Artur Danielian | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

LadyB

Record Breaker
RemyRose, you knew what you were doing when you set up this thread!!! Great job :thumbsup:

I must admit, I've never heard of him. Then I saw him for the first time live at Europeans and I thought 'wow'! He so deserved his silver medal and I think there is more to come. There are quite a lot of talented boys in the Russian team with Skirda, Frolov, Kutovoy, Samsonov...just to name a few, but Artur will be right up there with them. Looking forward to next year's Juniors. :agree2:

decjimmy

Rinkside
I honestly would have never payed attention to him if he did not get silver in junior worlds.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well it's a good thing he was sent to Jr. Worlds :biggrin: He's caught a lot people's attention which is great!!! The more the merrier.

Danielyan (yan,ian) ex: Kardashian, iis he an armenian last name ???

Yes ;)

ewdokia

On the Ice
When searching news about Adian I came across this picture:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/432f3060a1fa6de2654040cb31171b36/tumblr_p6zhqayEt01v1xw2vo4_540.jpg

It was taken during a training camp in Sergeiew Posad at the end of March, where Artur had been invited to skate in a little Gala. Which in my book was an excellent idea. Kids in the provinces most times have worse training conditions than kids in Moscow or St. Petersburg. However, watching Artur they got proof that one can still reach elite level with extra hard work and extra talent. :rock:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When searching news about Adian I came across this picture:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/432f3060a1fa6de2654040cb31171b36/tumblr_p6zhqayEt01v1xw2vo4_540.jpg

It was taken during a training camp in Sergeiew Posad at the end of March, where Artur had been invited to skate in a little Gala. Which in my book was an excellent idea. Kids in the provinces most times have worse training conditions than kids in Moscow or St. Petersburg. However, watching Artur they got proof that one can still reach elite level with extra hard work and extra talent. :rock:

Oh yeah. I have that gala skate on my phone :laugh: It was nice to see him participate. Actually he seems to participate in a few skating camps with Selitskaya from the year prior. This Instagram account has a few videos of Artur from the previous season (2016) demonstrating jumps https://www.instagram.com/figure_skating_league/

And here is a recent photo from Flade who visited the new ice rink at CSKA a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if she got an interview with him like she did with the others https://www.instagram.com/p/BiXhXiJjVtH/?taken-by=tanjaflade

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if she took an interview, but she was talking to him and asking about progress in practice. He is working on two quads, one of them with promising trials. :)

Cool. Which are the two quads? Salchow and?

I want to know about programs :laugh: JGP can't come soon enough :drama:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Cool. Which are the two quads? Salchow and?
The first one is right, the 2nd one surprise. ;) Actually I think we might only see one quad this season, but that’s ok. I’m happy Buyanova does not seem to rush things with Artur. He is too young and talented for a “medal here and now” strategy. :clapper:

I want to know about programs :laugh: JGP can't come soon enough :drama:
Probably we don’t have to wait till JGP, he’ll certainly participate in the Junior test skates and sometimes videos of it become available on the net. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The first one is right, the 2nd one surprise. ;) Actually I think we might only see one quad this season, but that’s ok. I’m happy Buyanova does not seem to rush things with Artur. He is too young and talented for a “medal here and now” strategy. :clapper:

I hope we only see one quad really, unless he figures out how to put it in combination :laugh: Please don't let the 2nd quad be the loop, he mentioned it in one interview and I don't want him getting hurt :sad4:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the second quad IS the loop. Guess all you have to do is ask :laugh: He plans 2 quads in the LP. Depending on the rule changes it's either 2 salchows or 1 sal and 1 loop. Said the toe loop is his most problematic jump. It's all on his ask.fm page from today ;)

The new issue of the Russian magazine "World of Figure Skating" ("Мир фигурного катания") came out. Covers Junior Nationals. I guess Junior Worlds will be in the next issue a few months from now. I google translated the relevant parts (pgs 16-19). Link to full issue: https://vk.com/doc292395994_465491621?hash=e173ffe3a5d6749a02&dl=e904eac73315e9a517

Boys: Generation NEXT

Opening the championship of Russia competition were the young men. As is known, in the short program, quadruples they do not perform, which is why the results, as a rule, are fairly even, although sometimes unexpected. After all, triple jumps are now being mastered by all self-respecting juniors, and then in this case comes a technical assessment, which is higher with more careful and cleaner elements. Therefore in the short program the first place was taken by Danielyan, to whom only a month ago, on December 17, turned 14 years old. Figure skater, who grew up in Volgograd and moved two years ago to Moscow to train in CSKA, debuted here in the leaders, performing the best technical set of triple axel, combination of triple lutz, triple toe loop and triple flip. By the way, the promising sportsman was supposed to perform at the championship of Russia a year ago, but injury prevented him. And now everything has turned out, and Danielian in the short program was ahead of the favorite, which at this start was considered Alexei Erokhov.

However, in the free program everything fell into place. Erokhov, student of Eteri Tutberidze, behind whom has the experience of performances at the adult championships of Russia, owns quadruple jumps-a toe loop and a salchow. In Saransk, in the free program, Alexei twice jumped the quad toe loop and this was enough for a sure victory. Skating a clean free program with two quadruple jumps was Roman Savosin, which allowed the pupil of Alexei Chetverukhin to rise from the intermediate seventh place, which he occupied because of an error in the short program, to second place. Third was Danielyan, who, because of the lack of a quadruple jump, was not able to compete with the more experienced and senior rivals for the victory, but proved himself worthy. I remember several other athletes with very bright and interesting programs - Egor Murashov, Egor Rukhin, Daniel Samsonov.

The main conclusion following the results of competitions in men's single skating is this: in the most problematic Russian figure skating there are juniors who are ready to leave and go to the adult arena and compete now, but there is a completely new generation of figure skaters that has absorbed modern trends. At them, in programs jumps as if continuation of others elements, they do not enter on them, as on launch of the astronaut. Of course, the forecasts are a thankless task, but it is with the advent of the next generation that we look forward to the coming years with special impatience and hope that our men will again fight for the gold of the major world tournaments.

Galina Golubkova, senior coach of junior team of Russia:

At the junior championship of Russia in the competition of boys Artur Danielyan pleased us. We gave him a stage on the junior Grand Prix, he did not quite succeed by the result, but left a pleasant impression. During the judges' analysis of this athlete, many turned attention, noted his skating skills, staging of programs. Artur only this year started in the international arena, but has already demonstrated possession of a triple Axel. Therefore we hope for him a successful performance at the World Championships in Bulgaria, which will be held at the beginning of March.

Note: the elements Danielian actually completed in the SP were 3a, 3loop/3toe, and 3lutz. Oops :laugh:

ewdokia

On the Ice
I hope we only see one quad really, unless he figures out how to put it in combination :laugh: Please don't let the 2nd quad be the loop, he mentioned it in one interview and I don't want him getting hurt :sad4:
I’m not happy about this either. But Artur simply does not like toeloops. :(
The good news is that his Salchow seems to go well in practice. :)

And he posted some lovely pics on his Instagram recently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqH54QDxFc/?taken-by=artur_danielyan17

It’s four pictures, so you need to turnover. He is so sweet, I particularly like the 2nd pic. His whole family seems to be very nice. :love: