin. One string must be tightened, then the other.

-Is this a feature of our sport?
No, in any sport you have to work something out every day. In team types work out individual technique, general tactics of the game, functional readiness. All ballet dancers work several hours a day at the machine, rehearse endlessly, otherwise they will lose form. The athlete has to constantly keep himself in tone. Why do we have two weeks off and no more? Because at long rest, the body risks to forget the gained, will have to recover for too long. And on vacation you can not lie on the couch without movement, you have to run, do some exercises. Actually, it's a way of life.

- What quadruple jumps will Artur be ready to show this season?
You know, it's very hard to plan something. We planned to show them last season, but the circumstances were stronger than our plans. Of course, it's time to show, because without it he's just going nowhere. When two years ago Artur and I unexpectedly got to the Junior World Championships and there again suddenly became the second, we were without a quadruple. A year ago it was possible to get on a pedestal without a quadruple jump. Today, such a number will not pass. Artur in the Grand Prix stages he took second place, scored 26 points and could not reach the final. Because the competition for boys in junior skating has grown significantly. This season a lot of our guys have qualified for the Grand Prix final, which has not been seen for a long time. All of them will be interesting to watch, to watch their development, progress.

I believe that we have very good juniors in our country now, and God forbid that they all do not go further. They compete with each other, enter into this excitement to teach the quadruples. These changes are not only in Russian figure skating, but all over the world. There's a lot of interesting stuff out there, too. Guys with good potential, so we have good competition in men's singles, very good competition because they are all with good potential.

Artur and I are a little late with the quadruples right now, but we want to keep him healthy before we work on it. Now we slowly have already begun to move in this direction, if he can withstand this work, then all the plans can get. As long as we teach all the jumps, what will be stable from this - we'll see. Everything is constantly changing. You learn one thing, and then you get another. So far, Artur can not show at the competition all that he can.

-What's the reason for that?
Boys in general are almost all or most of them: they need to invest in them, breathe life. Little are fighters, to be honest. Given that today they hardly come to figure skating, every school tries to keep its boys, saves them to the last. Coaches are constantly pouring in them some kind of energy, although they see perfectly what kind of energy of the child: ambitious, fast, sharp, smart or not very. Either way they work to save them for figure skating: if in singles skating they will not work, then pass them in pairs skating or dance. Boys still progress, grow, mature, change, but they don't have those conditions competition, which is present in girls literally from the first days of classes. Now if you're on set there's at least one boy in the group, the coaches are glowing from happiness. Someone initially in groups has only girls. We still have boys coming to CSKA, but literally through year and a half can go into hockey because there is such a fashion from the age of four to skate, learn something, and at five go to hockey. It's just pain. We have to work with those who stayed.

-In your opinion, the fact that our young men are juniors to the last and do not aspire to become adults, where the competition is tougher, lies in their greenhouse conditions?
No, of course not. You can go, but if he's in his 15 years can not compete with other juniors himself in the country, how will he qualify for the European and adult World championships? Where will he perform? If desired, all the guys from the age of 15 can perform at the Russian Championship, if they are selected there at the stages of the Russian Cup. By the way, a lot of people do it by skating during the season, both juniors and adults at the same time. Artur, too, has yet to qualify for the Russian championship. Of course, if he does not get into the top three, and will be fourth in the cup stages, his candidacy will be consider coaching advice because he successfully performed at the Grand Prix. But he doesn't have any indulgence to miss selection. Completely sporting principle.

- How ambitious is Artur? How far does he look ahead?
I really hope that he understands where and to which goals must be moved. It's only one thing to dream of something and the other is to go forward, even if the tailwind is not always blowing. In fact, it happens (this doesn't apply to Artur), when talent and diligence are there, but ambition no. I even sometimes ask an athlete, "Why are you going to training? Why are you doing all this?" It can be impossible to move on without this understanding.

-How does Artur answer that question?
Artur wants to win. He is a capable athlete, with hard work he's fine, he's completely immersed into figure skating, but because he's an intelligent, well-mannered boy, he intelligently wants to, I'd say so. This intelligence still hinders him or, better to say, holds him. I wish more furious and passionate desire, maybe even some kind of agility and mischief, because he is very sedated and measured. Perhaps this restraint in him is present in the power of age, and as he becomes older, he will open up. We in the team see that much has been given to him and he must someday splashout.

-This season Artur has very interesting diverse programs. How does he handle them?
Indeed, the programs turned out to be very successful: a short "Don Juan" and the free "Gladiator." The programs are delivered by Nikita Mikhailov, each step worked out by Maxim Zavozin, and every gesture by Irina Tagaeva plus a lot of work was done by me and Marina Selitskaya on the elements. In short, the work was colossal. But so far, in the opinion of our coaching staff, Artur is not fully revealing the emotions that are laid in the programs, especially in "Gladiator." We set this program to him in the hope that the music will force him to be stronger, more furious, but until he pulls her up at the end, the emotions that he conveys are all the result of coaching. I would say that it is not his emotions, but the emotions of Irina Tagaeva, who taught him.

-Do you believe in athlete Artur Danielian as a coach?
How else? If you work with a man, then you believe in him. There's no other way.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur: "It is necessary to do a lot of hard work to get closer and closer to your dream."

-Artur, how did your meeting happen? Figure skating?
I don't really remember it because I was three and a half years old. A new good ice rink was built in Volgograd in 2007. My mother and I were walking around one day, and we decided to go and see. As a result, I was put in a section, and I started to skate. However, almost immediately broke my hand, so returned to the ice only six months later. According to home stories, I seemed to have asked for it. My first coach was Lyudmila Leonidovna Puchkova, from whom I skated for six years. She gave me the technique of jumping, spinning, steps, and then she handed me over to another coach - Ekaterina Zharinova. I've been at her place for three seasons. She gave me all the triples. And then she told my parents that I should continue to develop and think about moving to Moscow or St. Petersburg to a coach who knows what to do next. There were options, but I decided that I wanted to see Elena Germanovna. I watched a lot of different videos, how she trains Adelina Sotnikova, Maxim Kovtun, and I liked it. I told my mom we should try to get to her.

-She took you into the group right away?
I went to the training camp for Victor Kudryavtsev in Novogorsk. One day left from training and went to CSKA. I've shown everything I can do. Basically triple jumps, spins, as I had, steps. She shook my hand and said, "See you in June at the Kislovodsk training camp." I came home, told my parents, they were happy, congratulated me. And they started discussing the move. I don't know how my parents made up their minds. Apparently, they saw this as a prospect. If you don't try, you won't know.

-Have you moved as a family?
Yes, they wouldn't let me go alone. Dad still goes back and forth, the others are here. In general, everything turned out perfectly: my older brother in 2016 graduated from school and immediately entered Moscow University. My older sister transferred and continued to study here.

-Someone else in your family plays sports?
No, I don't think so. I'm probably the only one who seriously and purposefully became engaged in sports. My sister and brother went to different sections from karate to tennis, but studying outweighed everything.

-At what point did you realize that figure skating is an area where can you maximize success?
Probably, when I was still in the third youthful category.

-So early? You must have been six years old, weren't you?
I just imagined even then how great it would be to go to the World Championships, to the Olympic Games. Then at the age of 11-12, I started to be much more interested in figure skating. I got everyone at home with my enthusiasm: I could jump all day on the floor, on the drive to rotate. Everyone asked, "Yes, calm down!" As I got older, I began to realize that it was necessary to work hard to get closer and closer to my dream.

- Did you already think that the 2022 Olympics could be your first Olympics?
No, I don't think so far ahead. So far, I've got junior starts. I've got to deal with my rivals and myself so I can go into seniors completely confident, ready to fire. If all the plans work out well, then you can think about 2022.

-What brings you to training every day? Why are you doing this?
First of all, my parents did so much to get me here. They literally left home, friends, work and moved here for me. This is only the first thing that makes me work hard. Second, because that's what I want. I understand that my entire future life will be connected with figure skating. Thirdly, the coaches invest so much in me. In three years we've been through so much - injuries, problems - and they're still with me, they're still investing, believing in me. I've also loved performing since I was a kid. I love it when the public supports, claps.

-And if the empty stands, as, for example, it was in Zagreb?
There is still an Internet where people write their opinions. When people write warm words, congratulate, wish good luck - it is very stimulating. I read it all good and bad.

-Have you thought about what you would like to achieve, as much as possible?
I want to be a titled athlete. I want to take from each competition the maximum, so that in my list of honor shall be with a medal and with good memories of my performance. I somehow realized that junior starts will end one day, and suddenly I will not take some medal. One more chance may not fall out, so I have to skate every time so that I get what I want.

-You now had a high chance to reach the final of the Junior Grand Prix. Why didn't you manage to use it?
Yes, twice was second at my stages, and did not qualify for the final. That's my mistake. Absolutely gave everything.

-The most insulting thing is probably the quadruple salchow in Zagreb?
It's more insulting for the spins and steps in Chelyabinsk. It's twenty-hundredths, and I got minuses and it turns out that I lost. And if I were first and second... Everywhere you need to do the most that depends on you.

-What do you experience brighter: defeats or victories?
Emotionally, i guess, defeat. Because if I win and I'm on the podium, then I did everything right, and got what I should have gotten. And if I lose, especially some tenth or 100th of points, I really scold myself. Although I know that you have to react calmly, otherwise you can go crazy. It is necessary not to gnaw oneself, but to analyze the causes and not to make such mistakes. At the Grand Prix in Chelyabinsk I had a reserve after the short 10 points. With a good skate it was possible to keep this leadership, but I somehow drove all sorts, and given that I'm without a quadruple, then... stupidly lost. After Chelyabinsk I gave myself the installation that in Zagreb I should not make mistakes. So when I popped the quadruple salchow, I knew that there is no more margin for error. And there I skated cleanly.

-Apart from the quadruple salchow, what other quadruple do you intend to insert into the program?
I still have to cope with the Salchow in competitions. Some barrier to overcome, because in the warm-up I make it easy and think every time: now I will go out and finally show it. And at every start a butterfly. But I don't know what's going on. Now in Kazakhstan at the competitions of the memory of Denis Ten I fell from it, but finally twisted it. When I stopped at the jump, I thought, "Whatever you want, but do it!" That it is no longer funny and ugly and generally incomprehensible. You seem to have a jump, but you don't seem to have it. I hope one day this day will come. But now I want to stabilize the Salchow and think about the next quadruple, because without it there is no way. I think I'm a little behind my peers.

-What's the next jump you'd like to show?
I want a lutz. Then you can try the flip. In principle, everything can be tried, it depends on the sensations. I feel like I'm running around: every day, different jumps are made. The only problem is with the toeloop because I haven't had it since I was a kid. When I was younger, I told my mom that when I grow up, I'd rule out this jump not only from all my programs, but in general from figure skating. Something's wrong with it because I cannot push out of it. And in combinations I make it, but solo - not so much. Now we've started working on it. If I catch him, I think the toeloop will be next.

-Have you ever had moments when you had to show character?
At every start I try to show because I show the judges and the audience the work that's done not by one person, but by a whole team. I don't want to go back and read about myself. There are people who are behind you. Any mistake will be poured with dirt. No matter they know what's going on or not. They just have to speak out. And when you show a clean skate, the coaches will praise, and people will like.

-What's behind your words "to show character"?
It means doing as planned, don't back down, hold the whole program to the end. I do every step that has been worked out with the coach, concentrating on doing it well, not throwing it out of the program altogether, because I'm tired. For example, at the end of the step sequence I can throw steps out of it, because I already made all the blocks, that are needed for the level, and the rest of the steps - they are just for beauty to look complete. In principle, I can throw them away. But it is not to respect myself: the coaches worked out all this for so long, invested, and I took and threw it away? It happens that you can be a little late in the music somewhere to speed up, add emotions to make the program look whole, or at the end of the program do to make the necessary level, and my feet are already hooked and there is no desire to strain. I do not allow myself to even think about it, I definitely finish everything. I'm showing character. Male.

- Artur, you have a season best for both programs this season 223 points, and Gumennik - 232, Mozalev - 236, Samsonov - 250. Such a difference in scores due to quadruple jumping?
I do not think that these are only quadruples. I didn’t get the little things on different errors, and that’s the backlog. If you skate cleanly, then I can easily dial the amount of 240 points because of the components in which the judges don’t offend me. It remains only to do and show all that I can.

-What are the goals for the season?
To qualify for the World Junior Championships. Show clean skating and gnaw your place in team.

- Are you still preparing for the final of the Junior Grand Prix series? Considering you're the first backup, everything could be.
Given that I am the first reserve, I am definitely preparing. Of course, I wish everyone health, and that all, who qualified for the final, performed, but purely psychologically prepare myself for the fact that this in principle can happen. True, now I had to change my shoes because mine broke, but I will try to roll out in the new ones as quickly as possible and without any foot problems. If all goes well, I plan to start at the Russian Cup to qualify for the Russian Championship.

- Did you say "to gnaw a place in the national team", that is, there is competition in the junior team?
The competition has already decently gained, the boys have progressed markedly. I'm a little behind them because of a back injury. I started to grow sharply, my muscles didn't have time. In general, it was difficult to keep in shape. After the starts, the coaches give me some time to rest, I immediately started to grow. In less than a year grown somewhere 14 cm and then gained weight, almost a kilogram on every inch. We at this time have already begun actively learning quadruple jumps. To be honest, at the beginning of this season was generally thinking of quitting skating.

-Why?
Things didn't go well, including health. I thought it was time to wrap up. Shared it at home, my mother said that there is no need to hurry. I thought it was wrong. And she was right.

-Do you have a sporting character?
I'm working on it. Someone has been given this since birth, and someone needs to work on it.

-How do you do that?
When you continue, no matter what. Fighting for each element and every step in the program. When failure, and you do not give up and continue in two times more work. When you don’t feel like it, you need to.

-To cope with loads, problems, probably, easier when there is success?
You don't have to. When success comes, you can relax, and when it is not, but has already passed so much, then I want to achieve it by any means. Anyway, it's all good now, I'm working and I'm not going to stop skating.

-How do you feel about figure skating at home? Discuss?
No, I don't think so. At home I try not to discuss anything from figure skating. They will congratulate if I win, they will support if I lose. My mom can still scold me for losing, but usually asks what is the reason so she can help.

-Who is the biggest fan in the family?
Mom, of course. Dad, too, but he's only recently started to get interested in everything. After each start calls, gives advice.

-Which ones, for example?
He says I need to work more on my free program. I know it. The Gladiator program was designed specifically to wake up a different image. Irina Anvarovna has worked a lot with me over it. Sharp, strong-willed movements, stern look, wide skating. But I'm not doing very well yet. I forget to keep my face and immediately "brows the house" during the skate. I don't do it on purpose, just face muscles themselves are so tense and the face turns out a little surprised. The look is not a killer, but a dog of some kind. To me I want to skate programs like Sergey Voronov so that the audience gets goosebumps during my skate. Apparently, when the first jump in the program goes, then the whole Gladiator will sound different. In the meantime, somehow it looks dull.

-What do you associate it with? Lack of functional training?
No, everything's all right with that. We skate the program many times and I'm enough for the first half, for sure, and then the triple jumps stand, which I can even cleanly do just on moral will. I think I'm still emotionally not enough. I don't know what it's connected with. Emotionally, the short program "Don Juan" is even better. Maybe I’m giving myself away in the short and I can’t switch to the free...until I can switch from emotionally joyful short to emotionally harsh free. "Gladiator" should be rolled with such pressure, as if in an attack. You're fighting for your family. We have to work on it for the next starts.

-Do you like Gladiator?
Of course! I enjoyed watching the film and watched Yagudin's program to this music. I basically watch a lot of figure skating. I can sit down tonight and watch the 2015 Russian championships.

-Not every skater does that.
Some people don't even know which programs and what content other skaters are currently skating to.

-Whose skating does you like?
Everyone has something I like. Dima Aliyev beautiful flowing slide, Sasha Samarin - the ability to fight, Misha Kolyada - his high springboard jumping. Seryozha Voronov this year won me over with his sporting attitude. On rentals, only from his skating felt goosebumps. From the world Yuzuru Hanyu and Nathan Chen especially if they're going to have modern music. I've always liked Javier Fernandez skating, and jumping, and program delivery.

-How do you relax from figure skating? Is there any hobbies besides him?
Mostly studying. But if there's time I like to draw. I have a sister who's a designer by training, she has been very good at drawing since childhood. Me too, if I want to relax, usually I sit down to draw.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Channel 1 did a spotlight interview with Artur!!!! https://youtu.be/-_-whlfCoE4
Pride, tears, perfect skater:

Why did Artur think about ending his career at the beginning of the season, and who stopped him? Who does the perfect skater look like? As well as the reaction to the quadruple performed by the girls, the role of the family in the career and the tears due to figure skating - in an interview with Artur. Watch on Channel One.

I think this was done a while ago because he's wearing Concerto and he's now in Ice Fly! Nice to see him in training, on and off the ice!

Are you ready for Nationals? Less than 24 hours to go and Artur makes his senior debut at Nationals! :yahoo:

Good luck to Artur! :cheer:

ETA: Translation here https://www.instagram.com/p/B6foO64ppzt/

Picture of Artur at the draw near the Xmas tree! https://www.instagram.com/p/B6f0f-HI0KQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And he will kick off the tournament, first to skate!!!

:laugh2: his face at pulling #1 https://d.radikal.ru/d09/1912/c0/80a196b2ff0e.jpg

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He’s the first to skate short program, so at least he is not going to wait long after the warm up :hap93:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He’s the first to skate short program, so at least he is not going to wait long after the warm up :hap93:

And since it'll be 2am for me, I can watch him and then go right back to sleep :bed: It's a work day :laugh: